Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The *Budget Fight* Thread (Jan 2018 Edition)-

Fergasun

Looks like the Dems had to be the adults in the room again... or the craven jellyfish. I hope they got more than empty promises the GOP plan to blow off.

The difference between the parties are clear. The Republicans don't care if the country burns. The Dems fall on their sword over and over for sacrifices which probably aren't worth the compromise.

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Just the fact that a guy as thoughtful and educated as @Zguy28 could see all the Dems and moderate Rs fighting for CHIP/DACA/etc and just reflexively fall back on a tired, useless trope like “all politicians are the same/don’t care” is a vivid reminder of just how pervasive that type of far-right propaganda is these days.

Its distressing and really sad.

It's political nihilism.

The current Republican party flat out believes in a political philosophy straight from the brain of Ayn Rand that places no inherent value in governments or collective action.

And because that isn't enough, even the people working to oppose this ideology are labeled with the same brush. 

"No one really cares".

Just no. Please for the love of god, all of you centrists still sitting on the fence, join the others who have hopped off and return our politics to normal. You will regain your sane conservatism when you start punishing the far right extremists who have hijacked this country to enact an awful political agenda that benefits no one.

Aren't we going to be right back here in 3 weeks? This kind of puts more pressure on McConnell since this just kicks the can down the road once more and now CHIP is no longer a piece of the puzzle when it comes to bargaining.

45 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It's political nihilism.

The current Republican party flat out believes in a political philosophy straight from the brain of Ayn Rand that places no inherent value in governments or collective action.

And because that isn't enough, even the people working to oppose this ideology are labeled with the same brush. 

"No one really cares".

Just no. Please for the love of god, all of you centrists still sitting on the fence, join the others who have hopped off and return our politics to normal. You will regain your sane conservatism when you start punishing the far right extremists who have hijacked this country to enact an awful political agenda that benefits no one.

Are you labeling me "far right"? I voted for Kasich in the primary if that counts for anything. Maybe not.

I find Ayn Rand about as disgusting as Margaret Sanger.

10 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Are you labeling me "far right"? I voted for Kasich in the primary if that counts for anything. Maybe not.

I find Ayn Rand about as disgusting as Margaret Sanger.

No. I think the Republican party is basically a living representation of Ayn Rand's philosophy.

I totally disagree with liberals complaining about the Dems caving. Ultimately they are forcing the GOP to have a vote on DACA and they did this without a long drawn out shutdown and with CHIP extended and off the bargaining table. 

40 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Can't wait to vote that guy out in November.

IKR? I can't for the life of me understand how this guy wins elections, looking at him gives me the same sensation as licking the film off of a dead wino's eye

1 hour ago, Zguy28 said:

Are you labeling me "far right"? I voted for Kasich in the primary if that counts for anything. ......

Nope it counts for nothing. See in this forum unless you support the Dems issues or positions you are "far right."  See the criticism of Flake (and calls for the extermination him and people like him) in the Congress 2015 thread (I swear it wouldn't surprise me if half of the "liberal" posters on here are actually Daleks).

13 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Nope it counts for nothing. See in this forum unless you must support the Dems issues or positions you are "far right."  See the criticism of Flake (and calls for the extermination him and people like him) in the Congress 2015 thread (I swear it wouldn't surprise me if half of the "liberal" posters on here are actually Daleks).

If you toss around stuff like “taxation is theft” or “the power to tax is the power to destroy”, you’re far-right.

And that’s fine.  

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

I totally disagree with liberals complaining about the Dems caving. Ultimately they are forcing the GOP to have a vote on DACA and they did this without a long drawn out shutdown and with CHIP extended and off the bargaining table. 

Pretty much. This issue gets punted down three weeks but it’s not going away. 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Until the Republicans conveniently forget their promises as they always do.

I don't trust them to do anything for the Dreamers besides deporting them.

46 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Nope it counts for nothing. See in this forum unless you support the Dems issues or positions you are "far right."  See the criticism of Flake (and calls for the extermination him and people like him) in the Congress 2015 thread (I swear it wouldn't surprise me if half of the "liberal" posters on here are actually Daleks).

would you quit whining...?

First,  you have (and constantly do) lumped every single post by every single other person that has ever disagreed with you as "the liberal group think".  (and since you sit in a corner licking your wounds and spitting at the world, i am sure that EVERYBODY is on your list sometimes...right?).     I'm sure you can find SOMEBODY that says WHATEVER you wanna whine about---  congratulations.    (even if your smoking gun evidence is in jest, which you recognize..but ignore)

Second... and more important.  the constant minging is tiresome.   

<<<to use language that "you"  ("you"..as in when i lump the entire right into one gelatinous continuous lump of fetid pestilence) would understand... the constant whine of snowflakes dying is tedious to mine ears>>>    

Archived