Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 ES GMs Mock Draft is complete!

Epochalypse

28 minutes ago, ZRagone said:

Sorry folks. Some significant family issues came up and I haven't sat down to fiddle on the net until now. Sorry for ghosting and no issues with taking what action you needed to keep things rolling. 

Hope everything is OK. Glad to see you back. Family is clearly first. 

1 hour ago, ZRagone said:

Sorry folks. Some significant family issues came up and I haven't sat down to fiddle on the net until now. Sorry for ghosting and no issues with taking what action you needed to keep things rolling. 

Sorry to hear that. I hope things get better for you and the family. We'll see you next year! :)

31 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Great, just read on Rotoworld that my first round pick is considered to be soft and was nixed for failed medicals. Damn it all I knew I should have gone Taven Bryan  instead of Vander Esch!!!

Seems like there is one of these every year. Sucks though.Sorry to hear it. 

3 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

The FB position is a little bit sad. I think it's a very demanding position to your body - basically you are a RB who doesn't carry the ball and takes hits from guy around 300 pounds. 

The job openings are very view, how many teams still have a spot for a FB on their roster? 

You get paid next to nothing. A guy like Roosevelt Nix plays for one and half milion per year. So the commitment is pretty low. 

It's just said. When I started watching football you still had guys like Mike Alstott, Lorenzo Neal...does played a lot of snaps and where pretty damm important. They where stars themselfs. 

Interesting having a vested interest in Dallas the last 4 years for this that they still often stick to a FB being as they are so run heavy. 

I have, I think, the perfect hybrid   H-back/ WR/ FB who’s a very physical blocker and listed everywhere as a WR. Seems the ideal day 3 player but as he’s yet to be picked he’ll have to stay in the shadows. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Great, just read on Rotoworld that my first round pick is considered to be soft and was nixed for failed medicals. Damn it all I knew I should have gone Taven Bryan  instead of Vander Esch!!!

That's the Jay Ajayi syndrom. Blame GHH.

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Interesting having a vested interest in Dallas the last 4 years for this that they still often stick to a FB being as they are so run heavy. 

I have, I think, the perfect hybrid   H-back/ WR/ FB who’s a very physical blocker and listed everywhere as a WR. Seems the ideal day 3 player but as he’s yet to be picked he’ll have to stay in the shadows. 

Hail. 

Considering the success the Redskins had those last years playing guys like Niles Paul at the hybrid TE/FB position, I'm not sure that's a good thing to do.

That's the weirdness of the NFL, coaches and GMs can't afford a roster spot for a FB that would be helpful, but they spend one on a Long Snapper that can't even be a backup center most of the time...

14 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Considering the success the Redskins had those last years playing guys like Niles Paul at the hybrid TE/FB position, I'm not sure that's a good thing to do.

That's the weirdness of the NFL, coaches and GMs can't afford a roster spot for a FB that would be helpful, but they spend one on a Long Snapper that can't even be a backup center most of the time...

Well we did kind of invent the H-Back position back in the day to deal with a troublesome beast within the Division so there is that. 

Hail. 

In reference to speeding up the draft next year:

The time and effort this thing takes from everyone is crazy, especially the commissioner. It's meant to be fun and reality gets in the way sometimes. But, every delay is a delay for all of the people involved. So...

1st skipped pick: confirmation of interest/ability of GM to continue and 2-hour reduction on time for remaining picks OR team to be reassigned to new user, if current GM cannot continue. (no time penalty for new GM)

2nd: Selection forfeited OR lowest rated punter is assigned to that pick (the "Punter Penalty") OR a Disney princess of choice from the commissioner (the "Princess Penalty').

3rd: team reassigned.

Also, I'd recommend a 10-player list from anyone who thinks there's even a chance they might not get their pick in on time.

Just now, tibbidoe said:

^ Agreed. Just thinking of ways to motivate people to communicate better, so this is more fun and less frustrating for everyone.

People may be more inclined to send a wishlist/shortlist to the commissioner if the commish were not an active and drafting GM.

Third-party neutral representative. 

Just a thought. 

Just now, Monk4thaHALL said:

People may be more inclined to send a wishlist/shortlist to the commissioner if the commish were not an active and drafting GM.

Third-party neutral representative. 

Just a thought. 

Staring at this site for hours on end for four and a half weeks is painful enough.

Now you want to take away the fun part?

Archived