Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

17 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Don’t know where else to post this or what exactly it may mean.  How did Pence have the authority?

I don't think ha can. It seems only the President or the SoS with the approval the state governor. So not sure how he can say that - unless he was conveying the presidents instructions? 

• Title 32 Full-Time National Guard Duty. (Federally funded, but command and control remains with the State Governor through his Adjutant General.) Title 32 activation can only be done by the President or SECDEF with the approval and consent of the state Governor.

1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I don't think anyone that high up in the military, would really take that chance even if they were Trump supporters, which I'm sure many are (in the sense that they probably voted for him and support his politics.  But Trump doesn't have enough charisma to inspire personal loyalty to someone of that high level of achievement, so while he may inspire fringe lunatics not someone competent enough to be high up the military, like colonel or above.  So I can't see them risking their career out of some personal loyalty to Trump.  They have everything to lose and very little to gain. 

Also anyone with any intelligence realizes Trump also has a history of basically backstabbing even his close supporters, so even any "gains" in the result of a successful coup, may not be for long.  

There also isn't some type of pressing wedge issue, which might move someone that high up to act out of some do-or-die sense of desperation.   It would just be because they really want Trump to be President.  Can't see that being enough. 

Lastly, anyone who has been in the military for the past 20-30 years has survived eight years of Obama as well as many years of Clinton depending on exactly when they joined.  

General Flynn says - here hold my beer. 

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

He has managed to turn us into a third world country in 4 years. 

If there was a nation who really wanted to send the US into chaos now would be the time for a strategic attack.  We are extremely vulnerable right now.  I am pretty confident that If we had a Pearl Harbor style attack right now the United States as we know it would cease to exist.  

these people storming the capital are a relatively large group. It’s not a one off.  There are going to security issues like this for the next several elections.  We can’t brush this off as freedom of speech or whatever you want to call it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Why aren't the police pushing these idiots back again or arresting them? Why aren't they on the loud speakers telling them the curfew is in effect and they're not obeying orders? 

Because they are not black

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

these people storming the capital are a relatively large group. It’s not a one off.  There are going to security issues like this for the next several elections.  We can’t brush this off as freedom of speech or whatever you want to call it.

Which is why I say I hope they do the damn thing right now. Let the country see who and what they are and mount a response to crush them as domestic terrorists rather than letting things quiet down tonight, everyone breaths a sigh of relief and they go home to make preparations for something big. If this doesn't wake the country up, probably nothing will.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

Where's the tear gas?  I don't see much of that.  It's curfew time.  If this was a BLM protest, you would be seeing smoke. Remember that day when Trump decided to visit that church?

How many of them have been shot in the face or elsewhere with rubber bullets? Did they get buzzed by a helicopter? Anyone get pepper sprayed? The cops are complicit with these people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, The Sisko said:

How many of them have been shot in the face or elsewhere with rubber bullets? Did they get buzzed by a helicopter? Anyone get pepper sprayed? The cops are complicit with these people.

Honestly, time to totally defund the police and start maybe a new police system.  If not defund, at least may be take into account their political views when hiring people.  These people are not neutral.

• Like 1