Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

8 minutes ago, visionary said:

Can't they just be co-rulers or something...lol

Jon would do it for sure. Dany, I’m not so sure. I don’t think she is that selfless. Jon is a rival to her now and her singular ambition for the entire series. 

I think it will cause some friction whether Jon gives her the keys to the kingdom or not 

Did anybody catch the story in the intro? Previously they told the tale of Robert’s rebellion. Now it tells the story of the series so far. One shows Ned’s beheading or it could be the Red wedding. Looks like the red weeding with a behesded wolf with arrows in it hanging in the twins 

i think the first one dhows Harrrnhall

being burned but I can’t tell 

also the tiles flipping blue showing where the white walkers are. 

Im going to bet this doesn’t end at Winterfell and they will cover More of the map. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Bran needs to man up.

Settle all these beefs and clear up the history.

Preview for episode 2 almost looks like Bran settled episode 1 and they talking about whether to kill Jamie or not.  

Just for clarification, does Cercsi still have an actual army or she renting one now?  Who was she actually supposed to be sending?

Kinda underwhelming for the first episodes, like Bran said “We don’t have time for this” I though we had enough character reunions last season. I won 25 bucks though because I bet against a main character dying, but anyways we all know it’s gunna get Lit. 

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Preview for episode 2 almost looks like Bran settled episode 1 and they talking about whether to kill Jamie or not.  

Just for clarification, does Cercsi still have an actual army or she renting one now?  Who was she actually supposed to be sending?

She still has the Lannister army. Jaime was making plans with them to ride north last season when she nixed it and he left solo

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

So the first episode of GOT ended with Jamie shoving Bran out a window and the first episode of the final season ended with Bran and Jamie meeting again.

And both started with the Royal family riding into Winterfell

• Thanks 1

Just saw this on reddit:

(Updated)

[–]DukeOfTheVines 3522 points an hour ago

I loved all the parallels between this episode and the pilot

The opening shot of the King/Queen arriving with the same music
Arya being a kid watching the King coming vs her letting a kid get a good view of the Queen coming
Jamie arriving at Winterfell taking a Golden Lannister Helmet off showing his blonde hair, clean shaven, and everyone staring at him vs arriving in gray cloaks and taking a hood off to show darker hair and a beard and no one except Bran noticing him
Both episodes ending with Bran and Jamie, except this time Jamie looks scared
Both episodes have amputated limbs from the white walkers spread out in a gory way to send a message
Both episodes have scenes in the Winterfell crypt except instead of visiting Lyanna Stark they are seeing Ned Stark
In the pilot Cersi and Catlyn Stark talk about their kids possibly getting married while looking at them from a distance, while in this episode Varys, Tyrion, and Davos talk about Dany and Jon getting married while looking at them from a distance
The kid from the beginning was climbing on trees to get a good view, similar to Bran climbing the castle to get a good view. From /u/jbongi14 he also looked similar to Bran in the Pilot
in the Pilot all the shots of Winterfell showed the grass but now it’s all snow
From /u/Dawnshroud The reunion of Jon and Arya at the tree is similar to Ned at Catlyn at the tree
From /u/molotov1g ”S1E1's title is "Winter is Coming", S8E1's title is "Winter is Here"”
From /u/enfinnity there was incest between visiting monarchs
From /u/enfinnity the brothel scene with Bron is similar to Tyrion’s first scene
From /u/JaqueStrap69 Also Jon asking Sansa "Where's Arya?" When he arrived, just like Ned asking "Where's Arya?"
From /u/ChavaF1 The current ruler of winterfell saying “Winterfell is yours” to the arriving monarch
From /u/sarahj2010 Also loved the line from Robert Baratheon in the pilot to Ned 'I have a son, you have a daughter, we shall join our houses'. Its gotta be Arya and Gendry.
From /u/SaiyanAintSo Also Sansa being more than wary of Dany, much like Catlyn was of Cersei. She really seemed like her mother in that meet and greet
From /u/Dualstack Also Robert asking Ned to be his hand in the crypts kind of similar to Sam telling Jon he is king in the crypts
HUGE one from /u/Itsgreenarrow Also S1E1 Ned’s farewell to Jon he says “the next time we see each other, We will talk about your mother. I promise.” Then S8E1 while Jon is staring at Neds tomb Sam tell him about his parents

Edited by visionary
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, max21 said:

Kinda underwhelming for the first episodes, like Bran said “We don’t have time for this” I though we had enough character reunions last season. I won 25 bucks though because I bet against a main character dying, but anyways we all know it’s gunna get Lit. 

That’s stealing money. I don’t know why anyone would have taken that bet. 

As for the episode, those reunions matter because they are normal reactions the people would have in the world. To skip over them is unrealistic and a huge disservice to the world building this show has established. These are the most important people in the world meeting in an apocalyptic time for their world. They need time to talk and flesh some of this stuff out 

i thought this epsidoe was a home run 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 6

I thought the episode was pretty good, and there were some awesome reunions and a lot of greats quotes, but I wish it had been longer.  

(I get that they wanted to end it on the Bran/Jaime meeting though, which might force them to hold some stuff back until later)

The one thing that worries me is I had hoped there would be less infighting up North this season, and it seems like there may be more. 

Edited by visionary

11 minutes ago, visionary said:

The one thing that worries me is I had hoped there would be less infighting up North this season, and it seems like there may be more. 

Yeah it sucks for the war but it’s in line with the show and how the north would react. They’ve been thru some **** at the hands of Lannister’s and Targaryens. Can’t blame them for being suspicious. 

It would be insincere and cheesy if everyone just put aside their differences and united together so easily. 

• Thanks 1