Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I wish they would STOP talking about Cousins, and stick to the point of the thread, which is supposed to be about training camp.

Take the Cousins talk to the 'Around the NFL' board, where it belongs.

or at least stick it in the Alex Smith thread. There, head to head comparisons and projection might make sense. A slight diversion here or there is okay as we're still figuring out what we got in comparison to what we lost, but the hate/love stuff is tiresome.

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

That'd be nice to see, but as we know from last training camp, sick grabs by guys such as Terrelle Pryor don't actually mean anything for regular season success.

Point well taken.

I'm just in offseason mode and need to get my "fix". :)

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Nobody talks about Kirk Cousins more than the folks that are raving about Alex Smith.

Example:

Alex does this great, Kirk didn't/doesn't/wouldn't/can't.

Like every single freaking day. 

This.

For my part, I'm out of it in this thread so it's not hijacked. I'm really tired of it anyway.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Nobody talks about Kirk Cousins more than the folks that are raving about Alex Smith.

Example:

Its the media BFS, look at all the training camp articles being written, tons of stuff about what Alex does better than Kirk or vice versa, they're gonna push that narrative because it gets clicks.

6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

This isn't good, bad toes don't get better and I cant imagine trying to get leverage against 300 lb men with a bad toe.

Injuries are never good, but fortunately, toes aren't as important to DL as they are to say a WR, a RB, or a DB.

I read a tweet earlier in the thread that said it didn't seem the toe issue was bothering Ioannidis, as he was practicing normally.

13 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

This isn't good, bad toes don't get better and I cant imagine trying to get leverage against 300 lb men with a bad toe.

He needs to be rested for a little bit. Don't have him continue to practice for a couple of weeks so he is ready for Day 1.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Example:

It's funny when I read a comment like this, and then go back and read the last 5-6 pages to see who comments on Cousins lol...let's just say your description isn't exactly air-tight accurate.

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

It's funny when I read a comment like this, and then go back and read the last 5-6 pages to see who comments on Cousins lol...let's just say your description isn't exactly air-tight accurate.

Look on twitter and this site and see who more often than not prompts the Cousins discussion.  Not just the last few days, for months.  

I’ve seen numerous people say they want to move on from Cousins discussion only to continue it.

Let’s move on from the Cousins talk but before we do (insert more negative Cousins material).

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I understand why we're talking about Kirk, but this Kirk-love vs. Kirk-hate thing irks me. Some of you have invested way too much energy into this and are seeing boogeymen where there aren't or are forcing the issue so that a compliment in Alex's favor must be viewed as an insult towards Kirk.

With all due respect, you're working too hard. Stop tilting at windmills. He's gone and he's not coming back.

And I never hated him, lol....Just pointing out why I think Alex may have an edge over him, even though stats are so damn close overall. I just don't get it either, I can't hope and root for Alex, without that stating I am an anti-kirker, lol.. whatever the **** that is. I have stated, I think the change could be good for both of them. Minny is a really good team and maybe Kirk needs that, that said, I won't be rooting for him after his remarks a few weeks ago, the whoa is me deal. But I certainly won't be wishing him ill will or be pissed if He plays well. 

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Look on twitter and this site and see who more often than not prompts the Cousins discussion.  Not just the last few days, for months.  

I’ve seen numerous people say they want to move on from Cousins discussion only to continue it.

Let’s move on from the Cousins talk but before we do (insert more negative Cousins material).

I don't think there is any way to fully move on and just not talk about the guy. He is a good QB, probably was the best QB We had for quite some time, that said I am glad the Skins didn't break the bank on him. Glad to have Alex, sad to lose Fuller, still how I feel. 

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I understand why we're talking about Kirk, but this Kirk-love vs. Kirk-hate thing irks me. Some of you have invested way too much energy into this and are seeing boogeymen where there aren't or are forcing the issue so that a compliment in Alex's favor must be viewed as an insult towards Kirk.

With all due respect, you're working too hard. Stop tilting at windmills. He's gone and he's not coming back.

To quote the Grateful Dead: 

"Like a steam locomotive rollin' down the track, he's gone, he's gone and nothin's gonna bring him back, he's gone..."

22 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This looks safe to me, so I disagree. 

20151226211337.0.0.jpg

In some ways, epitomizes Kirk for me.  Too cerebral and panicked in high pressure situations.  I won't miss the dear-in-the-headlights look we saw too often in big games.  that's all I will say on the matter.  I wish him well though.  Good guy.

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Reportedly, he's making circus catches on a daily basis, so take your pick.

Yeah a bunch of camp hype on Harris, guessing he makes the roster.  But who many receivers are they going to keep?  Wasn't it 5 last time?

Crowder, Richardson, Doctson.

Then Quinn, Davis, Quick, Harris vying for the last 2 spots?

56 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Actually Gruden indicated he may keep up to 7

7 seems like a mistake to me. 6 would be a good happy medium.

Doc

Prich

Clam Crowder

Mo Harris

Daivs

Quinn

I could see quick making it, but ultimately I think they decide to go young.

Archived