Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the most talented yet misused defensive front we've had in years?

Vanguard

Long list of needs this off-season.

Qb, cb (assuming Norman is gone) og, ot, wr, edge.

Problem is we need above average guys at all those positions.

I'd like a cb high, and a edge as well. 

Maybe we can get lucky with a decent guard in round 3, wr as well. 

We need a qb who's got the arm strength and gunslinger mentality but needs polish and seasoning.. maybe round 4. Hell even someone like Dak Prescott.

Hopefully I'll be struck by lightning for saying this, but I think a guy like him could be better in this offense than he is in Dallas's as far as being a passer. A rookie similar to him would never be a Drew Brees, but he could win games.

I guess watching Smith for 10 weeks makes everyone look like an attractive option at QB.

2 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Damn! He looks pretty nasty on that rush. 

I'd like to see what he looks like with more snaps.

One of the things that has always befuddled me about pass rushers is some who are considered "speed" rushers are actually slow as for timing them in the 40, etc.  But guys like Galette and maybe this guy can have a quick first step and get low.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One of the things that has always befuddled me about pass rushers is some who are considered "speed" rushers are actually slow as for timing them in the 40, etc.  But guys like Galette and maybe this guy can have a quick first step and get low.  

40 times are one of the most overrated metrics in pro football. 

Straight line speed doesn't necessarily mean much during the game.

34 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I get that, just weird when 4.8 40 timed pass rushers are deemed speed rushers -- but like I said I get it, the quick get off and bend is more important than raw speed.  Though some guys like Von Miller has it all including raw speed.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I get that, just weird when 4.8 40 timed pass rushers are deemed speed rushers -- but like I said I get it, the quick get off and bend is more important that raw speed.  Though some guys like Von Miller has it all including raw speed.

I hear you. 

Von Miller is a generational player, though. 

BTW, do you think Bosa is that good? His brother seems like kind of a bust in SD (albeit b/c of recurring injuries).

3 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

I hear you. 

Von Miller is a generational player, though. 

BTW, do you think Bosa is that good? His brother seems like kind of a bust in SD (albeit b/c of recurring injuries).

Bosa was really good last year but yeah hurt this year.  His brother has been a beast in college but also hurt now.  Quick-strong hands (though neither fast) amazing motor and both can stop the run.  If they could stay healthy I'd happily take either one.

I'd love a speed pass rusher on this team.  On the board's mock draft two years ago, I took McKinley who looks like he's going to be a good one. 

This draft has some possibilities of guys who look to have some speed -- Polite, Allen (don't think either will be there at our pick), Ximines, Sweat.   Am starting to become enamored with Winovich from Michigan.  He's not a speed rusher but the dude is just a baller -- in that way he reminds me some of the Bosa brothers.  

There is a lot of hype for DTs in this draft and justifiably so but DE-OLB looks pretty deep, too.

On 11/16/2018 at 3:43 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

That's why I tend to pay much more attention to 10 yard split for DL and Edge guys...shows short area explosion. 

On 11/16/2018 at 3:47 PM, bird_1972 said:

I agree that the 40 yard dash is pretty pointless for some positions but I think it is pretty important for others. For WR it shows how fast they can get up to speed on deeper routes, for CBs and Safeties it shows their ability to keep up with fast WRs as well as recover if they're beaten at first. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's a penalty 

I thought for sure they’d call it.  Probably because it wasn’t a bigger name qb...  

2 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

If the Skins are to go far though they have to improve offensively and fast. I think they can do it.

With the oline injuries, I think there’s a better chance they take a step back instead... but here’s hoping you’re right.   :)

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's a penalty 

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

I thought for sure they’d call it.  Probably because it wasn’t a bigger name qb...  

With the oline injuries, I think there’s a better chance they take a step back instead... but here’s hoping you’re right.   :)

Ironically, there was a Redskins' penalty called on that play, but I believe it was defensive holding.

Sheehan said he heard, Allen, Payne , Anderson all fired up today to exact revenge on Watson from the Championship game.  Per the article below, we should keep loading up on Alabama guys -- winning culture mindset.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-players-and-fans-can-agree-on-this-this-time-build-something-that-lasts/2018/11/16/360b6d7c-e9ce-11e8-bbdb-72fdbf9d4fed_story.html?utm_term=.92ad6c8b483d

In ripping his own fans for booing and making home games tense, Norman was, in essence, asking that the team receive credit for its 6-3 record. That didn’t enter the mind of Anderson, a second-year linebacker from Alabama groomed for the NFL by the never-satisfied Nick Saban. There is no room for premature praise in Anderson’s world. There is no room to measure the crowd reaction and glean any esteem from it. There is only focus and process.

“You don’t want to focus on winning,” Anderson said, just 25 minutes after Washington’s 16-3 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. “You want to focus on dominating. You can win a game 55-50. You didn’t dominate it. So I really focus on dominating, and I feel like if we’re dominating, we control our box. Winning follows. You don’t think about the end result first. I don’t wake up every morning and say, ‘Win this game.’ What is that? First, it’s, ‘What do I got to do to win it?’ I’ve got to practice. I’ve got to watch film. I’ve got to get to the ball. I’ve got to hold guys accountable, and guys have to hold me accountable.

It’s not just about winning. If you’re preaching win, it’s not really going to go anywhere. You could win a game on a Hail Mary and then get blown out the next week. Then, are you happy with that win? You know what I mean? It’s about dominating and building.”

Norman had a legitimate point, but he made some on the team and in the organization cringe. It wasn’t just because, after factoring in all that these fans have been through the past two decades, their patience, loyalty and passion should be considered bulletproof. In expressing his frustration, Norman inadvertently touched another nerve: The franchise’s sad culture of wanting credit before it has done anything to warrant it.

Archived