Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is Wrong with Alex Smith?

NoVaSkins21

1 minute ago, Master Blaster said:

I get it now.  You struggle with simple ideas.

I'm not moving the goal posts, I'm attempting to make it easier for you to understand.

If the Redskins think bringing in DJax will have an impact on their record (especially if Tampa only wants a 5th), do it.

If the Redskins don't see DJax as having an impact on their record, don't do it.

Is that within your ability to logic?

You did, but if insulting me makes you feel better, I have broad shoulders. Funny how none of those parameters showed up originally, it was SB or bust, and save that money (even if you can't actually "save it for later).

See, I actually agree with that. It's nothing what you said before, but it's nice you're learning to communicate on a message board. Kudos.

2 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

You did, but if insulting me makes you feel better, I have broad shoulders. Funny how none of those parameters showed up originally, it was SB or bust, and save that money (even if you can't actually "save it for later).

See, I actually agree with that. It's nothing what you said before, but it's nice you're learning to communicate on a message board. Kudos.

Where did I say to save money?

The original post was a use of hyperbole to make the overall point.  It's a common writing technique which is used to drastically underscore the point.  Which went over your head. 

1 minute ago, Master Blaster said:

Where did I say to save money?

The original post was a use of hyperbole to make the overall point.  It's a common writing technique which is used to drastically underscore the point.  Which went over your head. 

Here: "Is the team a DJax away from going to the Super Bowl?  If yes, then pull the trigger.  If not, save assets."

Unless you were referring to a 5th rounder, that was listed as a possibility. But that was something I didn't see until after your OP. So, at that time, the only ASSET was his contract.

To the other part, you completely overstated your point? Sure, or moved the goal posts. Whatever makes you feel better.

Pro tip: **** like that tends to cause confusion on a message board, much like sarcasm, because it's rather difficult to interpret the writers true meaning. Being concise and detailed much better approach if you want to be understood correctly.

Watched Finlay on the pregame, said the coaching staff is very frustrated at the moment with Alex/passing game saying he's leaving too many plays on the field.  He even got in the 2017 Alex versus before that and if I heard him right that's part of the conversation behind the scenes. 

Some have suggested the coaching staff-FO knew exactly what they were getting with Alex -- implying they are likely not that shocked by this.  No way to know one way or another.  But, I get the opposite impression listening to multiple guys (including Keim who usually doesn't speak unless he has good sources) where instead the FO bought into the new and improved and just getting better Alex Smith narrative.

I am not saying they were wrong about the new improved Alex Smith though they are looking wrong so far.  But will see.  But yeah I don't buy  that their scouting reports told them Alex will be super conservative and play similar to how he's played thus far.  They were leaking all off season about Alex being an upgrade.  If they didn't feel that way you'd figure they'd lower expectations not heighten them.

The good news in all of this to me is this.  Alex is no dummy.  So if the coaching staff is indeed frustrated by him -- I am sure he senses it.  And if they want him to let loose, I'd bet he gets that too.  So maybe today is his coming out game so to speak?  the Giants passing defense isn't good.  If he struggles with all this backdrop, it would deepen my concern.  But I am not ruling out he plays well.   I think this is a perfect storm for him to have a good game.  Will see.

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Here: "Is the team a DJax away from going to the Super Bowl?  If yes, then pull the trigger.  If not, save assets."

Unless you were referring to a 5th rounder, that was listed as a possibility. But that was something I didn't see until after your OP. So, at that time, the only ASSET was his contract.

We are discussing a TRADE.

Players/Draft Picks are assets.  This really isn't difficult.

Alex Smith is the worst high paid QB I've ever seen.   This sketchy as hell player has somehow been able to make a career.   Dan and Bruce Allen are ****ING STUPID for letting Cousin's walk.   I keep saying this and I will say it over and over again until Dan sells the team:  **** YOU DAN and **** YOU BRUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to apologize to my family for the Alex Smith rant after he missed Reed on 3rd and 1.  That’s the first time I’ve screamed at my television in a while.

For all you guys who think this angst is about Cousins, he doesn’t have jack to do with this.  Watching Alex play QB is just straight up torture.  It’s so disappointing because better QB play and this team could be a legit threat.

5 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

The difference is the Ravens had a defense that could beat good teams consistently.  We're not even close to that.

Oh I know that.  Any good qb we've faced in the Colts and Saints have figured our D out.

Three straight games under 180 yards passing.  This pass offense is brutal.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watched Finlay on the pregame, said the coaching staff is very frustrated at the moment with Alex/passing game saying he's leaving too many plays on the field. 

Left a bunch more out there today.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Worst starting QB for the Redskins in my 35 years of watching this team.

Stop making excuses for him and get Colt ready so he doesn't ruin our season.

Who needs to make excuses? The Redskins won! Stop confusing football for beauty contests.

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Do you think its sustainable? Are we last years Jacksonville team?  We better hope so if we are gonna keep this rolling.

Do I think it's sustainable? We were predicted by the experts to win 2 games this year. NO ONE thought we would make any noise this year not even the biggest of the team's Kool Aid drinkers.

I am playing with house money. I get to have a damn good time. I also think that Smith made some throws this week he didn't make last week. I think he will improve within this offense. If you are winning and still can improve... If you are playing badly and are still winning...

12 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Worst starting QB for the Redskins in my 35 years of watching this team.

Stop making excuses for him and get Colt ready so he doesn't ruin our season.

If you really think that Alex is the worst Redskins starting QB in the last 35 years then I'm not sure it was this team you've been watching.

Do you truly believe that

John Beck

Danny Wuerffel

Shane Mathews

Tony Banks

Cary Conklin

were all better than Alex Smith? Really and truly?

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Do I think it's sustainable? We were predicted by the experts to win 2 games this year. NO ONE thought we would make any noise this year not even the biggest of the team's Kool Aid drinkers.

I am playing with house money. I get to have a damn good time. I also think that Smith made some throws this week he didn't make last week. I think he will improve within this offense. If you are winning and still can improve... If you are playing badly and are still winning...

So because the perception was that we would stink you think its all gravy, we just have 2 very different perspectives.

1 minute ago, normal_gymnasium said:

If you really think that Alex is the worst Redskins starting QB in the last 35 years then I'm not sure it was this team you've been watching.

Do you truly believe that

John Beck

Danny Wuerffel

Shane Mathews

Tony Banks

Cary Conklin

were all better than Alex Smith? Really and truly?

I said top 5 worst and to answer you, Yes, 100% absolutely ****ing YES!

Actually, Matthews and Banks were better passers.

Archived