Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYMAG: Who is QAnon? The Storm Conspiracy, Explained

No Excuses

There's a consistent underlying thread in all of this IMO. America has been transformed (and not for the better) by mass marketing, and those massholes will peddle or pander to anything for a buck, period. Gordon ****in Gekko and his greed is good mentality really sank it's hooks into people under Saint Ronnie the Oblivious, and the greedmongers looked around and asked, "Where's the grift? Where's that golden goose of shuckin the rubes?" And they saw religion and what religion was becoming thru mass marketing. No product, no regulations, hell, no taxes! And once you get 'em hooked on the holy spike, they'll keep coming back no matter how many ugly hookers Jimmy Swaggart gets caught with. You had a ready made army of people indoctrinated from birth to believe any kind of crazy horse**** you could think up, and once you accept talking snakes and an 800 yr old boat builder cramming every animal on Earth in the hold, well hell bat**** Q anon Tom Hanks cannibalizing babies is easy.

And same as it ever was, it is always all about the grift. 

These rubes are being played, the same way their forefathers were, the same way their grandchildren will be. Railing against it is akin to Xerxes having his troops flog the Hellespont. 

Now, when the herd breaks down the corral and starts trampling the crops, ohboy that's a different story. Bad cow! 

image.jpeg.038eb011e2a7296c8dc151bd44652a68.jpeg

And when we've moved on, the mendacious scum that made this all possible will just move on to the next con, never noticed or named or held accountable, anonymous in their wealth and privilege.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mayor Aims to Turn Small Town Into QAnon, USA

City council meetings don’t often get heated in Sequim, Washington, a small town of roughly 7,000 people popular with retirees from Seattle.

But five days after militia members, crazed Trump supporters, and QAnon believers violently broke into the U.S. Capitol, a city council meeting buzzed with one question: did Sequim Mayor William Armacost still believe in QAnon?

“Do you still stand behind your belief that QAnon is a truth movement?” Armacost critic Marsha Maguire asked during a council meeting held on Zoom.

Armacost didn’t say anything, but the QAnon questions weren’t over. Next up, a Sequim resident who gave his name as “Josh” had an urgent question for Armacost: Could Armacost hold off on joining any new QAnon insurrections, even if just for a few weeks?

“At the very least, for the rest of this month, if you could promise not to commit any act of insurrection, that would be great,” Josh said at the meeting. “Just as a citizen of Sequim, I don’t like to be represented by terrorists. So if we could promise to finish out this month without killing anyone, that would be great.”

Questions about insurrections and QAnon have become the norm in Sequim, as its residents grapple with becoming what appears to be the first American town to have an open QAnon supporter as mayor. Now, with Armacost and his allies carrying out what critics have described as a QAnon coup of the town government, the fight over QAnon in Sequim has come to a head.

Click on the link for the full article

Checked by reality, some QAnon supporters seek a way out

Ceally Smith spent a year down the rabbit hole of QAnon, devoting more and more time to researching and discussing the conspiracy theory online. Eventually it consumed her, and she wanted out.

She broke up with the boyfriend who recruited her into the movement, took six months off social media, and turned to therapy and yoga.

“I was like: I can’t live this way. I’m a single mom, working, going to school and doing the best for my children,” said Smith, 32, of Kansas City, Missouri. “I personally didn’t have the bandwidth to do this and show up for my children. Even if it was all true, I just couldn’t do it anymore.”

More than a week after Donald Trump departed the White House, shattering their hopes that he would expose the worldwide cabal, some QAnon adherents have concocted ever more elaborate stories to keep their faith alive. But others like Smith are turning to therapy and online support groups to talk about the damage done when beliefs collide with reality.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/anderson-cooper-qanon-conspiracy-theorist_n_601531ebc5b6bde2f5bfb487

“Did you, at the time, believe that Democrats, high-level Democrats and celebrities were worshipping Satan, drinking the blood of children?” Cooper asked Jadeja, who ditched the movement in 2019 after watching YouTube videos that debunked its premises.

“Anderson, I thought you did that,” Jadeja responded. “And I would like to apologize for that right now. So, I apologize for thinking that you ate babies. But, yeah, 100%.”

A surprised Cooper asked Jadeja, who lives in Sydney, Australia, if he “actually” believed he “was drinking the blood of children.”

“Yes, I did,” replied Jadeja, who said some followers still think Cooper is a robot.

Besides all of the bat**** insanity that is going on in this article, why is this guy in Qanon anyways? I didn't know it stretched all the way out to Australia. Why would someone in Australia even care about some of the dumbest conspiracies in America? That would be like me joining a "Brexit Anon" group or something. Don't these people have ANYTHING else better to do with their time?

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

If there was ever any two groups that absolutely belonged together it's Sovereign Citizens and QAnons. 

Can we sterilize them first?  We really don't want them getting together and breeding.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Besides all of the bat**** insanity that is going on in this article, why is this guy in Qanon anyways? I didn't know it stretched all the way out to Australia. Why would someone in Australia even care about some of the dumbest conspiracies in America? That would be like me joining a "Brexit Anon" group or something. Don't these people have ANYTHING else better to do with their time?

Because it’s no longer an American conspiracy. It’s not just high level US democrats doing this, it’s leaders and powerful people from across the world. There is a NWO that the global puppet masters run and they’re all part of the satanic cabal. So now you’ve got followers from all over the world buying in and they all

think they are literally saving the world from a satanic cult of pedophiles that drink baby blood 

• Sad 1

Anderson Cooper Interviews Ex-QAnon Follower Who Believed CNN Anchor Ate Babies

A former follower of the QAnon conspiracy theory has apologized to Anderson Cooper for once thinking that the CNN anchor ate babies.

Jitarth Jadeja told Cooper that he “100%” believed the bonkers idea, which he claimed was prevalent among supporters of the unhinged movement, in a preview clip released Friday of an upcoming CNN investigation into QAnon.

“Did you, at the time, believe that Democrats, high-level Democrats and celebrities were worshipping Satan, drinking the blood of children?” Cooper asked Jadeja, who ditched the movement in 2019 after watching YouTube videos that debunked its premises.

“Anderson, I thought you did that,” Jadeja responded. “And I would like to apologize for that right now. So, I apologize for thinking that you ate babies. But, yeah, 100%.”