Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

thesubmittedone

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

just looked it up they had 6 receivers last time.  If so guessing Davis and Quinn are the odd men out. 

Doctson, Richardson, Crowder, Harris, Quick.... who''s the sixth guy you think the Skins will keep?  None of the UDFA are blowing anyone away that I've heard

I wish the Skins had room to keep seven, but I can't see a way.

9 minutes ago, carex said:

Doctson, Richardson, Crowder, Harris, Quick.... who''s the sixth guy you think the Skins will keep?  None of the UDFA are blowing anyone away that I've heard

Quinn I presume 

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Look on twitter and this site and see who more often than not prompts the Cousins discussion.  Not just the last few days, for months.  

I’ve seen numerous people say they want to move on from Cousins discussion only to continue it.

Let’s move on from the Cousins talk but before we do (insert more negative Cousins material).

Ah, you're also counting twitter lol...nevermind, then. Twitter is a ****ing insane asylum.

Anyway, if it helps, just remember that a few years ago when we got a new starting QB, nobody talked more about RG3 than the folks who were raving about Kirk Cousins. It's a circle-of-life thing lol...Cousins has now taken his part in it.

Let's not rush things too much. The 4 preseason games are likely to change up the WR chart :)

This is a quote from Gruden from yesterday on the subject, and where I got the possibility of 7 receivers

"So, love Maurice Harris, you know he’s got Josh Doctson, obviously Paul Richardson, Jamison Crowder, you know we got Rob Davis is doing some good things, got Trey Quinn is doing some good things, Brian Quick, you know now we have Cam [Sims], Cam is doing a good job at wide receiver from Alabama, he’s doing a good job, you know we have Shay [Fields], we have a pretty good group of wide receivers here that’s a log jam for that fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh spot "

1 hour ago, carex said:

August will of course decide much of it, yet right now, I'm thinking:

Doctson

Richardson

Crowder

Harris

Quinn

R Davis

with Cobbs headed to the PS. 

13 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Anything on Simmie Cobbs or is he just PS guy at this point?

There was a brief clip a day or two ago where he was showing off impressive RZ ability. I have not really heard much of him otherwise. 

5 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

He needs to be rested for a little bit. Don't have him continue to practice for a couple of weeks so he is ready for Day 1.

If only it were that easy. 

We could just rest everybody so their ready for day one. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah a bunch of camp hype on Harris, guessing he makes the roster.  But who many receivers are they going to keep?  Wasn't it 5 last time?

Crowder, Richardson, Doctson.

Then Quinn, Davis, Quick, Harris vying for the last 2 spots?

Yeah, not sure they don't go with six to be honest/ Just a precarious situation and I think ST's plays a big part. 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Let's not rush things too much. The 4 preseason games are likely to change up the WR chart :)

This is a quote from Gruden from yesterday on the subject, and where I got the possibility of 7 receivers

"So, love Maurice Harris, you know he’s got Josh Doctson, obviously Paul Richardson, Jamison Crowder, you know we got Rob Davis is doing some good things, got Trey Quinn is doing some good things, Brian Quick, you know now we have Cam [Sims], Cam is doing a good job at wide receiver from Alabama, he’s doing a good job, you know we have Shay [Fields], we have a pretty good group of wide receivers here that’s a log jam for that fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh spot "

Wow. 

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Not true, insane asylums have boundaries

Thought that was walls and fences? lol 

Twitter often times reminds me of the old boards, you can find really great info followed up with off the wall, needs to be locked up pretzel logic. 

23 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Rep your frat Zeek.....Que DAWWWWWGS!!!! ROOF ROOF ROOF!!!!

I tried to enter this into Google Translate, but it didn't help me. Could someone else with a knowledge of the language please translate?

I'm not missing those joint practices with the Jets. It's really fun watching the teams get incrementally more agitated with each other over a few days, with guys on both sides fighting for the roster, and maybe getting some clues into what's to come. Follow that up with immediately watching the preseason home opener on TV. I scheduled a vacation around it.

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I tried to enter this into Google Translate, but it didn't help me. Could someone else with a knowledge of the language please translate?

I typed in a language to where guys who sit down when they pee could not understand it. 

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Represent your acquaintances from the fraternity Ezekiel Elliott...ques the sounds of dogs barking...??

The dance he is doing is the signature dance from his frat. He's most likely a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. "Que Dog" is a mythical term used to identify pledges while on line during the final stage of the pledge process. Atomic Dog (the song he is dancing to) is the fraternity theme song that they do that dance to. They are Que Dogs, so they bark like dogs. Wasn't referring to Ezekiel Elliott, I was referring to Isaiah Williams (the guy in the video dancing). I called him Zeek, because a lot of dudes with the name Isaiah are often nicknamed Zeek (Isaiah Thomas was often called Zeek by commentators calling his basketball games). 

I didn’t mean to flare up the smith debate, was just thinking it was a nice place to drop in and say hi replying to some other posts.   As more of a CFB/Utes fan, I’ve kept an eye on Smith over the years, talk about a roller coaster, haha! Just figured I’d throw in my 2 cents.

As far as the yac’s go, those stats I referenced are obviously relating to all levels of the field. Smith has historically done a lot better with short and intermediate, the deep ball developed really only in the last 3 years or so? 

What I was referencing regarding the bootleg kick outs and such is this..  those albeit short, are extremely reliant on ball placement for success.  Hit the mark (6”x6” window), and your chess piece uses all it’s juice to explode into the secondary, miss by a foot and you get 4-5 yards perhaps if dude makes a move or the scheme rocked, miss by more than that and your guy loses his teeth, right?  All I was saying is that ball placement is kind of Smith’s “game” (for better or worse) and it’s largely why he has won so many games in last 5 years etc etc.. I haven’t seen much footage of Kirk and it was wrong of me to associate the two when I only know of one of them.  

anywho...  I’m drinking things up and trying to learn the team better but struggling a bit to find sources for the juicy morsels, can anyone pm me some sites?  I really enjoy the insider beat writer type tidbits.  No need for further Alex discussion here on account of me, but if you wan’t to reply to those thoughts feel free to copy and paste in the Alex thread & I’ll try to respond.

14 hours ago, skins4eva said:

In some ways, epitomizes Kirk for me.  Too cerebral and panicked in high pressure situations.  I won't miss the dear-in-the-headlights look we saw too often in big games.  that's all I will say on the matter.  I wish him well though.  Good guy.

It's so strange to me though...he definitely had games where there was none of that. I don't know if he was able to convince himself to just play or what. That Green Bay SNF game was incredible. That TB comeback was as well (even the first half - he didn't play well but didn't look scared or nervous). 

Oh well. 

9 hours ago, NickyJ said:

9 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Rep your frat Zeek.....Que DAWWWWWGS!!!! ROOF ROOF ROOF!!!!

Am I the only one that read this and didn't ever question what it said? 

17 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Nobody talks about Kirk Cousins more than the folks that are raving about Alex Smith.

Example:

Alex does this great, Kirk didn't/doesn't/wouldn't/can't.

Like every single freaking day. 

You'd find my political stance unsettling as well then. Both can be good, both can be bad, both are comparable, they are NFL QB's. 

17 hours ago, Morneblade said:

This.

For my part, I'm out of it in this thread so it's not hijacked. I'm really tired of it anyway.

It's a Dead Horse. But please in future, If you want to address my comments don't do it in another's post. Or if you really don't choose to interact with me, just block me and leave my comments be, thanks in advance. Oh and consider the horse dead doesn't mean you don't talk about the days of his life. 

On 8/1/2018 at 2:17 PM, Burgold said:

I dunno. Look at Pryor. The coaches refused to bench him until injuries forced him out of the line up. Sometimes, coaches get locked in. People keep starting because they are there and it takes Heaven and Earth to get them to make a change. 

Agreed. Look at Spencer Long and Kory Lichtensteiger. In both cases they were outperformed by their replacements.

With Gruden being a QB this may be related - having consistency at C and WR was probably a real comfort for Jay during his playing days and it might be carrying over to his coaching.

Archived