Redskins vs Falcons Prediction Thread: Working Man Blasting in the Stadium

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Shoot-out or Slug-Fest? Who wins?

• Redskins
    • Falcons
    • That thing that goes around your neck when you play dress-up { tie }

Much like the Saints game i feel this is a bad match-up. Falcons will score threw the air and can strike quick. The idea of Strohman going 1 on 1 vs Jones,Sanu or Ridley is scary, Might as well just spot them 14 points now. We won't be able to keep pace in this one and play the ball control football we want to. Unless Alex Smith plays like the QB he was in KC Atlanta takes a early lead and never looks back.

Atl 28

Was 17

I do have a concern that we might get down 7-10 points early and I wonder how we respond since we’re better from ahead. However the Atlanta defense is so bad and banged up I just don’t see how we don’t move the ball. I say we get our first come from behind win this week.

Redskins- 27

falcons- 21

This will be a big test for sure.  What gives me hope, is that Matt Ryan is more human on the road, away from the dome:

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattryan/310/situationalstats

And he's been sacked 20 times already.  That said, they have plenty of firepower, I think busted coverage/amazing play by Julio is good for a couple of scores.  And our passing offense shows more signs of life:

Skins: 31

Birds: 23

On 10/28/2018 at 6:06 PM, Matt4415 said:

That's going to be very hard to do considering they have a top 5 run defense and our OL is one of the worst in the league and we are playing on the road

People are underrating the Redskins DL and OL. They don’t do anything flashy, just good ole   Hard nosed football. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

I actually think it will be a good matchup.  Washington has the third-ranked rush defense, but on offense Alex Smith is Captain checkdown so our LB have to be ready to handle RBs catching passes out of the backfield.  For us play action early would be wise.  I see a lot of 3 and 4 WR sets this week.

---------------------------------------------

Short passes and get the ball out quickly. Da Ron Payne in the interior DL is having a good year. Ryan karigan and Lionidas are dangerous on the edge. With no running game, Sark better have a good plan with quick passes.

--------------------------------------------

The key to this game is going to be Schweitzer and Garland holding up against those interior D linemen of the Redskins, specifically Ioanniddis and Payne.  These guys have been blowing up the interior of opponent's lines and have really been the key to the Redskins defense, along with DJ Swearinger in the secondary, who is playing like an All Pro.

The Redskins passing game is completely stale and conservative and the Redskins are in trouble if they fall behind in a game.  They haven't trailed even once in any of their wins and Peterson's 64 yard TD against the Giants was only the Redskins 2nd offensive TD in the second half of a game all season. 

In simple terms, I think the magic number for the Falcons in this game is 24 points.  The Redskins offense has basically played two great first halves all season, and their defense has carried them all of the other times.

------------------------------------

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4066215-how-well-do-we-match-up-with-the-redskins/?page=2

Not used to hearing skins and hard nosed football in same sentence. Some smart posters over there. In our 2 losses, I think Luck and Brees were able to get the ball out quick to neutralize our D line. I know I read quotes after the Colts game that that frustrated some skins D players.

29 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Strange that people are more confident against the Falcons, than the Giants.

Fans are fickle that way.  I found it more strange that people were less confident against the Giants. 

I think our D learned a valuable lesson, against the Saints and they'll carry the day for us on Sunday. If they can hit Ryan in the teeth, and if Smith can step up, even a little, than I feel pretty good about this game. 

36 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Strange that people are more confident against the Falcons, than the Giants.

2 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Fans are fickle that way.  I found it more strange that people were less confident against the Giants. 

I think our D learned a valuable lesson, against the Saints and they'll carry the day for us on Sunday. If they can hit Ryan in the teeth, and if Smith can step up, even a little, than I feel pretty good about this game. 

Likely because we loose to bad Giant teams, and we don't do that well in the division if you look at recent history. Especially in the Meadowlands. That is always going to be a tough game, not to mention it was about as much of a "trap" game as we can have. And we have stunk it up in that regard recently as well.

I’ve picked us to lose the last three weeks so I am sticking with what works. 

They will I’ll not run the ball on us it, that is well established at this point, but our secondary has some holes, Julio Jones hasn’t been stellar but we have been peoples get back game before, plus Sanu is there. Ryan isn’t what he was a few seasons ago but he is still good enough to exploit our inexperienced members in the secondary. 

If AP doesn’t break for a long run our second half scoring drought continues so in order to win we have to have touchdowns early. If Alex is not gonna throw down field I hope we go more three TE sets and let Reed, And Davis use there bodies to move the chains with running game to keep them honest. 

Falcons: 21

Redskins: 18 

we we have a chance to win it but failure to get into the end zone and a Hopkins missed field goal keeps us from winning it. 

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Likely because we loose to bad Giant teams, and we don't do that well in the division if you look at recent history. Especially in the Meadowlands. That is always going to be a tough game, not to mention it was about as much of a "trap" game as we can have. And we have stunk it up in that regard recently as well.

I understand why folks feel that way, but, after seeing our D improve, and seeing how ****ty the Giants have been playing, I find it strange.

Until we can string together more wins, and in convincing fashion, people are still going to feel that way. 

21 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I understand why folks feel that way, but, after seeing our D improve, and seeing how ****ty the Giants have been playing, I find it strange.

Until we can string together more wins, and in convincing fashion, people are still going to feel that way. 

And they should. When you have a pretty consistent past, you're going to have to prove it wasn't a fluke. You're going to have to show it multiple times.

I'm scared of this game only because our db situation is shaky and thin.  If Dunbar can't go, I really only feel confident in Norman and DJ.  The rest of our dbs get eaten alive by double moves and inside slants.  At the beginning of the season I marked this game down as a loss, more so a blowout.  Now I don't know if it'll be a blow out, but I do still expect to lose.

27-17 Falcons

All Day will run for 120+ against their poop defense. Problem is The Lord of All Checkdowns will not be able to move the offense enough to matter.
Defensively, Stroman gets torched twice for TDs by either Julio or Sanu. As good as our defense is it does have this one glaring weakness.

Take the under and make some  ?
(O/U is 47.5)

Falcons - 24
Skins - 10

I don't think we match up with Atlanta very well. They don't have to rely on their running game. They can sling the rock all over the field, and we've shown to be susceptible to good aerial attacks. I don't think Smith is going to give us enough points for the W.

Atlanta 30

Skins 20

Archived