Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Colts at Redskins

TK

3 minutes ago, carex said:

There are people claiming the first half for us last week was an illusion and this is the real us, maybe the 4th quarter last week for the Colts was an illusion and the other seven quarters are the real them

Maybe this is all an illusion, and the season hasn't started yet. ;)

11 minutes ago, carex said:

they held them to 17 he first three quarters, then gave up 17 in the fourth.

There are people claiming the first half for us last week was an illusion and this is the real us, maybe the 4th quarter last week for the Colts was an illusion and the other seven quarters are the real them

They still gave up 17 over the first 3 quarters, which is 8 more than the skins mustered all day.

I think it’s safe to say they’re somewhere between suck and the 85 bears, and we should have been able to muster more than 9 points at home.  

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Really struggling with if I should even watch that game.  Afraid it is going to be a PTSD inducing blood bath.

Or they come out and play balls to the wall.. 

This is what’s maddening about this team under Gruden: you never know what you’re going to get. They’re massively inconsistent.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Really struggling with if I should even watch that game.  Afraid it is going to be a PTSD inducing blood bath.

Yeah, I have a really bad feeling about it. I had the Colts game as the 3rd easiest we would have all year. Obviously, the Colts might be much better than I expected, but this outing was piss poor. I don't see any way that we even keep it close, unless Rodgers gets knocked out of the game.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, as a redskins fan, you should ALWAYS be happy with an eagles loss, no matter the circumstance :) you of all people should know that #1 rule, being a fan 35 years and all :P 

actually that was my first screenname and for some reason the admin wont allow me to change it  i have been a fan since 71. oh my question "why" was meant to be sarcastic 

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They didn’t own Cincy last week.  They scored 34 points on them...

I wasn't saying that bc I thought the colts are that great. If you go back and watch our week 1 game, our offense was great in the 2nd qtr and pretty unimpressive the other three quarters. Today they were unimpressive the whole game.  So apparently we have one outlier, and seven quarters that show the true state of our offense: unimpressive.  And the sad thing is aside from a few injuries to backups, we are pretty healthy right now.  All our starters were out there before TW got hurt.  Imagine if we lose a key guy or two for an extended period of time. Scary

But not too high, not too low. It's one loss, we have to regroup and get ready for a very good, yet beatable, packers team.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Or they come out and play balls to the wall.. 

This is what’s maddening about this team under Gruden: you never know what you’re going to get. They’re massively inconsistent.

Most teams I would see this as a possibility.  We just got spanked by a dude who hasn't played a down in over a year.  I think A-Rod is going to give it to us minus any lube.

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

Yeah, I have a really bad feeling about it. I had the Colts game as the 3rd easiest we would have all year. Obviously, the Colts might be much better than I expected, but this outing was piss poor. I don't see any way that we even keep it close, unless Rodgers gets knocked out of the game.

I had the same feeling going Into the 2016 Sunday night game and they came out and played as well as you could home for.  

So you never know.

26 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Is our offense that bad or is Darius Leonard that good?  He looked like Khalil Mack jr out there.  For a team that was supposed to be very weak defensively, they absolutely owned us today. 

Honestly, it LOOKED like we are going to read something in the media about some kind of spygate thing. They really seemed to know wtf we were going to do before it happened. 

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Most teams I would see this as a possibility.  We just got spanked by a dude who hasn't played a down in over a year.  I think A-Rod is going to give it to us minus any lube.

It’s possib.  Maybe likely.  

But not a certainty.  

1 minute ago, Sandy Monk said:

Honestly, it LOOKED like we are going to read something in the media about some kind of spygate thing. They really seemed to know wtf we were going to do before it happened. 

I haven’t seen the game yet but Gruden first down play calls the last three years have been the definition of predictable.

So if the play calling was predictable, that wouldn’t be a shock.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I had the same feeling going Into the 2016 Sunday night game and they came out and played as well as you could home for.  

So you never know.

We don't have that team anymore. Defensively I think we're better, and I think we're a better rush team, but we don't really have the horses to run with Rodgers. I didn't think that after the Cards game, and I really don't think it now.

4 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

It was very frustrating. The defense was shooting the gaps right at the snap. They were moving before our guys were moving.  It's like they knew exactly what was coming.  

I know grant knows grudens system well, but with smith and the new plays designed for him, I doubt he was much of a help in game planning.  And Im sure our signals / verbiage aren't the same.  But they definitely had our number today.  

Interesting -- Dallas has really owned us for years now.  Maybe they have Jay's offense down?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/washingtons-offense-falls-flat-in-loss-to-colts-we-had-no-chemistry-at-all/2018/09/16/fb8e4838-b9dd-11e8-bdc0-90f81cc58c5d_story.html?utm_term=.ca32bd1514a1

Thompson looked upset after the game, and struggled to pinpoint what went wrong.

“They just played harder than us,” Thompson said. “We’ve all just got to find a way to be consistent. … I think our offense is way better than what we did today. There’s no way that we should ever finish a game not scoring a touchdown with the offense that we have. It’s just on us as the players to fix it.”

There was a lot of credit given to Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus, who was on the Cowboys’ defensive staff since 2011 before taking his first NFL coordinator job with Indy. He had plenty of insight into what Gruden likes to do, and the scheme was similar to how Dallas has played the Redskins in the past.

Things need to get corrected quickly, as the Redskins will need to score points in the upcoming games on its schedule, with opponents featuring top quarterbacks like Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Cam Newton.

“They prepared better than us, they played better than us,” guard Brandon Scherff said. “They did everything better than us.

“We’re just going to improve and figure out what we did wrong and move on from there. It’s only one game.”

4 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

We don't have that team anymore. Defensively I think we're better, and I think we're a better rush team, but we don't really have the horses to run with Rodgers. I didn't think that after the Cards game, and I really don't think it now.

I agree, unless they can run the bell exceptionally well and play keep away.  It could work.

You’re most likely right, I’m just saying, anything is possible.

7 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I have seen you say a lot of things, so I ask you now, what's changed? What horses have gone from the barn? 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There was a lot of credit given to Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus, who was on the Cowboys’ defensive staff since 2011 before taking his first NFL coordinator job with Indy. He had plenty of insight into what Gruden likes to do, and the scheme was similar to how Dallas has played the Redskins in the past.

Didn't realize their DC was a Dallas guy.  That explains a lot.  I don't think this was a case of their players being better than ours, but their coaches being better / more prepared than ours. Unfortunately for jay, if this is a season where we miss the playoffs and DC's around the league feel the scheme is that easy to shut down, then the gruden era will be over in a few months. 

8 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Crowder and Reed were our second and third leading receivers that game.  DJax had four catches but only 51 yards

1 minute ago, Sandy Monk said:

I have seen you say a lot of things, so I ask you now, what's changed? What horses have gone from the barn? 

Maybe you missed them, then, because I've been harping on our WR corps since the preaseason. I think they are outside of Crowder, terrible. I think Doctson is a bust and that Richardson is a one trick pony that is just ok at it. While I like out depth, I hate our starting outside receivers.

The reverence to 2016 (against GB), when we had DJax and Garcon, we could go into a shootout and expect those 2 to come up big. 2018? No way with Doctson and Richardson.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

The Colts didn't even break 300 yards of total offense, we led in TOP, # of plays, 1st downs, and we were +1 on T/O ratio.

The defense played well enough to win, I guess that leaves some hope if we can somehow spawn some offense.

You know, I do agree with this, if we are really digging for a villain. 

The defense, at many times, looked pathetic. All the more so against what should have been a vulnerable OL. 

The offense, was despicable. Turnovers presented by the D, and they still sucked it up. 

Just now, Morneblade said:

Maybe you missed them, then, because I've been harping on our WR corps since the preaseason. I think they are outside of Crowder, terrible. I think Doctson is a bust and that Richardson is a one trick pony that is just ok at it. While I like out depth, I hate our starting outside receivers.

The reverence to 2016 (against GB), when we had DJax and Garcon, we could go into a shootout and expect those 2 to come up big. 2018? No way with Doctson and Richardson.

Thanks cool. I didn't know you were going back more than a year, is all. Post makes more sense now. ✌️

12 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

1st half was rough, we came out getting gashed on the ground just like last week but they did manage to clean things up a bit.

the Cards had 68 yards rushing

20 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Garcon had a big game, 6 for 116 but one of those was a 70 yard TD.  Jackson had 4 for 51 and a td.  Good games, not huge

Archived