Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

I actually think that pending and heart related episodes, Martin may very well finish the books.  And pump them up with speaking engagements about how HBO did a nice job, but the true ending is "very different" and you have to buy the books NOW NOW NOW!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

You guys are the reason the Ultimate Warrior was a huge star for a year.

"He looks so cool you just know he's going to do cool stuff...."

Well i think the fact that they opened the show....season 1 episode 1, literally the first 10 mins, with the White Walkers, most people would believe that there is more to their story line.

When its all said and done Walder Frey will go down as the biggest villain in GOT, and he hasn't done a worth of crap since Season 3.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I actually think that pending and heart related episodes, Martin may very well finish the books.  And pump them up with speaking engagements about how HBO did a nice job, but the true ending is "very different" and you have to buy the books NOW NOW NOW!

....and probably demand all Dany cosplay girls sleep with him for the REAL ending.

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

You guys are the reason the Ultimate Warrior was a huge star for a year.

"He looks so cool you just know he's going to do cool stuff...."

Well that and what he did to the Honkey Tonk Man at SummerSlam 88'. 

untitled-21.gif?w=1000

He was fun. Even if only lasted like 3 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Even in the books Rickon had a slim story line. But I wonder if there was more for him, but unlike the rest of the cast he just never improved as an actor. So they killed him off. 

Yeah, I think one of the cliff-hangers of sorts from the books was the rumor that Rickon was seeking refuge with the Umbers and was being kept safe so that he could come back as the heir of Winterfell (everyone still living under assumption that Bran was dead) ... once the Boltons "got theirs."

Whether Rickon has the same destiny in the books is TBD I suppose. Considering all Starks are really alive, Rickon's purpose in general is fairly unimportant. Though I suppose if he had lived in the show, he would probably be given rule of Winterfell over Sansa/Bran/Jon.

In fact, now that I think about it, Rickon likely has to die in the books to in order for Jon to be granted Winterfell. I gotta imagine GRRM was working toward a similar plot point as the show on that one, and it was probably one of the important storylines he gave the show direction on.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

I think the books are written (manuscripts/outlines/galleys/complete). But he had to contractually embargo them until the show ends. I think the books will end differently. Which is a good thing. 

I know that has been said before, but for as much as the Unsullied were built up as the greatest fighting force in the world, they die really easily.

I wonder how they're going to make this Golden Company impressive.  The guy said it was 20,000 men.  Considering the scale of battles in this show, that doesn't seem like a lot, especially when the other side has dragons who can roast lines of them by the hundreds or thousands.  And they don't even have elephants.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I know that has been said before, but for as much as the Unsullied were built up as the greatest fighting force in the world, they die really easily.

I wonder how they're going to make this Golden Company impressive.  The guy said it was 20,000 men.  Considering the scale of battles in this show, that doesn't seem like a lot, especially when the other side has dragons who can roast lines of them by the hundreds or thousands.  And they don't even have elephants.

Can Greyworm still technically be called unsullied??

https://images.app.goo.gl/RP5mDKTAupotRLcd6

6 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I thought this was a great idea for an article.....because WTF was behind the idea of sending the Dothraki out first to die....and why were the catapults basically used once and never seen again:

The entire battle "plan" was so bad that I found it disappointing and even a bit distracting.  People are quick to write it off as the product of young and inexperienced military commanders, but that isn't the case.  The Queen of Dragons had been essentially at war for years by the time her army met the dead.  The Nights watch trained endlessly and specialized in defensive battles.  These were clearly two seasoned military groups, and they had both knowledge of the enemy and time to prepare.  Why then did they organize their armies in such a way it appeared as if the goal was for them to be slaughtered quickly?  Because that is exactly what it was. 

The goal of that episode was to move the plot along.  Its unfortunate that the show couldn't come up with the funds for an additional episode or two for their ultimate enemy and the military forces they'd built up for years. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Yeah, I think one of the cliff-hangers of sorts from the books was the rumor that Rickon was seeking refuge with the Umbers and was being kept safe so that he could come back as the heir of Winterfell (everyone still living under assumption that Bran was dead) ... once the Boltons "got theirs."

Whether Rickon has the same destiny in the books is TBD I suppose. Considering all Starks are really alive, Rickon's purpose in general is fairly unimportant. Though I suppose if he had lived in the show, he would probably be given rule of Winterfell over Sansa/Bran/Jon.

In fact, now that I think about it, Rickon likely has to die in the books to in order for Jon to be granted Winterfell. I gotta imagine GRRM was working toward a similar plot point as the show on that one, and it was probably one of the important storylines he gave the show direction on.

You people are really unbelievable.

Who sits around and thinks, "Man, I really wish this show had more Rickon……"

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

You people are really unbelievable.

Who sits around and thinks, "Man, I really wish this show had more Rickon……"

We better change our ways. You do have an English degree from an Ivy League school. How can our poor peasant brains never ponder why GRRM used a semicolon instead of a comma in that certain passage in Book 3. It practically changed the trajectory of the whole series.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I thought this was a great idea for an article.....because WTF was behind the idea of sending the Dothraki out first to die....and why were the catapults basically used once and never seen again:

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/4/30/18522955/game-of-thrones-season-8-battle-winterfell-military

Counterpoint:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1