Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

8 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

I get it, and half of me is with you.  The other half just knows better.  Anything that maintains the current front office, such as the illusion of we're doing it right, because of an outlier season, is a bad thing.

That's a preconceived notion. If you follow the other threads, you probably know I'm in favor of the current front office and structure. The only way I'd want to change it is if Kyle Smith is thinking of leaving, then I'd promote him to GM, but otherwise what we're doing is working

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

That's a preconceived notion. If you follow the other threads, you probably know I'm in favor of the current front office and structure. The only way I'd want to change it is if Kyle Smith is thinking of leaving, then I'd promote him to GM, but otherwise what we're doing is working

? ok then.

Alex has played pretty good the first quarter and some.  His passes have been a little high and a couple too far out of bounds which have resulted in some incompletions, but he is taking some chances and throwing down field which is what he has really been lacking in.  He did fumble, but, again, was saved by a teammate and would have been safe because of a holding call anyway, but our luck with those fumble recoveries isn't something we can count on.  Davis dropped a beautiful pass, one of the best Alex has thrown as a Redskin to date. Davis has to catch that.  Of course, as I write this, Alex takes a sack.  

Anyway, I have been a big critic of Alex's play, but I try to be fair.  He has been playing better so far.  Let's hope he will continue to do so for the remainder of the second quarter and the second half and help this team get it's first win from behind this season!!!

50 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What happened to Bibbs?

Horrible broken leg.  He is done for the season, possibly for his career.  His fibula snapped in half.  He will need surgery and a long recovery.  Not sure if it is worth it for him this late in his career.

I don't want to encourage Alex to retire, but that may end up being the best thing for both parties, especially us.

5 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Listen I haven't been a fan of Alex Smith. With that being said Colt McCoy isn't the answer. When it comes down to it. Alex Smith will be our QB next year. So maybe lets try to get some more talent around him. 

Think we should get out the Alex contract best we can and draft a QB.  Neither of them are the answer, everybody knows that.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't want to encourage Alex to retire, but that may end up being the best thing for both parties, especially us.

Think we should get out the Alex contract best we can and draft a QB.  Neither of them are the answer, everybody knows that.

How do we get out of that contact? 

That looked like a Tibia or Fibula fracture at worst, Severe high ankle sprain with perhaps break at worst. at least 6-8 weeks to rehab.  Poor Alex.

We love you man.  You're a fighter!  We'll miss you, but now its time for the cult of Colt to Rise again.

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

How do we get out of that contact? 

Stupid 

How about instead of calling it stupid you consider if its possible first.

I'd also recommend encouraging him to retire.  It sounds like season ending ankle, which isn't as bad as leg or knee, but he needs his legs as part of his game, and he's already playing poorly passing (this was best he looked and he's throwing picks today)

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hold up. If he does retire due to injury what happens to the money we owe him? 

I hate that I'm that guy, but I am. 

Archived