Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has any team started a re-build while in 1st place in the Division? We Should

jbird2

2 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Crazy thought..... What if Jay Gruden decided to quit?  What if he said he had it with the apathetic way they were playing, handed the clipboard to someone else and said you want to embarass yourselves again, go right ahead.

Seriously, I don't know if he would, but after tonight, I know people are all over Jay, but players have to execute too.  And Jay, didn't have the personell say that Shanahan or Gibbs had.

Coaches dont quit.  They get paid $5 million to walk around in gym shorts and give press conferences

38 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Seriously?, 9-7 can win this division, I'm not interested in throwing seasons awa?y in hopes of having better seasons.?  I don't support ta?nking.??

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen here. There is zero point in going 8-8 or 9-7 and then not getting good players after being eliminated in the first round.

We should have tanked last year after losing to San Diego to get Rosen or Darnold. Now weÂ’re stuck with Alex ****ing Smith for the next 3 years at least.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Wanting to tank is obviously contingent on the idea that we'd end up with a new GM calling the shots for everything and hiring his guy. No one wants to tank and keep the same crew in place. 

It's kind of a preposterous angle to take to debate that. Basically 'I don't trust Allen and Co to build a team, so therefore we should try to be good enough that Bruce and Co keep their jobs'. 

This team is just a pile of soft pig ****. Played 4 games, and two of those 4 were lopsided blowouts where the team was abused  and embarrassed on both sides of the ball. I'm tired of it, man. 

Two weeks to prepare, and we come out of the bye looking like a ****ing dumpster fire (again). We get blown out in prime time (again).

I'm sick of the embarrassments. Gruden needs to go, and Snyder and Allen can take their worthless asses with him. 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Nah. The Rams have a pretty stacked front 7, actually make trades for and sign impact players, have a young franchise QB in a great offensive scheme, a stud RB, 3 WR's better than our top guy (whoever that even is) and passable TE's. They were way more talented than we currently are, and McVay is way better than anyone we could hire this offseason even if we went that route. 

Yeah, i get that but even Goff looked pedestrian as a rookie. But my contention is that were talented, but i fear that Gruden's problem is that no matter how good he is at keeping us from falling overboard, he's also unable to get us to any kind of a streak. 

Point being that we have a lot of young talent that I don't want to give up on, even more I don't want to lose a guy like Kyle Smith doing our drafts. Everything else is me to me, including Gruden. 

6 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Yeah, i get that but even Goff looked pedestrian as a rookie. But my contention is that were talented, but i fear that Gruden's problem is that no matter how good he is at keeping us from falling overboard, he's also unable to get us to any kind of a streak. 

Point being that we have a lot of young talent that I don't want to give up on, even more I don't want to lose a guy like Kyle Smith doing our drafts. Everything else is me to me, including Gruden. 

Yes, a guy like Gruden, especially paired with a guy like Alex Smith, is football purgatory. Marvin Lewis at best. 

I really have no idea how talented or good Kyle Smith may be and neither does anyone else here, so I'm not that attached to him. His name is his biggest life asset to this point aside from his reputation, which in the NFL could be derived from his name. I have no idea if he knows what he's doing or could be a future GM.  

1 minute ago, zoony said:

We cant trade scherff hes too good!

It's funny because its probable no one would even trade for Scherff at a price we'd consider--he's on a "rookie contract" but we took him so high that for his position, he's still making a lot of money. Like the Giants and Barkley, you take a guy at a non-premium position that high and his rookie contract is no longer that big of a bargain. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I really have no idea how talented or good Kyle Smith may be and neither does anyone else here, so I'm not that attached to him. His name is his biggest life asset to this point aside from his reputation, which in the NFL could be derived from his name. I have no idea if he knows what he's doing or could be a future GM.  

Hey now, don't dog on the one thing that gives me hope for this franchise. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon and for the rest of our lives. 

18 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen here. There is zero point in going 8-8 or 9-7 and then not getting good players after being eliminated in the first round.

We should have tanked last year after losing to San Diego to get Rosen or Darnold. Now weÂ’re stuck with Alex ****ing Smith for the next 3 years at least.

Good players or high draft picks?  That's not always the same thing.  And don't call me dumb just because you disagree with me.  That doesn't make you right.

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Hey now, don't dog on the one thing that gives me hope for this franchise. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon and for the rest of our lives. 

I mean, I hope you're right. I really do. I'd be willing to give him a shot. I'm just saying that none of us have a clue about him, and we can't given his role. He has a name, which is either good or bad. Remember all the hype for Morrocco Brown and how "respected around the league" he was until he was finally hired away by the Browns back when they were still a ****show FO? And then he disappeared, and I don't even think the job he left for was a promotion, the team just didn't want to give Brown and Scott Campbell (another mystery personnel guy who had survived like 4 HC's for some reason who we couldn't really evaluate who is now gone) raises. Just googled and he's apparently been added to the Colt's FO in some way, so he's still in the NFL. But these guys never disappear, its a good ol' boys league. 

So I hope Kyle Smith is talented as hell and the hype is warranted, and I hope he's not just riding his dad's name. But I don't know how we could know. 

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

If someone hasn't been a GM before, you really can't know what kind of a job they'll do in the position. Smith seems like he's good at drafting players, but how he would do in a holistic way, what kind of vision or foresight he would have, we can't know. And we don't get to intevrview him. We just have to trust that the people who would choose our next GM know what they are doing......

tenor.gif?itemid=11624870

tenor.gif?itemid=7272294

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

We just have to trust that the people who would choose our next GM know what they are doing......

Yeah right. Just like we lucked into McVay (and lost him), we've lucked into Smith. Hopefully we learned something. But we'll probably let him go to hire a retired former sb winning gm on his last hurrah. 

Honestly surprised by everyone so angry, this was Brees’ night. The Redskins are terrible on prime time and we got blown out, nothing new. No matter who comes to here to play we will never be good on prime time. YÂ’all need to start watching hockey, the capitals win and IÂ’m sick of the redskins always losing.

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Good players or high draft picks?  That's not always the same thing.  And don't call me dumb just because you disagree with me.  That doesn't make you right.

Would you rather have Rosen or 3 years of captain Checkdown 

1 minute ago, max21 said:

I’m still upset, console me 

Upset, angry. Its the same for sports fans. When the team has to worry is when the apathy sets in. I think we're getting there as a fanbase and some of us as individuals already are there. 

You have to be drunk, blind and dumb to think this team as it is constructed is any good. It’s the same damn Skins team we see every ****ing year. Who cares if they win the next 5 in a row. They will just lose the following 5 to average it back out.

The worst part about next weeks inevitable loss is that Cam Newton is going to walk to the podium at the post game press conference dressed like ****ing Peter Pan with a feather in his archers hat, a Jamaican shirt with the holes, green spandex & a pair of UGG boots ? .  ThatÂ’s gonna really sting seeing that ****.  **** Dan Snyder!

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

I like the core of our D Line, but Kerrigan looks pedestrian, Preston Smith should NOT be extended, Mason and Buddy can stay at MLB.  We need new Outside Backers, and 2 new Corners, oh, and one competent Free safety out of the Nicholson'Swearenger angle.

On OL.  Yikes, We need like 4 OL. A  new tackle, a new Guard, probably a qualified Center.  And a fist full of receivers... too many holes to fill in one season.

Kerrigan had a sack that was basically nullified by Nicholson's boneheaded play and should have gotten a couple of holding calls when he beat his guy. He's been doing that all year.. He's fine..

Archived