Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Season Injury News

ColonialWBSkinsFan

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

On the bright side, it’s obviously not a “wrecked knee” or anything like that.  I like Guice’s chances to make a full recovery.

Problem is it's the same knee he had trouble with in college.  Ominous if you ask me.  

I do wonder sometimes if this team is cursed.  Someone told me a long time ago the Redskins can't do two good things in a row.  So after a promising off-season and one of the best rosters on paper that we've had in awhile, we get a crushing blow like this one quarter into the preseason. Can't make this stuff up.

Silver lining is another back that would've been cut out of Perine, Bibbs, Marshall, and Kelley can show they belong, and we can make a better decision for 2019 roster.  Even before guice injury, I felt our chances at making a deep run was better in 19 than 18 due to brutal schedule and so much youth. Guice should be fully healthy for season opener next year. 

But still, it's a real punch to the gut.  

Yep sounds about right with this team.

1. It’s just preseason

2. Its’s too early

3. Let’s not jump to conclusions

4. He’ll be fine, he walked off

5. He’s good because he self-diagnosed

They better think about drafting a new RB next year. Can’t rely on an injured RB coming back, not with this staff.

The size of training centre has zero impact on who tears an ACL and who doesn't. Which is not to say we don't need to invest more in medical staff and facilities for both prevention and treatment.

This is gutting news. Real shame for the player more than anything.

Just now, MartinC said:

The size of training centre has zero impact on who tears an ACL and who doesn't. Which is not to say we don't need to invest more in medical staff and facilities for both prevention and treatment.

This is gutting news. Real shame for the player more than anything.

But it does give you an idea of the resources the team puts into player care.  Who's to say a better stretching and prepping regimen couldn't have mitigated our season leading injury position over the last few years.  We have enough trouble just keeping MRSA out of Redskins Park much less being on the cutting edge of player care.  

4 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

But it does give you an idea of the resources the team puts into player care.  Who's to say a better stretching and prepping regimen couldn't have mitigated our season leading injury position over the last few years.  We have enough trouble just keeping MRSA out of Redskins Park much less being on the cutting edge of player care.  

Totally agree about the resources point. But I don’t care how much you spend on medical facilities or programs - freak injuries like this will still happen.

I don't think any of us are educated enough to diagnose the problem with the Redskins revolving door to the MRI room.  So I'm not about to say that a better facility or training staff would equate to Guice not tearing his ACL or whatever.

But it's certainly not a good look when your facility looks like it does and your team is as injured as this one.

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

What about the infamous Danny curse that some fans bring up every year?

Its either a curse or just the reality of his ****ty ownership refusing to invest in things to make the team a winner.  Either way **** him.

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't think any of us are educated enough to diagnose the problem with the Redskins revolving door to the MRI room.  So I'm not about to say that a better facility or training staff would equate to Guice not tearing his ACL or whatever.

But it's certainly not a good look when your facility looks like it does and your team is as injured as this one.

I don't believe there was anything the Redskins could do about this particular injury.  Torn acls will happen, and usually there is nothing that could be done to prevent them.  Same thing with getting rolled up on like happened to ioannides.  Freak thing.  I'm talking holistically, when looking at all the redskins injuries in recent years, that there has to be some measures that can be done to prevent some of them.  

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm talking holistically, when looking at all the redskins injuries in recent years, that there has to be some measures that can be done to prevent some of them.  

Of course it's NFL football, there will be injuries. But the other 31 teams play too.  We are consistently at the top of players minutes lost to injury.  Don't know how you can point to anything other than training and facilities.  

Archived