Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: 2017 Locking the Closed Door

skins island connection

When: December 31st  1:00 p.m.

Where: Snoopy's Doghouse Stadium [ Metlife ]

Sunday, the Washington Redskins wrap up their season with a trip to New York to throw the ball around against the New York Giants.

The season has been chock-full of injuries and disappointments for both teams, as they both occupy the lower end of the NFC East division. The final game of the year, neither team going anywhere but their living room couches after this game, with a few handshakes and hugs when the final whistle blows.

The Giants come off a shut-out against the Cardinals, losing 23-0, and the team overall has been nothing short of a disappointment to their fans.

Sound familiar?

After their QB being benched earlier in the season, costing their then HC Ben McAdoo and GM Reece their jobs, Eli Manning was once again placed as the starter, but it was way over before that. The injury bug had stricken them as well, and it was all downhill from that point on.

The Redskins come off a win against the hapless Broncos, but are in the same boat as the Giants; not going anywhere.

Cousins looked pretty good, but still has his moments where we are left scratching our heads at why he threw the ball in certain situations. But he still played well enough to get a win, even though starting out a little sluggish.

Defensively they played pretty well. There were some big gashes by CJ Anderson [ I'd love to get on this team ] straight up the middle for good yardage, but was kept out of the endzone until late in the 4th qtr. Brock Osweiler, the Broncos QB, was harassed on most every play, and Denver just couldn't get anything going.

So, here it is, the final game of the season. The Redskins aren't going anywhere, and fans are wondering what changes, if any, will be made during the offseason. Will Cousins play in the finale? Is Cousins putting on a show for other prospective teams to possibly sign him? Will the starters who are left uninjured be playing in the game or sat down to prevent any further injuries?

I don't think it is so much of a question whether the Redskins win or not, but the Giants always seem to give the Redskins fits. Still I think the Redskins win the game, but I expect to see a lot of poor tackling and execution, as neither team has anything to play for, and do not want another injury to pop up, especially in a meaningless game, the last one of the season. Still, both teams would like to go out a winner, so there will be somewhat of a competitive game, more like flag football.

Look for the Redskins to continue the Perine experiment, with other back-up players getting a chance to hit the field, mostly to see how they perform in an actual game. You can expect the same from the Giants as well.

When the dust settles and the 471 fans in the stands are droned out by the piped-in stadium crowd noise,

the Redskins win the game, but really, who is the winner in this game? All we know is, the last player out of the stadium locks the door.

Redskins 23

Giants 13

* First correct score prediction wins a new Redskins cap or beanie.

Good luck and an early reminder for everyone to drive safely this upcoming New Year's Eve, and lets all hope and wish for a much better 2018 season and year.

SIC

This isn't a prediction, this is what I want to happen:

Our defense ruins Eli's final game.  Multiple turnovers, sacks galore, a pick six, a safety, Kerrigan chasing him around the backfield all day.  Kirk has a couple good drives, Colt plays the second half, and we win 26-0.

1 minute ago, Tsailand said:

How do you see the Giants getting to 17 points? Considering we held the Cardinals to 5 FGs and the Broncos to a FG plus a garbage time TD.

We lead the league in fumbles for one. I think the Giants will play hard knowing this is probably Eli's last game. Our defense is still one of the worst in the league. 

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I have a weird feeling that we're gonna struggle in this one. 

I tend to agree as Spagnola always seems to have our number.  Plus the forecast is for 22' and snow.  That said, I think the Giants players are on fumes and just want the season to end.  So with these things in mind.

20-17 Skins

15 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Of course we win because the game is not on primetime, we're playing in the normal time slot we're a professional football team and we play to win rather there is or is no playoff implication and there's no such thing as loosing to have a lower draft selection.

Redskins - 20

Giants - 17

There ya go just a little readjustment and waaaa laaahhh...fixed it for ya.

Archived