Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Colts at Redskins

TK

11 minutes ago, carex said:

the Cards had 68 yards rushing

Garcon had a big game, 6 for 116 but one of those was a 70 yard TD.  Jackson had 4 for 51 and a td.  Good games, not huge

Jackson had 4 for 129, with a 75 yard TD.  Either one of those guys individually out performed our #1 & 2 WRs combined this week.   

45 minutes ago, carex said:

Garcon had a big game, 6 for 116 but one of those was a 70 yard TD.  Jackson had 4 for 51 and a td.  Good games, not huge

When I see this line of thinking, I don't even know what to tell you. Back then, our starting 2 WR's go for 10 catches, 165 yards and 2 TD's.

Our starting WR's this year have not come close to that in 2 games.

And that's not even considering that Garcon is tough as nails, is a great 3rd down clutch receiver and added a toughness we don't have in that group anymore

Or that DJax blows the lid off the defenses, and makes opposing DC, adjust everything. Because unlike Richardson, he will destroy you if you don't.

Both those guys are head and shoulders above Doctson and Richardson.

And to be blunt, Cousins would take chances and push the ball downfield. Smith is not going to take many chances.

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Not going for popularity points, but we need to go after J. Gordon and or Dez Bryant. If it doesn't workout, then it just doesn't. I feel the same way about our WRs this year as I did about our running game with Kelley as the starter last season.  **** aint gonna work. It's early in the season, let's take a shot. 

I could see us making a serious run at Josh Gordon.  Doctson has been a flat out bust (thanks Maccloughan) and we reallt need an electric WR to get the passing game going.  Paul Richardson has not shown he can do it.

Finally watched the game.

ill offer more analysis tomorrow, but my basic thought is I have no idea what our plan was on offense, and defense player well for 3/4 of the game.  

A few big gaffs probably sunk dunk the boat.  The Reed fumble at the end really was the nail in the coffin.

Gruden is awful at mixing run and pass as a play caller.  

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

ill offer more analysis tomorrow, but my basic thought is I have no idea what our plan was on offense, and defense player well for 3/4 of the game.  

A few big gaffs probably sunk dunk the boat.  The Reed fumble at the end really was the nail in the coffin.

You are incredibly brave, bless you. 

Until Alex Smith is willing to throw the risky routes and go down field, this is what we’re going to see. The colts devised a way to play us that worked. You’d better believe every other team we see is going to use the same formula until we break it. Football in the modern nfl is about flexibility and versitility. We’ve not had either for too long.

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I felt that way the entire time I was watching the game, too.  It was so frustrating.  We had plenty of window dressing, pre-snap motion, etc. that never really amounted to much in terms of production.  We didn't utilize Alex Smith's mobility (roll outs, bootlegs, etc.), and I think that really hurt the offense today.

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Nah. The game was over before then. It was over when the Colts scored last. There was no way we were coming back.

2 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I felt that way the entire time I was watching the game, too.  It was so frustrating.  We had plenty of window dressing, pre-snap motion, etc. that never really amounted to much in terms of production.  We didn't utilize Alex Smith's mobility (roll outs, bootlegs, etc.), and I think that really hurt the offense today.

I think it was into the second quarter before we targeted Reed. 

I has had the “benefit” of watching the game already knowing something about it.  So I was looking for certain things.  

And right from the beginning, I had no idea how we were trying to attack the defense.  Seemed completely random like, “CT is good, let’s throw him the ball.  Oh wait! Let’s try Peterson.  Damn, ok now Docts... never mind the...”

Just seemed disjointed from the beginning 

Just now, carex said:

I'll agree with that, but given nothing was working, that might be the reason

Nothing was working because there wasn’t any coherent game plan.

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

Nah. The game was over before then. It was over when the Colts scored last. There was no way we were coming back.

Probably.  But if you score there, it’s one possession, and anything can happen.  

3 hours ago, SkinsFootball said:

The offensive line play was the most disappointing.  No time to throw..penalties and zero running lanes. Weird. I think their play was the biggest reason for our performance today.

I think my favorite part was when Shawn Lauvao was steamrolled by a guy fresh up from the Colts practice squad. 

Every years its talk of Hogs 2.0 or something similar. Talk is all it ever is. Mayhaps finally invest more in the line than Lauvao and Roullier?

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

im goinh to guess everyone will love whichever combo the team chooses if they’re winning consistently :) 

They could go out there in any combination including wearing Super Hero costumes and they wouldn't win consistently. Your entire lifetime of Redskins football is proof. Maybe you jinxed us. It all started in 1993 after all. :chair:

8 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Redskins have the worst WR group in league history.  And folks wonder why Alex Smith always checks down?? LOL

Google Captain Checkdown:

https://www.google.com/search?q=captain+checkdown&num=50&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6i--awcHdAhXzHDQIHRL0BKIQ_AUIDigB&biw=959&bih=485#

The first dozen or more pictures are memes about Alex Smith:

have-no-fear-captaincheckdown-is-here-fa

ScreenShot2014-12-22at82516PM.png

I guess it's going to take a few weeks for reality to set in for most while a handful of Alex fans will never get it. People are already blaming the WR's too. Hilarious. Who did we have last year? How many injuries do we have right now to look this horrendous? How is it possible that the OL (that was considered GREAT by everybody last year before injuries) is totally to blame for the offensive suckage along with the receivers? Thompson and Reed and Crowder are all playing + Richardson. This offense should be BETTER than last years. AP is just the icing on the cake. He looks like a much better RB yet 9 pts vs the pathetic Colts D? :headbang:

@SkinsFTW Dude, did you not watch the game?  Doctson short arms the pass near the sideline.  He’s terrible.  He consistently cannot make plays.  Then you have the ball thrown downfield to Richardson who goes up and not come down with a ball he clearly should have caught. Looks like a bum to me.  I’m all for giving part of the blame to Smith but good god the WR’s were trash.  Maurice ****ing Harris is probably the best WR on the team.

Archived