Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

33 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I don't know how it's going to end, but I definitely know Jaime is going to kill Cersei. 

Maybe, there is a trend towards the good guys killing the bad guys in recent seasons.  One thing I could not forgive is if the Hound and the Mountain fought, and the Mountain won.  Unless maybe Aryia(sp?) then killed the Mountain.

On March 14, 2019 at 10:50 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well i'm kinda worried because my wife barely blinked during the red wedding. I feel like I could die from a heart attack right next to her and she'd just go chill and paint her nails before my body was cold. 

Man, I can empathize with that.  I rewatched the episodes with my wife after I was  few seasons in.  I was super excited to see her reaction to the red wedding episode.  Then, right when the stabbing began (which blew my mind when I first watched it), she pauses the show and says she wants to go have a smoke.  I was like WTF?  Did you see that girl getting stabbed in the belly?

On a side note, your wording about feeling like you could die of a heart attack while watching the show hits home for me.  The night I watched the Nights Watch episode with Jon Snow... I actually  did have a heart attack.  That is no joke, it was my second heart attack (one the year prior).  My wife swears that she thinks it was because I was so pissed about what happened on the episode.  To tell the truth, I don't remember anything else about that night, or the following several days... But when I woke in the hospital,I did remember watching that.

Now that is the kind of entertainment that I am willing to pay monthly fees to watch.

Edited by Nerm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

In celebration of the final season, I will be less angry when people post book spoilers in this thread. Live and let live.

But don't be smug just because you know how it's going to end.

The show is actually beyond the books now and on it's own storyline so book spoilers are not possible. 

On 3/18/2019 at 9:18 PM, Nerm said:

On a side note, your wording about feeling like you could die of a heart attack while watching the show hits home for me.  The night I watched the Nights Watch episode with Jon Snow... I actually  did have a heart attack.  That is no joke, it was my second heart attack (one the year prior).  My wife swears that she thinks it was because I was so pissed about what happened on the episode.  To tell the truth, I don't remember anything else about that night, or the following several days... But when I woke in the hospital,I did remember watching that

Damn man that’s serious. Glad you are ok. Good luck in season 8. Stay mellow. 

But yeah, our wives are total psychopaths lol

15 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

its.  its own storyline.

It's a pet peeve of mine it is, but its frustration knows no bounds...

:)

I know the difference but usually I just let auto correct take care of that one   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, max21 said:

I haven’t read and fan theories or spoilers so far, I did that for season 7 and ruined it. I read about the ice dragon and everything before the first episode on a “fan” theory, never again. 

Yeah agree. I can’t bring myself to check any new information and stay off all GoT discussions online, except for here. I trust this place not to post spoilers. 

• Like 1

One more sleep before season 8.

I wanted to rewatch the entire series and listen to all the binge mode podcasts, but life (work and new baby) got in the way.  So I watched specific episodes from each season.  

After all of it, here’s what I can’t wait to see:

- How Jamie is received by the starks. Bran doesn’t have to use the Treeternet to remember Jamie pushed him out of a window, and Jamie has been the main general for the Lannister’s. I think Jon might be “we’ll take all comers to fight the knight king” but I doubt Sansa and Arya will be quite so quick to forgive. 

-How frosty is the entire North going to be Jon bent the knee to Danny.  Sansa wasn’t happy to begin with. What about the rest of the bannermen.  This is very similar to Jon partnering up with the Wildlings.  Which got him killed.  Doubt that happens. But it’s happened before...

-How Arya makes it down to Kings Landing to try and kill Cersei. I think this is when Clegain Bowl takes place.

-how Jon and Danny react to both the news they are having aunt/nephew incest sex and also that Jon has a more legitimate claim to the throne.  I think Jon won’t care about the throne but will care he’s boffing his Aunt.  I think Danny won’t care about screwing her nephew, but will care about the claim to the throne.  So that’s going to interesting to see...

-What’s in the crypts if Winterfell?  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Treeternet comes from the binge mode podcast. It’s hysterical.

Have you listened to their pod from today? Some interesting questions. 

I think the one I like the most is: Is Viserion a wight or a white walker? Apparently in the script for the season 7 finale it’s described as a white walker similar to Crasyer’s baby sons. The NK touches its face and brings it to life which he didn’t have to do with the wights at hardhome. 

Why is this important. 

Spoiler

White walkers are sentient. Wights are not. Could Bran warg Viserion if he’s sentient?