Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

58 minutes ago, OlufemiBiz said:

*For all of our 'ES Family' who weren't around during the Time-Period about which Bro. Bang is articulating...

Please search for, and watch his brilliant work! They're Iscar-worthy!

I became an ES-er, because of them! I happened across this board, and joined BECAUSE OF Bang's work! He's the Best Who EVER Did It! Point-Blank! Period!

My favorite: then QB Mark Brunnel's 'inability to hit the ground with a pass - while aboard a helicopter'...

Thank you, Bro. Bang!

And, thanks to all of my ES Family! You all are the Best!

HTTR-4-LIFE!!!

I forgot all about those!

I just watched his 2005 Bronco Billy skit with Ron Dayne...had me dying lol

18 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Frank Gore, gone

Mike Wallace, gone

Older skill positions players are getting snatched up on one year deals

Meaning....they should look for a veteran LG?

WIth Paul Richardson, no point in Mike Wallace. Frank Gore is a good bridge but I think we can safely say they want a young impact starter and they are good with the rest of the cast. 

Does anyone really want to be in a position where because our FO has spoken so much about fixing the run defense, regardless of who is on the board we basically HAVE to take the best DL on the board at 13, or after a trade back, or even in the 2nd? That's a terrible position to be in, and that's why I'm cool overpaying a bit for a guy like Hankins to free us up. 

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Does anyone really want to be in a position where because our FO has spoken so much about fixing the run defense, regardless of who is on the board we basically HAVE to take the best DL on the board at 13, or after a trade back, or even in the 2nd? That's a terrible position to be in, and that's why I'm cool overpaying a bit for a guy like Hankins to free us up. 

You never HAVE to draft any one position, no matter how desperate you may feel about filling that hole.  If Minkah Fitzpatrick falls to #13, it would be extremely hard not to pull the trigger.

6 minutes ago, -JB- said:

You never HAVE to draft any one position, no matter how desperate you may feel about filling that hole.  If Minkah Fitzpatrick falls to #13, it would be extremely hard not to pull the trigger.

I understand that. You understand that. I do not have faith that our FO understands that. They see a hole, and they will not stop talking about filling it. If we don't get a decent vet DL in here before the draft I can almost guarantee that regardless of who is on the board, we will ignore BPA completely and take the top DL and RB we can in the first two rounds. Would anyone be surprised, even if the value wasn't there, to see that?

14 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I understand that. You understand that. I do not have faith that our FO understands that. They see a hole, and they will not stop talking about filling it. If we don't get a decent vet DL in here before the draft I can almost guarantee that regardless of who is on the board, we will ignore BPA completely and take the top DL and RB we can in the first two rounds. Would anyone be surprised, even if the value wasn't there, to see that?

Hey, I wouldn’t be mad if Vita Vea is the pick.  There’s just a good chance, with the QB’s going off the board early, that a top prospect could fall.  I’m still on board with going DL.  

10 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

And kicks a Super Bowl, game winning, 69 yard field goal. 

12 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

And kicks a Super Bowl, game winning, 69 yard field goal. 

He then heads into the locker room and shouts you like that at Mr. Allen!  

Just now, HigSkin said:

Well there goes that one...That was the first I heard of an Oline look and see.

Yes, I was kind of shocked too.  I am just hoping for a Hankins signing.  It takes care of a huge need.

I don't mind overspending on Hankins, he is good, really young and a huge need... overspending in FA just comes with the territory, but it is a part of the process that every team uses, don't have to look much farther than the superbowl teams to prove that.

Not only does he fill a need, but he is great at it, and it would make us so much more flexible in the draft. With him I am for sure trading back and trying to pick up a 2nd and possible more

11 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

That's interesting. It may mean that we won't know what happens to Hankins unless some other team scoops him up until after the draft. I don't mind that approach as there are two pretty highly touted rookies who may be just as good and won't break the bank. Besides, a home drafted D line (Allen, Ionadis, and Payne/Vita) might be pretty cool. If that happens and we can get another guard or Kuandijo ups his game we could have both lines starters made up of all draft picks and no free agents.

Something that's been on my mind since the Hankins release, followed by the Williams release and the restructuring of McClain: 

- Do we (Allen and our front office) know what the trigger dates for the other contracts around the league are? Like, is there another big name DT who can be released in the coming weeks? 

- Related, are there common dates put into contracts for these type of things. I know there are statements like the first day of the league year, or the 5th day of the league year, but otherwise, are there like day X of training camp or something like that? 

- I also wonder if teams who may take Vea or Payne or another top DT in the draft would be doing that at the expense of one of their DTs. So might we see another set of DTs released after the draft. And if so, how much of a feel do we have on who they might be? 

I’m torn on the NT spot. 

I like Vea and Payne for their value in the 20’s. I don’t like them at 13 ... especially with blue chippers on defense likely there in either Smith, James or Fitzpatrick. 

Nice thing is if we miss on Hankins I don’t think it pisgeonholes us for a NT at 13. Tim Settle could fall and BJ Hill/Kendrick Norton are two guys in the 4th/5th that are solid and could match up better with the pick value. 

But yeah, Hankins would go a long way to locking down the DL and really allowing attention to go to BPA at 13. 

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

That's interesting. It may mean that we won't know what happens to Hankins unless some other team scoops him up until after the draft. I don't mind that approach as there are two pretty highly touted rookies who may be just as good and won't break the bank. Besides, a home drafted D line (Allen, Ionadis, and Payne/Vita) might be pretty cool. If that happens and we can get another guard or Kuandijo ups his game we could have both lines starters made up of all draft picks and no free agents.

Yea maybe a LG will just fall from the sky!  You would go into the season with Kuandijo as the starter, Really?  Nothing wrong with home grown talent. I would take Vita even if we sign Hankins if he was there.  Take Guard in second rd.  RB would have to wait till the next pick.  Cannot run if you have no blocking anyway.    

Archived