Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 ES GMs Mock Draft is complete!

Epochalypse

With pick 230 the Jacksonville Jaguars will take the first player of Delaware this year:

Bilal Shakur Nichols, DT

If my name was GHH and I spend my days in Liverpool this would be the start of an extreme long post, where I tell about his parents (Adova and Dolores Bolton). His High School results: All-State tight end and defensive end at nearby Hodgson Vo-Tech High School • played for head coach Frank Moffett, who played defensive back at Delaware in the 1980s • team captain • first team All-State at tight end and third team at defensive end in 2013 • All-Blue Hen Conference first team tight end and second team defensive end in 2013 and second team linebacker in 2012 • led team to a three-year record of 33-5, three conference titles, and a 2013 Delaware Division II state title • team went 12-2 in 2013 and defeated St. George's Vo-Tech 38-0 at Delaware Stadium for the title • team went 11-2 and was state runner-up in 2012 • caught 13 passes for 326 yards and seven touchdowns as a senior and recorded 57 tackles, including 11 sacks and 26 tackles for loss • honor roll student all four years • two-time Academic All-State selection.

Ofcours I would tell you how to pronounce his name: bu-lahl

A stats block of his career:

Year G/S Tackles (Solo) Sacks/TFL FR/FF Int./PD
2016 10/9 25 (18) 2.0-28/7.5-37 0/1 0/5
2015 11/1 29 (17) 2-10 / 1.5-9 0/2 1/1
2014 12/0 19 (9) 0-0 / 2-6 0/0 0/0
TOTALS 33/10 48 (26) 4-38 / 11-52 0/3 1/6

And ofcourse what I think about his career prospects. That I watched 100 hours of film, this guy caught my eye! Exeptional talent...

But that would be crazy!

I was casual watching the combine stream, he caught my eye. Looked good, wrote his name down for later. Searched him up, sounded good. So this is my pick. I don't watch Delawere...so I trust other experts on this guy who did watch him. 

With the 231st pick of the 2018 ES Mock Draft the Washington Redskins select: ILB Shaun Dion Hamilton, Alabama

Shaun carries the toughness and aggressiveness that Nick Saban requires out of his players. While he is on the smaller side for some he plays big, he is very smart and has all the tools to be successful. He is a solid tackler and is always in the right place to make a play. He can play the run but is not a liability in the passing game. He can cover side to side very well. His two knee injuries will keep some from taking a chance on him. But we see him as certainly worth a chance with a late 7th rd pick. If he can stay healthy he could make his way to be a starter. 

image.png.b15935eb93c106a8f141b8c8f36b5bcc.png

@PokerPacker and GB Packers are on the clock

@jsharrin55 and the Denver Broncos are on deck

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

@PokerPacker and the Cheeseheads are now on the clock! 

@jsharrin55 and the Broncos are on deck. 

@SkinsFanMania ..... Somewhere in the twilight zone. 

Hail. 

We must have hit send the same time.  LOL   

20 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I have a system to grade

Actual draft slot - Drafted here /  # of draft picks you have. 

We take the lowest average to declare winners

As everyone else does, I'm sure you'll be more than welcome to take the draft and work up your numbers based on your formula and post it up for people to look at and consider. 

Everyone seems to enjoy reading the various ways people try and quantify the draft. I imagine another way of viewing it will be well received. 

Alright, with the 232nd pick of the 2018 draft, the Green Bay Packers select

RB Josh Adams, Notre Dame

josh-adams-of-the-notre-dame-fighting-ir

Big, runner with a strong stiff-arm and can spin out of tackles here and there.  Has good strength and can pass-block making him a viable 3-down back.  Not only can he pass-block, but watching the tape, I noticed he frequently acted as a lead blocker for his QB and looked pretty good doing so.  That kind of versatility could be intriguing for a team that has a couple WR's that double as RBs in Randall Cobb and Ty Montgomery allowing them to motion a receiver into the backfield to go from a 4-wide formation to a more power-running formation.

52 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Monk, I was unavailable when you contacted me before the round (hence me sending in a short-list to Epoch for my previous pick as mentioned above).

Offworld I suppose, right? 

Replicants.

I want for you to feel like you can trust me with anything, shortlists, long manifestos ...

Alright, that's a wrap for my draft.  Recap:

1st

14 (14) DB Derwin James - After an injury-ravaged season in the secondary, Packers needed some more DB depth.  To make things worse Randall was traded away and Burnett allowed to walk, and House had yet to re-sign at the start of the draft.  Signing Williams helped take some pressure off, but it was still a position that needed attention.  Derwin James should have the versatility to play CB or S, whichever turns out to be of greater need for his services.

2nd

13 (45) EDGE Lorenzo Carter - I'm going to guess this was my biggest reach of the draft.  After missing out on Mike Hughes and nobody asking about my pick, I went ahead and took an edge rusher with good physical tools to see what happens

31 (63) TE Mike Gesicki - Wanted more TE depth after letting Richard Rodgers walk, and Gesicki's athletic profile puts him in position to become the next big thing at TE.  Let him learn under Jimmy Graham a few years and see what a threat he becomes across the middle.

4th

1 (101) WR Dante Pettis - Cut Nelson (why?) and let Janis walk.  GB always likes to keep a well-stocked WR pantry.

5th

1 (138) CB Nick Nelson - Continue building depth in the secondary.  Might not have been available here if he didn't injure himself in a private workout.  Should be in playing shape by the time the season rolls around, but losing practice time in rookie orientation and training camp will stunt him a bit.

35 (172) DL Poona Ford - Can never have too many fatties.  With Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson already, GB is looking to further build up a fearsome line.  Working with Mike Daniels can help him reach his potential.  He might be my best value pick in the draft.

6th

12 (186) OL Jamil Demby - Stop-gap guard Jahri Evans has not been re-signed, and there are a number of guys coming off injuries from last year.  Can never have too many fatties.  Open competition for starting RG position, I think; should be quite the battle.

7th

1 (219) ELE Kentavius Street - Redshirt season for an athletic freak.  Should be able to stash him on PUP and then probably IR.

14 (232) RB Josh Adams - After Davante Mays started his career with back-to-back fumbles and then an injury, bring in some competition for RB depth.  With all the talent at RB, Ty Montgomery should be able to play more WR and help fill the Jordy-shaped hole.

I feel pretty good about this draft overall.  I think I hit on pretty much all of my needs without too much reaching.

So I updated my list at work and didn't bring it with me.   Smooth,  I know. 

However,  thankfully it's the 7th.  I can't embarrass myself anymore than I already have. 

The Denver Broncos select Jordan Mailata, OT Australia

At this point he is beyond raw, but at 6'8" 345lbs and athletic, he's a guy I expect to be a low pick or high priority udfa.   However,  I want to lock in the opportunity to see what this guy can do with our coaches this off-season. 

The Carolina Panthers with their first 7th round pick #234 select Will Dissly , TE, Washington.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/will-dissly?id=32462018-0002-5601-229c-0df1bc282abe

Overview

Inexperienced but improving, Dissly is a Y-tight end prospect who has the potential to become a much more productive and effective player than where he stands right now. Dissly has decent size and is nothing special as an athlete, but he displays the toughness and talent to become an NFL blocker as a Day 3 selection.

25 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Is that a trojan horse?

LOL too many things at once.

That's my Business Statistics midterm I am working on tonight.

@Morrison J and the Jets are on the clock!

@Skinsinparadise and the Dolphins are on deck!

Actually I have the Jets short list.

With pick #235 of the 2018 ES GMs Mock Draft, the New York Jets select...

DANNY JOHNSON, CB, Southern

@Skinsinparadise and the Dolphins are on the clock!

@bedlamVR and the Lions are on deck!

Archived