Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

1 hour ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

Interesting that Bronn would get sent up to take out Jamie and Tyrion.  Granted, he is a sell-sword, but those are 2 people he has some attachment to.  It's a good excuse to get him up North and in on the Walker fighting, though.

All they have to do is give him the Glovers' castle.  Easy peasy.

So Tormund and them are behind the White walkers, the dead are in between Last Hearth and Winterfell. While Tormund and them are at last Hearth. Hopefully the horses they talked about make it around them to Winterfell, and theirs no way the Knight king and his army don’t make it to Winterfell in the next episode. 

If Gendry and the boys can pound out enough dragon glass arrows, they can go full 300 and let their arrows blot out the sun. Any puncture on a wight or WW would finish them. 

Should be a quick fight, I fully expect the rest of the battle to be the political debate over Dany's tax policy vs Jon's desire to provide healthcare for the 7 kingdoms. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

Interesting that Bronn would get sent up to take out Jamie and Tyrion.  Granted, he is a sell-sword, but those are 2 people he has some attachment to.  It's a good excuse to get him up North and in on the Walker fighting, though.

Yes. It almost as if Cersei set him up with some impossible task as a huge test of loyalty. Almost as if she understood the essential elements of drama.

What the **** is Last Hearth?

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Yes. It almost as if Cersei set him up with some impossible task as a huge test of loyalty. Almost as if she understood the essential elements of drama.

What the **** is Last Hearth?

The Umber lord kid was from Last Hearth, it’s north of Winterfell. He told Dany he needed wagons and horses to go north and retrieve soldiers/his people for the war. He was then met there by the Knight king and his army and proceeded to get nailed to the wall. Then Turmond and them where obviously behind the Knight king and happen to run into Eddison Tollet there. Now they need to race around the knight king to get to Winterfell before they do. 

Yeah I’m a pretty avid thrones fan, I have a stark flag in front of my house right now like a complete loser. I was sorta let down last night since I’ve watched this show since season 1 episode one and I’ve waited long enough for winter, I’m ready to see death and **** go down. But I know that kind of episode is needed for what lies ahead. 

• Like 1

I didn't buy Sam's emotion over his asshole father and brother being killed for not bending the knee. He understands how these things work, you don't bend the knee...you die. Period. Also, his father basically sentenced him to death by sending him to the Night's Watch, with the expectation that he had no hope of surviving there. His brother was basically a mini version of his dad. It just seemed like the writer's wanted us to completely forgot only Dany has been treated worse by her own family, and want us to believe Sam should react like a normal person who had a loving family. 

Other than that, I enjoyed the episode and expected them to do a setup episode before getting into the action. 

I can see Dany not believing Jon is the rightful heir, and she'll use Sam's response to her killing his family as her excuse. Bronn going north to assassinate Tyrion and Jaime is just an excuse to get him into the action. Maybe it's because I like his character, but I don't think he'll go through with it. They've been slowly developing his character where he cares less and less about the riches and titles that he's earned as a sellsword. 

I think Gendry is going to transform her Valerian knife into a valerian staff. Maybe it'll be influential in bringing down the Night King's dragon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I didn't buy Sam's emotion over his asshole father and brother being killed for not bending the knee. He understands how these things work, you don't bend the knee...you die. Period. Also, his father basically sentenced him to death by sending him to the Night's Watch, with the expectation that he had no hope of surviving there. His brother was basically a mini version of his dad. It just seemed like the writer's wanted us to completely forgot only Dany has been treated worse by her own family, and want us to believe Sam should react like a normal person who had a loving family. 

Other than that, I enjoyed the episode and expected them to do a setup episode before getting into the action. 

I can see Dany not believing Jon is the rightful heir, and she'll use Sam's response to her killing his family as her excuse. Bronn going north to assassinate Tyrion and Jaime is just an excuse to get him into the action. Maybe it's because I like his character, but I don't think he'll go through with it. They've been slowly developing his character where he cares less and less about the riches and titles that he's earned as a sellsword. 

I think Gendry is going to transform her Valerian knife into a valerian staff. Maybe it'll be influential in bringing down the Night King's dragon. 

See I bought Sams emotion there, unlike his father Sam isn’t an asshole and had a heart of gold, he wanted nothing more than their respect and somehow still loved them. That would be something if Ayra took down the ice dragon, that was my first thought when she asked Gendry to make her that special weapon. 

• Like 1

Things I totally forgot last night.

1. That Varys was in the show. It made me happy to see him. He amuses me.

2. That 9 year old Arya totally had the hots for Bobbi Gentry (Robert's ****). Now she's 18 (but looks 9) and apparently that's cool with Gentry.

3. That Arya was with the Hound when Tilda Swanton kicked his ass. I remember them being on a road trip but totally forgot how it ended.

4. Sansa and Tyrion being married. When they approached each other, I actually asked myself, "Have they ever met?"

I did remember that Dany melted Sam's family. I was proud of myself for that.

Character I am 100 percent sick of: The gay pirate. How did we reach the end game of this show and have this off the rack Jeffrey Dean Morgan in a pivotal role?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, max21 said:

See I bought Sams emotion there, unlike his father Sam isn’t an asshole and had a heart of gold, he wanted nothing more than their respect and somehow still loved them. 

He’s gonna kill the Mother of Dragons. 

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Also, Poor Dumb Sansa is now the smartest person in the world? How did Arya come up with that one?

No one wants to sit near Bran at lunch. The direction here is "Imagine if the greatest prophet of all time was also a school shooter."

Arya is a master of deception. She didn’t need to believe it to tell Jon that .

I said this last year. I think this show has a serious casting problem right now. The two most important characters are Jon and Khaleesi. And neither of these actors is up to the task. This show now feels like Godfather 1 and 2 if Leif Garrett were cast as Michael. Like I'm starting to dread any scene with either of them.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Okay, there are three dragons albeit one is undead. We now have seen three riders of dragons, Dany, the Night King, and Jon. Only Targaryans can ride dragons. Ergo, the Night King is a Targaryan, albeit an undead one. Who can he be? Not Bran because Bran's a Stark. Aegon I? The Mad King?

32 minutes ago, max21 said:

My god, if that happens I’m not sure what I’ll do. Probably end my own life if she goes out that way 

E verybody else is speculating on everything GoT so I figured I’ll throw stuff out there that is likely wrong as well.

35 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Okay, there are three dragons albeit one is undead. We now have seen three riders of dragons, Dany, the Night King, and Jon. Only Targaryans can ride dragons. Ergo, the Night King is a Targaryan, albeit an undead one. Who can he be? Not Bran because Bran's a Stark. Aegon I? The Mad King?

I think the "only Targaryens can ride dragons" stipulation goes out the window when it has been raised by the Night King. He controls it now. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Well that’s a debate there, supposedly the knight king is a first man who was turned to a WW from the children of the forrest. Everyone wants to speculate on who he is but there is just no way he can be a significant figure. He was one of the first white walkers and after the children of the Forrest defeated him after they betrayed them he retreated to the land of always winter and stayed there for years and years.