Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

19 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Meh. If the media gave him the same energy they are giving Kennedy he could scream on truth social all he wanted and no one would care.  If you give an asshole a stage the audience will stare agape.

WUT? 

Nevermind.  I don't wanna know. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The wizard of oz was only the wizard of oz because he had an adequate stage. Take the stage away and he was just another bumble****….

I was gonna say,(and more with @China ) that you can't ignore the idiot. 

He damn near ruined our country once.  I'll do anything I can within the law to make sure he doesn't even come close to getting another chance.  KNOW THAT. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I was gonna say,(and more with @China ) that you can't ignore the idiot. 

He damn near ruined our country once.  I'll do anything I can within the law to make sure he doesn't even come close to getting another chance.  KNOW THAT. 

But you watched. Gave him an audience. A chance to talk about his “ratings”. Feed the beast at your own peril.  

No, ignoring the problem won’t solve anything, but Trump isn’t the problem. He is just a loud speaker that is being amplified every time someone offers him a stage.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

But you watched. Gave him an audience. A chance to talk about his “ratings”. Feed the beast at your own peril.  

No, ignoring the problem won’t solve anything, but Trump isn’t the problem. He is just a loud speaker that is being amplified every time someone offers him a stage.

I did it to play a Bingo game with some folks here.  (I admit, I have no life.)   

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I did it to play a Bingo game with some folks here.  (I admit, I have no life.)   

I’m not trying to make anyone feel bad about playing a bingo game, but I think news networks have a responsibility to exercise judgment about who they allow on the air.

If CNN had any dignity they would not have hosted Trump. He has said just as much hurtful crazy garbage as Alex Jones has, however I think we can agree there would be large amounts of outrage if CNN held a town hall with Jones.

For some reason Trump gets a pass because he is trump and 25 percent of the country finds his brand of racism appealing? Those same 25 percent probably found Jones appealing as well.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I didn't watch any of the town hall as it aired but watched some clips from it just now. It's an absolute embarrassment that CNN agreed to do it.

It was ludicrous, but 100% predictable. No matter how many times he was fact checked, Trump just kept repeating the lies. No matter how many times he was asked a question he didn't like, he would just say something else and never answer. He consistently bullied and talked over her. Again, we knew he would do this. CNN must have known he would do this.

Yet they did it anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

We knew and know Trump is an a-hole. The one thing I learned from it is this, the chowder heads yucking it up when Trump was calling the host "nasty", laughing along with Trump's version of the Carroll story, etc. was embarrassing and pathetic to see. I guess I knew that about them, but didn't expect to see such a public display of it with cameras rolling. It's a shame what a gregarious idiot like Trump has done to a very solid 30% of the country with about 20% more willing to accept the "R" over the "D." I guess I shouldn't be surprised as this is the group of people that consistently get duped by televangelists over the last 4 or 5 decades.

• Thumb up 1

Trump does his defense attorneys no favors with town hall event

It wouldn’t surprise me if the ratings for Donald Trump’s town hall event on CNN were significant. After all, a variety of audiences were interested in what he might say: Republicans interested in the 2024 race likely wanted to hear his pitch. Democrats interested in the 2024 race were probably looking for attack-ad fodder. Media critics likely tuned in to see how the network handled what appeared to be a misguided idea.

But as my MSNBC colleague Jordan Rubin explained in a smart piece yesterday, it’s a safe bet that a whole lot of prosecutors were also tuned in — and taking notes. This was an event, Jordan said, that “could provide a platform for self-incrimination in his criminal probes and/or open him up to civil liability if he makes defamatory statements.”

It’s an important and underappreciated dimension to what transpired in New Hampshire last night. When you’re the subject of multiple ongoing criminal investigations, defense attorneys tend to agree that it’s best not to talk a whole lot about your alleged misdeeds. If you’re going to do it anyway, it’s also best to exercise great caution and message discipline, so as to avoid making things easier for those preparing to indict you.

And yet, there was the former president, throwing caution to the wind. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Greg Bluestein explained in an overnight report:

Former President Donald Trump said Wednesday he had no regrets about his demand that Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger “find” enough votes to reverse his election defeat, a recorded conversation that is at the center of an ongoing Fulton County criminal probe. Pressed about the call at a CNN town hall by moderator Kaitlan Collins, Trump said Raffensperger “owed me votes because the election was rigged” and repeated false conspiracy theories about his defeat in 2020 by Joe Biden.

Just so we’re all clear, Trump is currently facing a possible criminal indictment in Georgia over alleged election interference. Common sense suggests the Republican should’ve steered clear of anything resembling a confession.

Click on the link for the full article

And check the E. Jean Carroll thread; she is considering suing him again based on his comments last night.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Woman calls rescuers with snake biting her face | Online Version

We never learn. We won't learn til too late. 

Arrest this confessed ****ing criminal.

Quit ****ing around. He ****ing said he did it on national television. Go clap his ass in chains.

I truly do NOT understand why not. 
He ****ing CONFESSED.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Woman calls rescuers with snake biting her face | Online Version

We never learn. We won't learn til too late. 

Arrest this confessed ****ing criminal.

Quit ****ing around. He ****ing said he did it on national television. Go clap his ass in chains.

I truly do NOT understand why not. 
He ****ing CONFESSED.

~Bang

But... won't someone think about the Republicans!?!?!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, China said:

Trump does his defense attorneys no favors with town hall event

It wouldn’t surprise me if the ratings for Donald Trump’s town hall event on CNN were significant. After all, a variety of audiences were interested in what he might say: Republicans interested in the 2024 race likely wanted to hear his pitch. Democrats interested in the 2024 race were probably looking for attack-ad fodder. Media critics likely tuned in to see how the network handled what appeared to be a misguided idea.

But as my MSNBC colleague Jordan Rubin explained in a smart piece yesterday, it’s a safe bet that a whole lot of prosecutors were also tuned in — and taking notes. This was an event, Jordan said, that “could provide a platform for self-incrimination in his criminal probes and/or open him up to civil liability if he makes defamatory statements.”

It’s an important and underappreciated dimension to what transpired in New Hampshire last night. When you’re the subject of multiple ongoing criminal investigations, defense attorneys tend to agree that it’s best not to talk a whole lot about your alleged misdeeds. If you’re going to do it anyway, it’s also best to exercise great caution and message discipline, so as to avoid making things easier for those preparing to indict you.

And yet, there was the former president, throwing caution to the wind. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Greg Bluestein explained in an overnight report:

Just so we’re all clear, Trump is currently facing a possible criminal indictment in Georgia over alleged election interference. Common sense suggests the Republican should’ve steered clear of anything resembling a confession.

Click on the link for the full article

And check the E. Jean Carroll thread; she is considering suing him again based on his comments last night.

Sooo...

giphy.gif

I'd love to think CNN did that in order to make him say more incriminating ****, but I have a feeling that they just wanted ratings and are still trying desperately to appeal to Trump voters for god knows what reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

I'd love to think CNN did that in order to make him say more incriminating ****, but I have a feeling that they just wanted ratings and are still trying desperately to appeal to Trump voters for god knows what reason.

They're trying to help the Dems, by making sure Trump is the nominee.  

1 hour ago, Larry said:

They're trying to help the Dems, by making sure Trump is the nominee.  

Be careful what you wish for.

All Trump needs to win in 24:

Win the states he did in 20 and note some of those states have more EVs after the 20 census. 

Flip 3 states to get to 270. AZ and GA were close margins that he could easily flip and win this time. Then he would just need to flip one Midwest state he lost in 20.

it would be a narrow win but Trump can absolutely win again.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

11 hours ago, mistertim said:

It was ludicrous, but 100% predictable. No matter how many times he was fact checked, Trump just kept repeating the lies.

That’s how propaganda works. 

it’s quite effective. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

t would be a narrow win but Trump can absolutely win again.

Assuming people's opinion of Trump hasn't changed, after four years of President Trump, and four years of Convicted Trump.