Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Parenting Thread II - Advice, Tips, Etc

PleaseBlitz

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Having 3 kids side effect. 

Amen brother.

Don’t touch the wife (or yourself) for two weeks, let things heal up. Make sure you get your samples checked after 3mo. Then go back and have it checked sometime between 6-9mo, and at a year. Most of the time when things grow back together, it’s within the first year.

Source: me, dad of three, who had vasectomies after #2 and then again after #3. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Sad 4

15 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Amen brother.

Don’t touch the wife (or yourself) for two weeks, let things heal up. Make sure you get your samples checked after 3mo. Then go back and have it checked sometime between 6-9mo, and at a year. Most of the time when things grow back together, it’s within the first year.

Source: me, dad of three, who had vasectomies after #2 and then again after #3. 

Damn, my doc said he was going to check me after 2 weeks and 10 ejaculations... and I feel like if I’m shooting blanks then that’s all she wrote.

32 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Damn, my doc said he was going to check me after 2 weeks and 10 ejaculations... and I feel like if I’m shooting blanks then that’s all she wrote.

Damn man get another doctor. Might have the new guy just redo it for you to be sure. 

In all seriousness though, it’s gonna take way more than two weeks to clear out the pipes. Don’t bother getting checked before 2 months. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

My parenting victory for the week:

You know how silverware always comes with 2 size forks?

image.jpeg.28bc74b6b26057b0294c241f48ae1952.jpeg

I taught my daughter to NEVER bring daddy the worthless little fork. Always the big fork. 

Parenting victory:  teaching your children the difference between various types of forks including a dinner fork, salad fork, seafood fork, and dessert fork (just to name a few - there are more obscure and random ones like pickle forks).

7 hours ago, China said:

Parenting victory:  teaching your children the difference between various types of forks including a dinner fork, salad fork, seafood fork, and dessert fork (just to name a few - there are more obscure and random ones like pickle forks).

True story:  when i was growing up my mom forced me to read Etiquette by Emily Post, in its entirety. 

https://www.amazon.com/Emily-Posts-Etiquette-18th/dp/0061740233/ref=asc_df_0061740233_nodl/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312242453238&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11057664784453108453&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008189&hvtargid=pla-332079172973&psc=1

So Im pretty much a savage, but i know my forks and always send thank you cards when appropriate. 

But seriously, **** that little fork. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 4

OK, so back to raising kids instead of preventing kids...

My wife and I finished up with our 6 year old's Kindergarten last week. We did home school from Calvert. A combination of Kindergarten and 1st grade to get their equivalent of what FCPS would consider Kindergarten. We did school 4 days a week for about 1-1:30 each time. Frankly, I think that we are more happy that he finished than he is. Teaching is HARD. Especially when you're only teaching to one person. You know if that person isn't paying attention or doesn't have interest in the subject. It can be frustrating. Our guy was really, really good for most of it and retained a lot of the information and did well on most of the tests. So we are lucky. He is ready and willing to learn and even outside of "school" he's trying to learn new things.

All that said. We are no teachers. We have a rising Kidergartener as well (so 1st grade and K next school year). We can't feasibly do 2 kids home schooled. We are totally ready for school to start full time next school year. I appreciate you teachers.

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

True story:  when i was growing up my mom forced me to read Etiquette by Emily Post, in its entirety. 

https://www.amazon.com/Emily-Posts-Etiquette-18th/dp/0061740233/ref=asc_df_0061740233_nodl/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312242453238&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11057664784453108453&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008189&hvtargid=pla-332079172973&psc=1

So Im pretty much a savage, but i know my forks and always send thank you cards when appropriate. 

But seriously, **** that little fork. 

We refer to them as "little fork" and "big fork". Big fork is for adults and little fork is for kids. The end.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tshile said:

Yo who the **** decided a tooth was worth 5$

ridiculous 

16 minutes ago, bearrock said:

The hell?  Why is my tooth fairy paying $20 per?

I found that it wasn't the amount, but the novelty.  For my son the tooth fairy either left 2$ bills or 3 nice shiny one dollar coins (they're gold).

• Like 4

17 hours ago, tshile said:

Yo who the **** decided a tooth was worth 5$

ridiculous 

I got a baggie of golden coins and half dollars and it's easy to make it look special. 

But if they're already getting fivers - you may be out of luck! 

• 2 weeks later...