Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

6 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

If we cut McClain by COB today we save a few million. Need to sign Hankins and cut that JAG ASAP. He was a complete waste last year.

I think McClain needs to be a June 1 cut to save money

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

No one has ever argued that. The problem is you have to open the wallet some times. We went from vinnie who could not wait to give all the money away to Bruce who I believe is a bit too rigid. 

DOn;t get me wrong - I prefer this approach to vinnies as it does not put you in cap hell. But I do wish bruce would open up a little on some key needs - last year we missed several DL that would have made a huge impact over just a few $M. 

Well, we're about to max out cap again this year. Our 'blue chip' contracts are tied up in appropriate talent (Williams, Norman, Kerrigan, Reed, QB). 

I get I would have rather not gone 2 for 1 with the Mc's, but no front offie is perfect. He did open the wallet for Norman, who remains worth the purchase regardless of some falloff last year. My goodness, he is still a top CB in league and hustled back from broken ribs. Dude is a competitor. 

We also opened wallet for DJAx than as well. 

I don't know, to me its more about getting the formula right. The Cousins thing was mishandled, but deep down inside, I'm kinda glad he's gone. Just never had the 'it' factor

25 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Kinda interesting that a 25 yr old,above average, solid citizen DT will be on his 3rd team in 3 years.  Not saying it means anything, you just don't normally see that.

So he played out his rookie deal with the Giants and watched them spend like crazy to pump up their D.   I have a feeling they didn't have what he was looking for $$ wise.   He Missed a year with a pec tear, so the giants probably offered lower.  This Colts cut is odd for sure. 

To me while it's third team in 3 years its really rare circumstances.  His previous contract was 3/27mill with 14.5mill guaranteed.   So he basically got 1/14.5.  Not too shabby for him considering all these 1 year 5-8mill contracts some guys are getting.

2 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Well, we're about to max out cap again this year. Our 'blue chip' contracts are tied up in appropriate talent (Williams, Norman, Kerrigan, Reed, QB). 

I get I would have rather not gone 2 for 1 with the Mc's, but no front offie is perfect. He did open the wallet for Norman, who remains worth the purchase regardless of some falloff last year. My goodness, he is still a top CB in league and hustled back from broken ribs. Dude is a competitor. 

We also opened wallet for DJAx than as well. 

I don't know, to me its more about getting the formula right. The Cousins thing was mishandled, but deep down inside, I'm kinda glad he's gone. Just never had the 'it' factor

Not sure I argued against any of that - I actually agreed with the approach. But since you brought it up, if we are being so frugal how it they maxed out the CAP to the point they could not afford a few $M for a DL that the tam desperately needs.

And again, the point being missed is not that Kirk is gone it's that the got nothing for him. 

Last but not least this approach would be easier to take if they were winning. Until then it will be under scrutiny - as it should. 

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Can't you designate a couple of those early, without actually waiting until June 1st?

“DE Terrell McClain, $3.25 million base salary becomes fully guaranteed—If the Redskins sign a top free agent D-lineman or draft on early in the draft they could be in a numbers crunch. That new acquisition would be guaranteed a roster spot along with Jonathan Allen, Matt Ioannidis, Stacy McGee, and Anthony Lanier. That makes five and the Redskins kept six last year. Ziggy Hood is a favorite of the coaching staff but he has no guaranteed money left on his contract. That could tip the sixth spot in favor of McClain if he is on the roster at the close of business today. If they release McClain after today, they would take a cap charge of over $2 million. It seems unlikely that anything will happen but it’s something to keep an eye on.”

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Not sure I argued against any of that - I actually agreed with the approach. But since you brought it up, if we are being so frugal how it they maxed out the CAP to the point they could not afford a few $M for a DL that the tam desperately needs.

And again, the point being missed is not that Kirk is gone it's that the got nothing for him. 

Last but not least this approach would be easier to take if they were winning. Until then it will be under scrutiny - as it should. 

I'm not against scrutiny, but some of it is pure haterade from some. 

They still have plenty of cap for any DL, they basically could sign Suh if wanted. They have 1 big move or 2 high end moves left depending on position. 

The Kirk thing was mishandled, I granted that. But, when cleaning a house, sometimes it gets dirtier before it gets better. Patience is needed, I'll call out the bad moves (and I'm not crazy about Alex Smith) but overall they are better than most teams in past 4-5 years

49 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Must be a typo from Findley saying D End. Hankins is NT - DT for PF and it says so. Colts transitioning to 4-3 and can release Hankins with zero dead cap (talk about a great contract for the team) and almost $9M in CAP savings. 

Makes me feel a little better about the 3 teams in 3 yrs thing. 

Nobody cares to discuss the possibility of Luke Joeckel as a 1 year experiment at LG, which is where he played last couple years. Starting to think at very least he will be depth at positions that were decimated last year with injuries.

28 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

No one has ever argued that. The problem is you have to open the wallet some times. We went from vinnie who could not wait to give all the money away to Bruce who I believe is a bit too rigid. 

DOn;t get me wrong - I prefer this approach to vinnies as it does not put you in cap hell. But I do wish bruce would open up a little on some key needs - last year we missed several DL that would have made a huge impact over just a few $M. 

That's not entirely fair. They did open up the wallet to Norman, Williams, Kerrigan, D Jackson, Reed, etc.

In general, I do think Bruce is too cheap almost as much as I thought that  Vinny was too generous, but Bruce has opened the vault a number of times.

19 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That's a really point. I guess the answer is that they are cheap, not frugal and that they are often cheap, but unwise.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Yeah, if Gallette is getting slave deals then what does that say about what every teacher, soldier, paramedic, etc. in the country is getting. Just s phenomenally tone deaf and stupid thing to say.

Yeah I am all for players getting the max they can in FA.  But I doubt his offer is anything less than 3 million a year.  Most would think their whole financial lives are met with a windfall like that.  Be one thing if Galette said teams were trying to get him at a cut rate price (in football terns) but slave labor?  If only we were all so lucky to get a salary like that.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

That's not entirely fair. They did open up the wallet to Norman, Williams, Kerrigan, D Jackson, Reed, etc.

In general, I do think Bruce is too cheap almost as much as I thought that  Vinny was too generous, but Bruce has opened the vault a number of times.

That's a really point. I guess the answer is that they are cheap, not frugal and that they are often cheap, but unwise.

I guess we need some clarification - I was not saying HE NEVER opened the wallet. I said I wished he would open sometimes - meaning there are times when he did not that I wish he would and then gave the example. I thought that was clear but with two responses not seeing it, I must not have been clear enough. 

I presume he's talking about Murphy.  and he's implying he's asking maybe for 6 million a year?

Junior GaletteVerified account @JovaisG

FollowingFollowing @JovaisG
More

I watched guys Get 1 Sack with Starter Reps Get 7m A Year But Even better I watched A Guy Miss A Whole Year and Get 7m A Yr...Even crazier is im not even asking for DAT! #CrazyWorld

Sign me up for the #Redskins signing #JohnathanHankins: - he's 25 - led all #Colts DL in defensive snaps in 2017, during which #Colts had no. 10 run D per DVOA - big part of #Giants' great 2016 D - every indication is release was due to switch to 4-3 & not attitude or bad play

11 replies11 retweets53 likes

No Team Makes More sense Then the Skins They Took me in while others kicked me down but it’s Gotta Be Fair *Blessed And Highly Favored* #HTTR

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Sign me up for the #Redskins signing #JohnathanHankins: - he's 25 - led all #Colts DL in defensive snaps in 2017, during which #Colts had no. 10 run D per DVOA - big part of #Giants' great 2016 D - every indication is release was due to switch to 4-3 & not attitude or bad play

11 replies11 retweets53 likes

Along with them moving to the 4-3, as i said above they can release him with Zero dead cap despite giving hi ma 3 yr deal last year. And they get almost $9M in more CAP. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/junior-galette-7083/cash-earnings/

Career earnings will pass 25mill no matter his contract.   

After 2 Achilles tears and the social media aspect, he's just hurting his own cause.  

After getting the contract he did with the saints I get it's frustrating.  Tell him to have a heart to heart with Ryan Grant, so he can know frustration.

I am not feeling as judgmental as some with the JG comments.  I can understand after he finally proved he was fit he might be surprised to see a guy who didn't play last year get a big deal. I think we all were surprised Trent did as well as he did in FA.  IF he is asking for something in the $5 million range per year he is not being crazy but I can understand the Skins reluctance and we are usually willing to stand our ground and see what the market values a guy at.  I would still like him back here and hopefully if nobody gets desperate he will stick here on a team friendly deal, I think realistic incentives might be the key to getting it done.

20 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Nobody cares to discuss the possibility of Luke Joeckel as a 1 year experiment at LG, which is where he played last couple years. Starting to think at very least he will be depth at positions that were decimated last year with injuries.

I will, decent player, injury past so risky, don't think a one year deal fits our cap situation or structure now. Mewhort similar, knackered knees, worth a risk, maybe but must be less expensive than 6/7mil py per your earlier post...

Archived