Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: 2017 Locking the Closed Door

skins island connection

8 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Laughing may ass off right now going back over this and seeing "predfiction"..haha ha

Fixed that there fer ya.

I didn't even notice it, and I'm usually pretty anal about grammar.

I am always trying to type 'team' and end up with 'teram' then going back and correcting it.

But, you know what they say; large fingers, large......      gloves.

25 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Fixed that there fer ya.

I didn't even notice it, and I'm usually pretty anal about grammar.

I am always trying to type 'team' and end up with 'teram' then going back and correcting it.

But, you know what they say; large fingers, large......      gloves.

I have been wondering all day if I'm just missing something or if its an actual typo...lol...large fingers gloves ..nice

Ayy all this negativity lol.   Going 8 and 8 ish for 3 years is something we were begging for lately.  I'm sorry we didn't skyrocket to 13 wins yet yall.

This team is alright.  Miles ahead of the giants.  Injury riddled season.  Show who we are and stomp 3 bad teams in a row to finish. 8-8, watch out for us next year.

That's what everyone besides redskins fans would say about our team.  Obvious x factor is cousins, but otherwise, let's slow down on the typical doom and gloom.  

Anyway, 27-17 skins, garbage time td from Eli for that 17.  

8 hours ago, Dirt said:

Ayy all this negativity lol.   Going 8 and 8 ish for 3 years is something we were begging for lately.  I'm sorry we didn't skyrocket to 13 wins yet yall.

This team is alright.  Miles ahead of the giants.  Injury riddled season.  Show who we are and stomp 3 bad teams in a row to finish. 8-8, watch out for us next year.

That's what everyone besides redskins fans would say about our team.  Obvious x factor is cousins, but otherwise, let's slow down on the typical doom and gloom.  

Anyway, 27-17 skins, garbage time td from Eli for that 17.  

Its just too difficult to not have feelings of doom and gloom.

The way this team is being run [ into the ground, shovel-load by shovel-load ]. Do you think there is another NFL team [ excluding Cleveland ] who would have let both of their top WRs go, and string along a QB to the point where he just may be in another uniform next season?

We get the injury thing, it happens, although way too often for this team and the results are more damning, which is another subject that must be addressed this offseason [S&C coaching] and how it is allowed to be continued.

This really isn't the thread for it, but my word, the FO has had such a negative impact on this team, to the degree that at first we had a back-up in Cousins [ who I believed would be a very good QB the whole time ] who didn't get much playing time due to favoritism, finally got his chance, exceled when given decent coaching, and now is a hot commodity in the league.

Then there's the FO, who doesn't believe in him [ hence the tags ], let his playmakers go to other teams, and gave him scrubs to work with on offense, and hold it over his head because he's not Tom Brady and carrying the team.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if towards the end of the game, Cousins looks up to the booth where Snyder and Allen are and gives them the finger and the Degeneration X crotch cross hands. Until Allen is far removed from this team, things will never get better.

hmmm...I managed to get in bits from the Allen, Cousins, Gruden, S&C, and injury thread all into a couple paragraphs on the prediction thread!  SMH

There are three records broken in this putrid excuse for a game:

Most penalties called in a game: 44

Most penalties called on one team in a game: 44 (Redskins)

Most penalty yards in a game: 483

The zebras call the game while considering the large Christmas bonus they received from John Mara and the "Competition Committee" this year. The Skins are repeatedly driven backwards by penalties, resulting in a slew of three-and-outs throughout the game. BO-RING Sidney!!!

Despite Chad Wheeler and Ereck Flowers both holding Kerrigan to the point where his jersey is ripped off his body not once but twice, there are no calls against the Giants, but even more astonishingly, the Skins D manages to hold the Gnats to no first downs gained. That of course does not count the penalties that provide first downs, so the Gnats are able to move the ball and maintain decent field position for most of the game, resulting in four FGs.

Three Cousins TD passes are called back for pass interference, holding, and illegal leverage (look it up), but he does manage to score a TD on an option where he takes it in on his own from midfield. Of course, the XP is no good. Other than that, the Skins O does not make it into Gnats territory. However, the D does manage a score when Eli turns to pitch the ball to a runner who is headed in the opposite direction. The other Zach (Vigil) scoops it up and takes it home - TD Redskins!

Mara is livid, and calls the officials for a penalty, but no matter how much they review, they cannot find a way to hamstring the Skins. HTTR! 

With just over 2 minutes to play, Eli takes the ball on the Gnat 18 and begins a drive on the Skins. With help from the officials (Kerrigan called for holding twice, roughing the passer on a run play where Eli remained untouched, three pass interference calls on Josh Norman, including one where he was not on the field), the Gnats manage to reach the Skins 48 with just under a minute. In the subsequent four plays, the Skins opt to play super-safe, and the D backs do not cover the receivers. It doesn't matter as Eli can't hit any of them, and the Gnats turn the ball over on downs.

Redskins 13

Gnats 12

2 hours ago, skins island connection said:

hmmm...I managed to get in bits from the Allen, Cousins, Gruden, S&C, and injury thread all into a couple paragraphs on the prediction thread!  SMH

Good work...and now i don't feel all alone.

Sooo i assume the random thot thread would be the best place for a mixed bag of convo..?

This is a setup for Redskins fans!  The Redskins should absolutely win this game and I absolutely want them to win this game.  They have something to play for, which is a third straight non-losing season.  So what's the problem?  They have something to play for!

I believe they will buck this trend this time.  Not because they will play well.  In fact, I suspect they will play atrociously.  But the Giants will manage to play worse.

Redskins 27

Giants 20

Geez i was just listening to Dukes and Loverro's take on it.  They are oddly building this game up as the be all and end all because of the combination of the Redskins playing up wanting to end up 8-8 and all the soap opera stuff relating to the Giants this week.

I think the Redskins respond big.  Redskins 30  Giants 10.  And I don't think I've predicted a rout all year.  But I have a good feeling that this could be a spanking.

On 12/26/2017 at 8:27 PM, Dirt said:

A large portion of those with doom and gloom outlooks will be the same ones predicting 12 wins before the start of the preseason.  There were a lot of folks around here predicting an 8-8 season which is what it will be.

Vegas had the over/under at 7.5 wins for this season.  As they often are, they were right on the money.  I put a $100 bet down on the over back in June.  I need this win.

Skins 28

Giants 16

Archived