Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I presume he's talking about Murphy.  and he's implying he's asking maybe for 6 million a year?

Junior GaletteVerified account @JovaisG

FollowingFollowing @JovaisG
More

I watched guys Get 1 Sack with Starter Reps Get 7m A Year But Even better I watched A Guy Miss A Whole Year and Get 7m A Yr...Even crazier is im not even asking for DAT! #CrazyWorld

Sign him. No sense in lowballing him he doesn't hurt comp picks and we need pass rushers. Also think signing Hankins is a must. Defense would be nasty

I've generally stayed away from the FO bashing, can't be bothered with it really.

But that will change if Hankins gets away. He is exactly what we need, we get him through the door first. We simply have to sign him, and there are no excuses.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I've generally stayed away from the FO bashing, can't be bothered with it really.

But that will change if Hankins gets away. He is exactly what we need, we get him through the door first. We simply have to sign him, and there are no excuses.

ALLEN must realise that Hankins is a $8/9m per year player, why bring him in for a visit if your not prepared to pay his going rate. Release McClain and you get around $3m back straight away. For me this is Allen's last chance to do something right and sign a quality NT.

HTTR 

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/2018-salaries-five-redskins-become-fully-guaranteed-today

The 2018 salaries of five Redskins become fully guaranteed today

CB Josh Norman, base salary of $13.5 million becomes fully guaranteed

TE Jordan Reed, $8 million of his $8.25 million salary becomes fully guaranteed—No, I’m not sure why they are leaving that $250,000 out there non-guaranteed.

S D.J. Swearinger, $3 million base salary becomes fully guaranteed—This is a mere technicality, Swearinger wasn’t going anywhere after helping to solidify the safety position

RB Chris Thompson, $1.996 million base salary becomes fully guaranteed—His rehab is going well and after last year Thompson’s two-year, $7 million contract extension signed last September looks like a good deal for the team.

DE Terrell McClain, $3.25 million base salary becomes fully guaranteed—If the Redskins sign a top free agent D-lineman or draft on early in the draft they could be in a numbers crunch. That new acquisition would be guaranteed a roster spot along with Jonathan Allen, Matt Ioannidis, Stacy McGee, and Anthony Lanier.  That could tip the sixth spot in favor of McClain if he is on the roster at the close of business today. If they release McClain after today, they would take a cap charge of over $2 million. It seems unlikely that anything will happen but it’s something to keep an eye on.

46 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If you don't spend less than $10M/year on Hankins than you aren't serious at the end of every season when you say our run defense needs to improve. Period

They havent been serious for however many years in a row that we've been saying we need to improve the DL.

4 hours ago, jsharrin55 said:

If Galette thinks he working for a slave wage, I wonder what he thinks of my income.  

Robert Henson said that best.

Yet he still tries to troll us for relevance after his stellar three tackle special teams career.

30 minutes ago, worldpost said:

This lack of news coming out of Redskin Park is both nerve wracking and encouraging.

I want to know everything going on, but it seems that the leaks have been well plugged the last 18mo

Little diddy... 'bout Scot and Dianna....

27 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

This is where I stand as well. I am holding out hope that the FO realized their mistake in not signing Hankins last year so once he became available yesterday they jumped on getting his first visit. Get rid of McClain and make this happen.

4 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

junior can just go. Stuck with his ungratefull butt through two injury seasons and an unproductive third. Slave wages. How laughable. The more this guy talks the less I care for him. 

Ya know,I totally agree with ya 100% on this!!!..with the NFL being so unforgiving and such a cut throat business-not only did we sign him on a prove it deal because of his character issues out of NO,but resigned him after his hurt,unproductive season to anther contract since he came in and was unable to do anything but collect and check and ride the IR!!!..he was only used sparingly because he was coming off of not one,but Two major injury’s and we handled him with baby gloves so he didn’t hurt himself again-any other team(New England is famous for it,the ravens as well)would’ve cut him two years ago and already filled his spot..he’s stated that he was so grateful for us standing by him thruout his injury’s but now that we’re gun shy over his china doll body then we’re low balling him and he’s worth so much more(for what,keeping the pine warm for active players during cold games!!)..cmon man,send him packing-the browns are signing everybody with a pulse..let him go there!!!!

6 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

What's the deal with Luke Joeckel? Is he trash, to expensive? Still available and prior #2 overall?

Also, I remember a lot of us ever to draft Su'a-Filo, another G. Anybody know if he's worth a go?

TRASH on unknown levels. I live in Jax. He was the Jags 1st Rd pick at LT. Don't think he ever played there and never finished his rookie contact. Seattle gave him big money and well needless to say he's back on the market.

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

This is the same board though that is enamored with PFF saying Preston Smith and Gallette were two of the top 3-5 pass rushers in the league by metrics.  If the metrics suggest he was better in getting pressure than I think he was, an edge rusher with his ability will be in demand. Him staying healthy would count for a lot.

I'm not going by PFF, but what I saw with my own two eyes.  He needs to sign one more 1-year prove-it deal to show that he's back to the form he displayed his last year with the Saints and that he can remain healthy.

I can forgive him for speaking in frustration without taking into account how ridiculous he sounded.  But he still hasn't proven to be worthy of a multi-year contract in the $7M per year range.  For him to think that he has is borderline delusional.

6 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Joeckel probably worth a 1 year trial deal for cheap. Looks like injury and underproductive year. Would think maybe in the 5-7mil/year range. Maybe Callahan can squeeze some 1st round juice out of him

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/2/3/16967910/2018-seahawks-free-agents-luke-joeckel-was-an-understandable-risk-but-its-time-to-move-on

NO NO NO, first rounder headed to his third team in less than 5 yrs. Read up on the dude. Watched him here in Jacksonville. Saw he had no biz being drafted, much less first rounder.

Archived