Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

"Scary Terry" is approaching the same lameness as every athlete from Nigeria being nicknamed "The Nigerian Nightmare." (Usman, Christian Okoye and Sam Peter in boxing)

"Turbo Terry" is probably as good as this thing is gonna get, lol. 

Post of the day

Terry Allen honorable mention.

17 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Post of the day

Terry Allen honorable mention.

It's blatantly obvious those that don't like scary terry have never seen or don't like the show rick and morty. Pretty sure anyone who has seen the show gets and loves the nickname. Those that haven't don't understand the reference and therefore hate it...

10 hours ago, moondog said:

It's blatantly obvious those that don't like scary terry have never seen or don't like the show rick and morty. Pretty sure anyone who has seen the show gets and loves the nickname. Those that haven't don't understand the reference and therefore hate it...

I never heard of the show. I have heard of Terry Rozier however who beat him to it. I simply don't like the name because its someone else's, and no one at Whatevers Park calls him that.

This unit was just awful today. Outside of Darius Slay I had no idea who those dudes even were. When they said Crevon Leblanc I thought they were talking about a dish served in the luxury boxes. Someone has to be able to step or McLaurin will be living in brackets all season long. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was looking forward to seeing how/if Harmon, Simms, and McLaurin progress. Harmon's injury probably wasn't that big a setback, but I do think he would have been a good contributor as a big possession guy. I still have hopes that Simms can take another step forward and that McLaurin will prove last year wasn't a fluke, but only the beginning.

52 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I thought we would be lining up our RBs out wide more than we did, or feature them more in the passing game heh

I couldn't help but notice Sprinkle was invisible again one Logan Thomas. I wonder if he will become a QBs best friend.

we seemed to have a bit of a vanilla game plan in place

I think we sign Butler to the PS to help prepare for Arizona

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

So like, what's the point of the Jets hanging on to Jamison Crowder? I can't imagine it'd take much to get him outta there. 

Crowder had seven receptions including a 69 yard TD for 115 yard.  And slot is not really the place we need a guy.  I believe McLauring is basically a split end which means we need a flanker

1 minute ago, carex said:

Crowder had seven receptions including a 69 yard TD for 115 yard.  And slot is not really the place we need a guy.  I believe McLauring is basically a split end which means we need a flanker

McLaurin can line up anywhere and we need a guy everywhere. 

On 9/13/2020 at 9:24 AM, Koolblue13 said:

I like F1, TMC, Turbo, but nobody wants to be called Terry, so lets just let it go.

Bottom line is that McLaurin is basically the key for us to win this year. If he really is legit and has improved, our offense will be good.

What about calling Terry "DeLorean McLaurin."  We could post signs that say 88 mph and then have him burst into fire as he goes "Back in Time" (just kidding but that would be a helluva a commercial; hint hint PR staff).  Heck, the Stadium could even play the Huey Lewis and News' song (great song BTW) everytime he scores a TD or performs some significant impact play. 

Ahhhh... the 80's.

Edited by smithmal
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Looks like a couple of top 20 WRs may be on the block.  I don't think Rivera would want the headache of dealing with Odell, but I'd trade a 2nd for ARob in a nanosecond.

Would they take a 3rd round pick for Beckham? That's as much as I'd give. He's a true headache, but maybe he's been humbled enough.  He might merit a lot of focus from other team's defenses. If he were to come to the WFT, he'd be a number 2 in my mind. Might free up McLaurin and others to make plays.  Glad I'm not making this decision.

Beckham has his issues, but hold on now, he is a much better player than Allen Robinson.  We concede that Beckham hasn't gotten much better since he's been in the NFL, but Robinson hasn't come close to replicating his production from his second season.  He is a one year wonder and that year was five seasons ago.  Give me Beckham any day over Robinson, especially if it's costing about the same to trade for them.

• Like 4

Despite the need at WR,I would stay away from OBJ if I was the WFT.  The on field / sideline primadonna stuff is not what you want when you are building a new culture.  Haskins doesn't need the distraction of OBJ throwing a fit because he does not have enough targets, he also doesn't need a WR who will go on national TV and throw his QB and the rest of the offense under the bus when things are not going well.