Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tough season for you guys, pull for us in the playoffs!

JRobinson

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Honestly it would be cool to see McVay have some playoff success. But at the same time i do want to see the Vikings make history and become the first team to play a super bowl in their own stadium. 

If we get knocked out, they will be who I’m pulling for as well. 

Good luck to you guys in the playoffs, @JRobinson. I hope you make it all the way to the big one, injury-free. I'd love to see a Vikings-Rams match-up in the conference championship. Your coach is a shrewd schemer, and I'm impressed that he's turned the team around -- so completely around -- this fast. It's a testament to sound decision-making off the field (which coordinators and other assistants to hire), sound decision-making during games, and knowing which players to put on the field to give your team the best chance to succeed. So much goes into successful coaching, and you guys have a young one who should be around to lead your team for a long time. I hope this year is the first of many successful seasons, except of course whenever you meet us in the NFC Championship game. :)

6 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Thanks for posting that link to a Rams podcast.  I have been searching far and wide for some in depth football discussion about a team I don't give a **** about.

Good luck in the playoffs.  Enjoy your loss to Minnesota. :cheers:

This post actually made me cry from laughing!  Thanks, I definitely needed that!

That being said, I'm actually rooting for either the Rams or the Saints to represent the conference this year.  I really don't like any of the other teams that are in from the NFC this year, but I like McVay and I like Brees, so I'm cool with either of their teams. Just think, the Redskins used to have a track record of beating the eventual SB Champions during the regular season of their title year, so maybe that will ring true again this year.

I'm not a rams fan, but I'm glad to see some new blood in the playoffs. I guess I wouldn't mind McVay getting a ring. He is a smart guy and very likeable. I live near LA so it would be cool for the Rams to bring a championship back here so quickly. 

Good luck. 

I stand corrected.....based on the seedings, you guys wouldn't meet the Vikings in the division championship. Looks like you'll be playing them in the divisional round in week 2 of the playoffs. Good luck! Shurmur vs. ol' Wade, and McVay vs. Zimmer. A damn good match-up.

15 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Honestly it would be cool to see McVay have some playoff success. But at the same time i do want to see the Vikings make history and become the first team to play a super bowl in their own stadium. 

Yeah I'm rooting for the Vikings for the exact same reasons.

Rams would be third behind the Saints though :)

As long as the Patriots and Eagles do not win it, I should be fine anyway :)

7 hours ago, skinzplay said:

I stand corrected.....based on the seedings, you guys wouldn't meet the Vikings in the division championship. Looks like you'll be playing them in the divisional round in week 2 of the playoffs. Good luck! Shurmur vs. ol' Wade, and McVay vs. Zimmer. A damn good match-up.

Division championship? You mean...NFC Championship? that’s what the 3rd round is called 

21 hours ago, JRobinson said:

I ask though that y’all pull for us.

No, probably not. :P 

I bleed burgundy and gold. I only cheer for the Redskins, and no other team.

However, I won't root against the Rams in these playoffs. How about that? 

I call it 'enthusiastic indifference'. ;) 

Agree with the above. I don't root for other teams unless they are playing against the other NFCE teams. I might even root against the Rams. If the Rams do go to a SB or win it all this year it will make this fan base even more miserable and we will have to hear about how we let the wrong coach go for years and years and years. No Thanks!

21 hours ago, JRobinson said:

Tons of injures for you guys, and a rough season.  I ask though that y’all pull for us Redskins West.  Also, check out my brother and I talk about my beloved Redskins West.   I’ll be in touch with you OG Redskin fans!

http://ramsondemand.com/threads/new-kids-on-the-block-with-a-podcast.52994/#post-1018034

Fixed it for ya. :) 

17 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

But good luck. McVay is a hell of a coach and it was a shame we lost em

We were like Meh, when he left. All we did was criticize his red zone play calling which was beyond warranted. Who knew he would become the poster child for hiring young head coaches for years to come..

But its the NFL let see how he does in year two when teams have film on the Rams and time to study..

1 hour ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

We were like Meh, when he left. All we did was criticize his red zone play calling which was beyond warranted. Who knew he would become the poster child for hiring young head coaches for years to come..

But its the NFL let see how he does in year two when teams have film on the Rams and time to study..

Maybe. But the biggest mistake people always make when deciding who will be a "Good" or "Bad" coach, is the scoreboard, or a play here or there. It was obvious to me when he was here, that he didn't command respect, but was widely revered, and anytime media types and football people would talk about him, they always lit up and said that he was a guy that had players backs, and knew how to get the best out of every guy under him.

I assumed that one day he would be a HC, and a hell of one at that, but not this early, and not with that franchise. I could tell though, from the jump, with all the Aaron Donald stuff, that he had the hard part down pat early, which was getting guys to buy in to a fresh faced greenhorn, in Football Hell, and settling down the QB.

X's and O's is easy  especially when you have the talent they do, on both sides of the ball, and his track record.

Archived