Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYMAG: Who is QAnon? The Storm Conspiracy, Explained

No Excuses

9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Am I the only one who thought the Jeep SB ad was incredibly tone deaf? Meet in the middle again? With domestic terrorists? Forgetting what the QOP has been like for 4+ years?

**** that, Boss. 

I thought it was pretty cliche and stupid.  Quite frankly, I'm tired of companies trying to weigh in on social issues, it doesn't do anything.  I like Jeeps because they're fun to drive and they can haul stuff around, I'm not looking to them for social guidance.  That, and IIRC, it was all about "Americana" small towns, farms...it didn't show anything urban, it didn't show anything black.  If that commercial wanted to "unite" or "meet in the middle" or whatever, it didn't reach to a large portion of the population.

I'm not a Springsteen fan, but I also find it funny that a guy from Jersey is trying to pass himself off as some sort of cowboy.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That's funny, cause I didn't know they had them in the Jersey shore...ya know, where Bruce is from.  

Im from swampy Greenville, NC but I know about hiking the Blue Ridge.  And I know about smoking doobies in the alley behind the 9:30 club.

Go figure.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Tool and Springsteen do share some commonalities Beal. Every song sounds the same and their fanboys always think their new stuff is great. 😁

I love Tool but their last two albums were not the good.

RATM final album was nothing but covers so they could get out of their contract. 

I'm not a fan of Springsteens music but out of the three he puts on the best live shows. He was really dope live way back when. Still prolly is idk.

Oh and in the future all our tendies will be dogecoin. 

Edited by clietas

29 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

There are about a bazillion cattle/dairy farms in New Jersey.  Some of y’all need to get off the turnpike once in a while.

Back in the day before smartphones when printing Mapquest was how you navigated trips, a buddy and I got lost in Jersey, coming back from Atlantic City.  We were just driving and driving, surrounded by farms and no people, civilization nowhere to be found.  We were thinking that we were going to have to get an apartment and just live in Jersey because we couldn't find our way out.  Luckily we eventually found a McDonalds, and after asking a half dozen 'kind' Jersey folks how we get to the turnpike, someone finally helped us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I feel like there are a handful of people that should just be allowed to do whatever they want in certain places unless they actually hurt someone.

The Boss, in New Jersey, is one example.  

Hell, he just sat back and laughed when Scooter and the Big Man busted the city in half.

Lullllllz they pulled his Jeep ad from YouTube:  https://pitchfork.com/news/bruce-springsteen-jeep-ad-pulled-from-youtube-after-report-of-dwi-arrest/

Wonder if The Boss had to do a night in the pokey like any of us common folk would have to.  You know Bruce, just a real down home kinda guy.  I bet he wanted to be treated like a regular person.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yo @TryTheBeal!!!!  Think The Boss was in a Jeep while he was out looking at cow farms while getting his DUI?  I bet he was!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bruce-springsteen-arrested-new-jersey-national-park-suspicion-drunken-driving-n1257292

1). I have no idea why you’re tagging me or why you’re posting this in the QAnon thread

2). having a couple tall boys at the park and driving home is about as “man of the people” as it gets.

3). Bruce is a great musician and a great American.

Edit:  I see this was the thread where I educated Spiff about the country that he lives in.  Still not sure what this has to do with QAnon.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1