Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Parenting Thread II - Advice, Tips, Etc

PleaseBlitz

So the down side of having someone watch your two kids so you and the wife can run around town night, is when they return the favor by dropping their four kids off

taking them to a trampoline park

and then s’mores and stuff in fact gotta go chop some 🪵 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The key to ****ing with your children is having support

my 6 year old has decided the only animal he will eat isnchicken

so now we’re photoshopping my buddy with a chicken named Harold that is his brother that ate too much chicken

and we keep trying to get him to eat cow so he’ll turn back but… he’s a chicken and will only eat corn. 

the wife is not happy with it all which means the only option is to drag this out as long as we can. Currently targeting through the fourth. 

On 6/27/2021 at 7:52 PM, tshile said:

The key to ****ing with your children is having support

my 6 year old has decided the only animal he will eat isnchicken

so now we’re photoshopping my buddy with a chicken named Harold that is his brother that ate too much chicken

and we keep trying to get him to eat cow so he’ll turn back but… he’s a chicken and will only eat corn. 

the wife is not happy with it all which means the only option is to drag this out as long as we can. Currently targeting through the fourth. 

So as someone with a 6 year old who only wanted chicken for a long time. We got him to eat shrimp (he loves it) and we do beef hot dogs cause one day he decided he wanted to eat a hot dog. Probably heard about it from friends at school. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2021 at 8:40 PM, Hersh said:

So as someone with a 6 year old who only wanted chicken for a long time. We got him to eat shrimp (he loves it) and we do beef hot dogs cause one day he decided he wanted to eat a hot dog. Probably heard about it from friends at school. 

Or just tell him everything "tastes like chicken". 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mum's surprise birthday guest backfires as children flee party screaming in fear

When it comes to planning children’s birthday parties, it’s not uncommon to hire a performer to keep the little ones entertained.

But while go-to hired talents include magicians and singers, one couple decided to be unconventional with their choice and really give their daughter and her friends something to remember – by hiring Bigfoot.

The parents took to TikTok to reveal they accidentally made their six-year-old daughter scream in terror when the hairy monster arrived at her party wearing a tutu and holding a bunch of balloons.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

As if parents ever get a day off...

NATIONAL PARENTS DAY OFF – September 14

All parents deserve a day off. On September 14th, National Parents Day Off brings an opportunity for parents to recharge and get some much-deserved recognition.

National-Parents-Day-Off-September-14.pn

Parents are the organizers, cheerleaders, teachers, and directors of the family. They wear many hats and rarely have a moment for themselves. Yet, they are dedicated to raising successful, well-adjusted children. Once school starts, parents have a window of time to take a breather. While we know carpools, after-school activities and school projects seem never-ending, taking time for yourself benefits you and the entire family.

National Parents Day Off focuses on recognizing every parent and rewarding them for their commitment to their children, no matter what stage of life they are in.

Click on the link for more

• Thanks 1

Texas day care's message to parents: 'Get off your phone!'

Juliana Farris Mazurkewicz arrived at her daughter's day care in Hockley, Texas, ready to pick her up, when she saw a sign that stopped her in her tracks.

"You are picking up your child! GET OFF YOUR PHONE!!!!" read the sign, which was taped to a window.

Those were the first two lines in the page-long missive aimed at parents who appear too busy in the online world to appreciate their children in the real one.

"We have seen children trying to hand their parents their work they completed and the parent is on the phone," the sign continues. "We have heard a child say 'Mommy, mommy, mommy ...' and the parent is paying more attention to their phone than their own child. It is appalling."

170202110510-daycare-get-off-phone-exlar

Click on the link for the full story

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My daughters teacher insists parents sign every grade she gives, and so I found myself going though a packet of work my daughter brought home today.  While going through it I noticed a page missing from the stapled together packet.  Hard to miss being that the corner of the page was still there, and clearly cut sloppily out with scissors.  I ask my daughter about this painfully obvious situation and she tells me “it must have fallen out”.  

“Go get the page you cut out”

She hesitates

“Lie again and it’s only going to be worse.”  

She fetches the focus of today’s great mystery and its a math test with a 90% written on it.  90%?!  Apparently this child not only thinks that she can beat the system with a pair of scissors, but also that I’m a Tiger Mom.  

Anyway I took her iPad away for lying.  

How have you guys hammered home the honesty message?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Destino My dad promised he'd be less mad if we fessed up then if we lied and had to find out the truth himself on top of it.  He was consistent about it.

More importantly, he didn't lie to us, he told us the truth to our faces whether we liked it or not, and avoided promises he didn't think he could keep.

Pretty much this.

• Like 1