Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

What the hell is it with Allen and signing crappy former Cowboys?  5 Million a year for a below average to poor DB. That is crazy. McClain all over again.

"If you can't beat them, might as well sign them", is probably Allen's philosophy. God, how many more years are we stuck with Allen.

5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

What the hell is it with Allen and signing crappy former Cowboys?  5 Million a year for a below average to poor DB. That is crazy. McClain all over again.

"Up to" would be the key words there I hope.

Don't love the signing in a vacuum but to the point below I'd love it if its for this reason.  Hopefully we get the 2014 version of Scandrick.

I know folks aren’t jazzed about Scandrick, but it also means there could be more cash available for a bigger, more important signing. DRC would have cost more.

2 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

That's addition by subtraction on multiple levels for the Cowboys. 

Not really. They are going with youth because they have to due to CAP. He has been a mentor for them and a good leader for the young guys. But he is still probably better than most of what they have.

May not be the best guy, but opposite Norman, he can make some plays. Guess that means DRC was a bit too pricey or maybe not the right fit. 

Just now, goskins10 said:

Not really. They are going with youth because they have to due to CAP. He has been a mentor for them and a good leader for the young guys. But he is still probably better than most of what they have.

May not be the best guy, but opposite Norman, he can make some plays. Guess that means DRC was a bit too pricey or maybe not the right fit. 

and hopefully we wanted to save some cash... for Hankins maybe....

From Rotoworld 

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the deal has a max value of $10 million. Scandrick's play has slipped in recent years, primarily due to injuries. He just turned 31 years old and will replace Kendall Fuller as Washington's slot corner. Fantasy leaguers should proactively start slot receivers against the Skins.

2 minutes ago, redrobert said:

From Rotoworld 

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the deal has a max value of $10 million. Scandrick's play has slipped in recent years, primarily due to injuries. He just turned 31 years old and will replace Kendall Fuller as Washington's slot corner. Fantasy leaguers should proactively start slot receivers against the Skins.

How the hell does Ian Rapoport have any idea how Washington plans on using him? He cant even get the date right of when free agents visit.

Naturally, I must to read into this far too deep and pessimistically and I'm left thinking, "we must not be close with Hankins if we let our contract personnel out of the room to get this deal done."

Skins might as well patent the $5M/yr-deal-for-scrubs. Scandrick was decent four years ago and since then he's been an injury machine... This better not serve as a consolation prize.

1 minute ago, redrobert said:

From Rotoworld 

I don't want to go into the year expecting too much from a 7th rounder. But at the same time I hope his contract doesn't take away the competition at slot corner.

Archived