Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

I couldn't resist. With the Eagles losing, by virtue of a bye the Redskins are all alone in 1st place in the NFC East. Who would have seen this coming? I think it's time to print up some t-shirts and hang some damn banners. We need to carbonate our beers 'til they bubble like champagne. The Redskins have dethroned the Eagles and are better than the Eagles and Giants.

Take that Sports Illustrated! Take that ESPN! Take that Sporting News and Bleacher Report! All hail the first quarter season division winning Washington Redskins!

:allhail:

Okay, obviously I don't think it'll last or stay this way throughout the season, but celebrate damn you celebrate! 

On a serious note, I noticed a hell of a lot of drops on the televised games today. Almost makes me wonder if we are too hard on our receivers.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

We also moved into 3rd place in the playoff race, though New Orleans probably moves ahead of us; if they win tonight.

Way to early, but early trends seems to be lining up for the Skins to make a playoff run and maybe even a shot at winning the division. 

Thing is, will Gruden be able to take advantage of the opportunities?    New Orleans I think is a must win, if things are truly to be different this year. 

Odds are we come out flat and New Orleans crushes us.  Same old Redskins.   If things are truly different, then we must win.

This 1/2 game lead in the NFC East must be for more than 1 week.

The opportunity seems to be there and if Jay can't seize it; send his sorry ass to Las Vegas.

Giants starting to look like a sweep again.  Hey, y'all, we haven't played a division game yet, jus a reminder 

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

There is no body we play outside of the eagles that can stop our run game and outside of Kamara, i dont think there is a RB that we can matchup with

Underestimating entire division's run D

2 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

It's less the total than the disparity between Points scored vs. points allowed, that impresses.

I think ive figured out what PF and PA means....but if my calculations are correct, yes...impressive 

Jinx thread?  ?  I recall the Smoot, we are the beasts of the NFC East after the hot start under Zorn like it was yesterday.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Winning the Saints game and being 3-1 then I'll be open to talking more about how winnable the next couple games will be.

Yeah me, too.  The Saints game is huge.  Losing to them would be same old same old - Saints are a good team don't get me wrong but the win one lose one thing is getting old -- its also getting old to be on a high from a big win and then let down the next week.  A win on Sunday and I'll start really getting hyped.  At 2-1 I am not hyped yet, weren't we 2-1 last year, too?

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jinx thread?  ?  I recall the Smoot, we are the beasts of the NFC East after the hot start under Zorn like it was yesterday.

Yeah me, too.  The Saints game is huge.  Losing to them would be same old same old - Saints are a good team don't get me wrong but the win one lose one thing is getting old -- its also getting old to be on a high from a big win and then let down the next week.  A win on Sunday and I'll start really getting hyped.  At 2-1 I am not hyped yet, weren't we 2-1 last year, too?

Zorn was 6-2 at one point going into the Steelers game before it all fell apart.  This isn't a must win game, its a statement game.  We go down there and take them to the limit, ok, we might win that game in Washington.  If Saints defense back to form and they get Ingram back, i wouldn't be shocked by a loss.  I will have my ears perked for possible not showing up game, which like you, im sick of never knowing when that's right around the corner.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Zorn was 6-2 at one point going into the Steelers game before it all fell apart.  This isn't a must win game, its a statement game.  We go down there and take them to the limit, ok, we might win that game in Washington.  If Saints defense back to form and they get Ingram back, i wouldn't be shocked by a loss.  I will have my ears perked for possible not showing up game, which like you, im sick of never knowing when that's right around the corner.

Yeah on my end I am relatively optimistic at the moment.  But not to the degree where I am crowing about 2-1.   2016-2017 we had our moments in the sun where we looked like a playoff team and then things went awry.  Having good moments within a season isn't a new feeling -- ditto thinking the good feelings will just keep going.  But I've not seen consistency yet from this team in the last few years.  Even 2015 was an up and down year, they won the division but it took a later run to go 9-7.   I am not saying they don't have it in them to do it this time and show some consistency but got to see it before I believe it.

Yeah no doubt the Saints are a good team and can beat the Redskins and arguably should.  But that's part of the reason why it would be such a big win.  2 in a row against two really good teams?  That's something really rare for this team so it would get my attention in a good way if it goes down. 

It will take 30+ points, a heck of a running game, and inspired defense to win on New Orleans.  Payton has come to grips that his defense sucks ass.  They fake punted or something I’m the first quarter from deep in their own end.

He knows they’re just going to have to out-score everybody.

This means the Skins have to ready for everything.  

If they win this one, I could start looking for where Tony parked the bandwagon...

Archived