Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYMAG: Who is QAnon? The Storm Conspiracy, Explained

No Excuses

Sasse, in fiery op-ed, says QAnon is destroying GOP

In a fiery op-ed for The Atlantic published Saturday, Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) said that the QAnon conspiracy theory is “destroying” the GOP and urged his fellow Republicans to reject it.

Sasse’s op-ed comes less than two weeks after a violent mob of President Trump’s supporters breached the U.S. Capitol, leaving five people, including a Capitol Hill Police officer, dead. The rioters stormed the Capitol with the intention of stopping Congress's count of the Electoral College vote that broke for President-elect Joe Biden, claiming that the election was fraudulent. 

Many of the members photographed during the riots could be seen with references to "Q" or "QAnon" on their clothing, including a man wearing a horned helmet and face paint colloquially known as the "QAnon Shaman."

Believers of the theory allege without evidence that Trump is working to “expose the U.S. government’s capture by a global network of cannibalistic pedophiles.” Several newly elected lawmakers, including Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), have been associated with the theory, though she later walked back her support due to “misinformation.” 

In Sasse's editorial, titled "QAnon is Destroying the GOP From Within" the lawmaker states that the riots that took place at the Capitol were not a result of a "few bad apples" but rather a "seed" that Republicans allowed to grow in the party over time, including these theories. 

Sasse mentioned that officer Eugene Goodman, who was seen on video leading a mob away from the Senate chamber during the riots, was being chased by a man wearing a shirt with the QAnon theory logo. The FBI has said that the man, identified as Douglas Jensen, “wanted to have his T-shirt seen on video so that ‘Q’ could ‘get the credit.’”

"It is the blossoming of a rotten seed that took root in the Republican Party some time ago and has been nourished by treachery, poor political judgment, and cowardice," Sasse wrote.

Sasse said that when Trump leaves office, the GOP has a choice to uphold the Constitution or "become a party of conspiracy theories." 

Click on the link for more

PleaseBlitz, quickly ingratiate yourself on that site, hint authoritatively at some inside knowledge, and then start introducing stuff that might sound plausible in the context of that community.  But gradually get more and more outlandish. 

See how far you can get before even those people start saying "Wait a minute..."  Time travel and Interstellar visitors come to mind.

Edit: Oh, and most important, report back here.  We can all use a laugh.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

PleaseBlitz, quickly ingratiate yourself on that site, hint authoritatively at some inside knowledge, and then start introducing stuff that might sound plausible in the context of that community.  But gradually get more and more outlandish.  See how far you can get before even those people start saying "Wait a minute..."  Time travel and Interstellar visitors come to mind.

Edit: Oh, and most important, report back here.  We can all use a laugh.

Ok, lemme drink like 6 9 ****tails and give myself a concussion. Then I should be able to come up with some horse**** that fits right in. 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Ok, lemme drink like 6 9 ****tails and give myself a concussion. Then I should be able to come up with some horse**** that fits right in. 

I want to check but don't want to. (I don't really want an FBI file made on me) How ****ing nuts is it?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I want to check but don't want to. (I don't really want an FBI file made on me) How ****ing nuts is it?

It’s not that exciting and I can’t even follow what they are trying to say... everyone keeps saying there is a plan. But that’s all they got.  Also they think the power and internet is getting turned off soon. 

Someone should buy them some cool aid and draino and see what what happens...

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Yea,  I am worried that I’m on a list somewhere now. As much fun as it would be, Im going to decline @Dan T.’s suggestion to actually post things because my job requires me to be able to fly commercial. 

To answer your question, it is entirely divorced from reality, except for the obvious trolls, which there is a healthy dose of. It’s not all that interesting, just a bunch of people posting the same things that aren’t real. 

The thread that I think is the best encapsulation pushed a theory that Trump HAD TO get another term because there is no way he would have built up the greatest military in history (and that description went into lengthy and unnecessary detail) only to hand it over to Joe Biden, the globalist head of a the most evil organization imaginable. Such a change in military leadership simply does not fit into their worldview and therefore cannot happen. 

What I was disappointed not to find was any broad discussion of what they’ll think of their “movement” if Wednesday comes and goes as expected (by sane people).  You would think that would be on people’s minds. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Twitter temporarily suspends Marjorie Taylor Greene over 'multiple' policy violations

Twitter said Sunday that it had temporarily suspended the personal account of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) following "multiple" violations of the platform's content policy.

In a statement to The Hill, a Twitter spokesperson confirmed that "the account referenced has been temporarily locked out for multiple violations of our civic integrity policy."

Greene said in a statement Sunday that her suspension was the result of "the borderline monopolistic stranglehold a few Big Tech companies have on the American political discourse."

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

What I was disappointed not to find was any broad discussion of what they’ll think of their “movement” if Wednesday comes and goes as expected (by sane people).  You would think that would be on people’s minds. 

I suspect that even asking that question would get you labeled either a “doomer” (a person that has lost their faith in the movement, and is now a heretic) or a cop (not sure what the slang for that is).  In both cases you’d get banned.  They behave like a religious cult, anything short of enthusiastic belief is an intolerable insult.  

Im pretty sure some of them are already working on the script for Jan 21st.  The show must go on.

10 hours ago, Destino said:

I suspect that even asking that question would get you labeled either a “doomer” (a person that has lost their faith in the movement, and is now a heretic) or a cop (not sure what the slang for that is).  In both cases you’d get banned.  They behave like a religious cult, anything short of enthusiastic belief is an intolerable insult.  

Im pretty sure some of them are already working on the script for Jan 21st.  The show must go on.

There is now a thread titled “Are You Dooming?”  I was hopeful that it would say, you know, the obvious. It does not. 

Go back in time to your mentality about 3 weeks ago, when we were all wanting Trump to cross the rubicon. Now imagine me telling you 3 weeks ago that on January 18th there would be over 20,000 troops in Washington DC in what looks to be some kind of fortified outpost. You would have known the rubicon has been crossed, and you probably wouldn't have believed it when I told you that the media is actually on board with Trump having 20,000 + troops locking down the country's capitol.

This is how 4-d chess works. Mind-blowing when you step back. No more dooming.

I added the bolding. 

• Haha 3