Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Colts at Redskins

TK

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I think he deserves a shot before we put him in the boiler room and take his stapler.

Maybe, but I'm sick of giving people the benefit of the doubt instead of going for gold. We've done it with Gruden, Haslett, Danny Smith. It has yet to pay off for our coaches or front office.

1 hour ago, #BgMase76# said:

We knew what Luavao was. Couldn't believe we couldn't find someone to upgrade over him. Moses is starting to look like trash. He was a solid player above average. Gotta give the rookie C a chance those two are unacceptable.

Fam Moses has been pretty great up until this game. He’s not the issue. Smith just has no pocket presence.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

All the more reason to build a new one, to make it smaller

Prepare for 15$ beers and 13$ hot dogs to make up for the lack of seats. I don't think a new stadium fixes the attendance problems they're having. People are just tired of wasting their sundays on a subpar experience at best. A new stadium only gives our worlds finest owner an excuse to jack up prices more to watch sub par teams.

3 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Also I think Snyder should get slight benefit of the doubt on the next regime. He did show he has the capability to stick with them for a while now.

Snyder is the single most significant problem with this franchise. He deserves no credit, no “benefit of the doubt”, and no consideration. JKC built this franchise into a contender. Snyder swooped in and turned them into a bottom feeding joke.

8 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Prepare for 15$ beers and 13$ hot dogs to make up for the lack of seats. I don't think a new stadium fixes the attendance problems they're having. People are just tired of wasting their sundays on a subpar experience at best. A new stadium only gives our worlds finest owner an excuse to jack up prices more to watch sub par teams.

Disagree, FedEx would fill up if we were a consistent winner.  And I don't buy food in there anymore anyway.  Putting a 100k seat stadium on top of RFK is bad idea.

The Alabama Wall was full of holes today.  We put very little pressure on Luck.  Our secondary looked lost, except for DJ.  The O-Line is only slightly more effective than a chalk line on the grass at slowing pass rushers down.  Our receivers can't catch a cold in the rain.  In Antarctica.  In winter.  Reed is looking more and more like a bust.

I'm ready for hockey season.

2 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Fam Moses has been pretty great up until this game. He’s not the issue. Smith just has no pocket presence.

He has, that's why I'm so disappointed in his performance today. I felt he was way underrated. But you couldn't tell by today's game. Schereiff looked weak as well. Heck, the OL looked soft today. Colts feasted on the right side of the OL running stunts. They were getting handled by Sheard and a rookie. Peterson is clearly diminished but behind our solid OL he's fine. At least that was my thinking last week.

I can't really comment on Smith's pocket presence after watching the OL get handled. That DL was in his lap at the snap of the ball. They didn't open any holes upfront. They made the game one dimensional. I thought Gruden should've schemed up something to get Crowder over the middle or Reed a mismatch. I blame Gruden. Poor prep, play calling, any no adjustments IMHO

8 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Fine. Whoever is responsible is culpable. 

Coach goes too.

Start from scratch. 

We really need to be specific when we say "from scratch".  Have to keep in mind our oline and dline coach are two of the beast in the nfl.  If we don't make the playoffs I already want us to get rid if Bruce.  How we miss the playoffs determines if I give up on Jay.  We've gone from turning it around winning his first opener to wanting him gone again.  5 years either he gets it or he don't, well know by time its all over

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We really need to be specific when we say "from scratch".  Have to keep in mind our oline and dline coach are two of the beast in the nfl.  If we don't make the playoffs I already want us to get rid if Bruce.  How we miss the playoffs determines if I give up on Jay.  We've gone from turning it around winning his first opener to wanting him gone again.  5 years either he gets it or he don't, well know by time its all over

Unfortunately, if you want to get rid of Jay, the rest of the coaching staff is likely to leave. 

No new coach will want to keep the old staff. It usually means a clean house, a package deal. 

10 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Fine. Whoever is responsible is culpable. 

Coach goes too.

Start from scratch. 

It’s very apparent how mediocre we are when you watch teams like the packers, Minny, Pats & Jags play among others.

we were out classed by the Colts.  The colts.   At home.  We are such a 7-9 type of team.  

We will never get the kind of personal,guy we need until we hire him first, not a coach.  They need to be hired and if they want to interview any of our current staff or just keep them it’s their choice.  It’s their team to build as they see fit.  Any other way and we just end up with lacky or personally flawed people. The good ones won’t even bother. Hell seems no one with any real rep is much interested in the job anyway. 

4 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Unfortunately, if you want to get rid of Jay, the rest of the coaching staff is likely to leave. 

No new coach will want to keep the old staff. It usually means a clean house, a package deal. 

Tell that to Duce Staley in Philly.  Whoever comes in better have a better idea for those two coaches, like, they better be better to justify that.

Archived