Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins have the rustiest rings.

PapaLazarou

58 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It should. When Chip Kelly left in 2015, the Eagles had a decimated and talentless team. A rebuild doesn't have to take twenty years. Five years into Gruden and with a very good QB, the Redskins can barely scratch 8-8. Yes, we had too  many injuries, but it's been twenty years of excuses.

Don't worry, next year will be another excuse, like the tried and true "But we lost so many close games", unless we just get blown out of the water 2013 style, every week.

"Too many injuries" did not stop us from directly pissing away several games we had no excuse losing last year. But we have become conditioned to accept this.

We should expect to be the doormats of the division and pretty much the nfl for the foreseeable future. It becomes even more obvious that nothing will change and these crooks will continue to run this team the same way when half the fan base is slapping high fives over 8-7-1 seasons as a winning record and some sort of accomplishment.

8 hours ago, SprintBomb said:

I hope this one really eats at Snyder

I hope one of those Jurassic Park dinosaurs actually does eat Snyder. 

7 hours ago, Birdlives said:

If Dan Snyder was a true, died in the wool blue Redskins fan, he’d sell the team. He’s failed us for 20 years. We have noting to show for his stewardship.

How soon everyone forgets Osaka. We will always have Osaka. 

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We should expect to be the doormats of the division and pretty much the nfl for the foreseeable future. It becomes even more obvious that nothing will change and these crooks will continue to run this team the same way when half the fan base is slapping high fives over 8-7-1 seasons as a winning record and some sort of accomplishment.

Until we get a real GM I will not be giving him a penny and honestly that stadium should be empty every week until change is made. If you continue to financially support this dumpster fire as they laugh in your face, you're part of the problem.

9 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Gold doesn't rust my friend.

Next season the Eagles will be back to their usual self, probably not making the playoffs.

Darrell Green carrying the Eagles trophy??

I've seen it all...

I don't see the Eagles going "back to their usual self" next season.  They have a very solid/good team and there's a good chance they just get better.  

27 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Until we get a real GM I will not be giving him a penny and honestly that stadium should be empty every week until change is made. If you continue to financially support this dumpster fire as they laugh in your face, you're part of the problem.

This x 100000000

So now, every franchise in the NFC-East has a Super Bowl trophy -- and now the NFC-East focus goes onto the Skins with the longest drought since their last SB appearance.  

Well, perhaps we should be consoled in the fact that the Giants franchise has now descended into somewhat of a rebuild mode -- otherwise the Skins would be the only cellar-dweller in the NFC-East.

But the sad part is that the Giants will probably emerge from their re-build in a year or three.  Whereas the Skins seem to be in perennial rebuild mode over the last two decades.  And it's possible the Skins will still continue with their rebuild -- especially if they can't maintain any long term continuity of coaching and of the important skilled players.

And seriously, this franchise is developing a reputation as the weak sister of the NFC East.  Because the Skins have compiled a record of some of the worst trades, worst FA hires, worst personnel and organizational moves, worst coaching hires, worst Cap mis-management, worst public relations management, and worst examples of going about retaining their own talent.  And with a few exceptions, most of their drafts have been very average or even poor.

This poor track record really points out the failings of the owner and Front office.  And under "Snyder & Co.", the Skins recent 20-year history of mis-steps is now actually starting to out-weigh this once-proud franchise's accomplishments of the 20th century.

So, if the Skins gold rings and trophies could rust -- say if buried under heaps of manure -- perhaps the Skins' prizes might be in jeapordy of doing so.

9 hours ago, SprintBomb said:

Watching the Pats and Eagles go at it like that really opens your eyes to how far away the Redskins are. 

Well, the way these two teams played defense last night, I would say that the Redskins' defense is Super Bowl-ready.  ;)

10 hours ago, Burgold said:

It should. When Chip Kelly left in 2015, the Eagles had a decimated and talentless team. A rebuild doesn't have to take twenty years. Five years into Gruden and with a very good QB, the Redskins can barely scratch 8-8. Yes, we had too  many injuries, but it's been twenty years of excuses.

I've said this for ten years.  Where did people get the idea rebuilds took half a decade in the modern NFL?

But sure, let's keep up with the mediocre coaching, management, etc.

54 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

I always wonder what goes through his head when he watches other teams in the playoffs and Super Bowls. 

"That's a shame. Oh well! Time to go count my money."

[Later that day]

"Oh! Almost forgot to schedule a meeting with Bruce to come up with some other nostalgia drenched con to keep those rubes coming back for more."

11 hours ago, SprintBomb said:

I wonder what Dan and Bruce think when they see other teams winning super bowls. 

Considering how moronic they are I'd bet that they are now reconsidering the Alex Smith trade because (they think) Foles is the guy they really should be trading for.

Not that it was just a dumb trade in the first place when you should have already resigned your own better QB 2 years ago, but look at those stats Foles put up (without considering that the Eagles entire team blows theirs away no matter who the QB is)

This is why they never could get a handle on whether Kirk was a good Qb, they actually believe they've built a quality team like what the Eagles just won the SB with. If this wasn't their belief then how the hell is Allen still running things after almost a decade?

Archived