Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

48 minutes ago, TK said:

Bruce has been off the new stadium project for some time now. 

Then there really is no reason he should still be in the position he's in. 

He shows little-no value and has (once again) hampered the long term prospects of the team through another terrible QB acquisition strategy. 

He needs to go and we should elevate Kyle Smith to GM to allow him to pick the next HC.

During Bruce Allen's tenure (2010-) the Redskins are an abysmal 58-80-1. 

I've never seen an NFL team tolerate failure like the Redskins. Its truly mind boggling. And now the moron trust is paying for it with abysmal attendance.

Firing Bruce won't solve the problem. The Dan will just hire some other idiot. 

This rock is better at evaluating talent than bruce allen 

Image result for rock

1 minute ago, Boss_Hogg said:

During Bruce Allen's tenure (2010-) the Redskins are an abysmal 58-80-1. 

According to Pro Football Reference, his entire 12-year career as GM, including Tampa, has resulted in a record of 79-108, 42 percent winning percentage, with a grand total of THREE playoff appearances during that time (2 with Tampa) and, wait for it, ZERO playoff wins. (They don't credit him as GM for the 2015/16 seasons, but McCloughan).

Vinnie's record over 9 years? 62-82, 43 percent winning percentage, THREE playoff appearances, ONE playoff win. 

Vinnie. 

Was.

Better.

Let that sink in a little. 

9 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

According to Pro Football Reference, his entire 12-year career as GM, including Tampa, has resulted in a record of 79-108, 42 percent winning percentage, with a grand total of THREE playoff appearances during that time (2 with Tampa) and, wait for it, ZERO playoff wins. (They don't credit him as GM for the 2015/16 seasons, but McCloughan).

Vinnie's record over 9 years? 62-82, 43 percent winning percentage, THREE playoff appearances, ONE playoff win. 

Vinnie. 

Was.

Better.

The cold hard facts... YIKES!

1 hour ago, TK said:

Particularly since minority owner Dwight Schar runs a mega home builder and mortgage conglomerate. If that guy can't find land, and finance it, and build something on it, no one can. 

https://www.redskins.com/team/front-office-roster/

OWNERSHIP GROUP

Dwight C. Schar is Chairman of the Board of NVR, Inc., the fiſth-largest homebuilder in the United States.

The company is comprised of the building operations of Ryan Homes and NVHomes.

Also under the NVR umbrella is NVR Financial, which is comprised of NVR Mortgage and NVR Settlement Services.

The company is based in Reston, Va., and is traded on the New York Stock Exchange.

68964084_ScreenShot2018-11-26at2_40_13PM.thumb.png.775f1bdf2a29df229e3b1ea6f9d01788.png

Maybe Dan could just designate him as the full time pep talk guy -- the fans, alumni, maybe he's the dude to fire up the team before the games.   I get the chills myself watching this -- feel like I can take on the world and this is just youtube, imagine in person? He could become the Redskins full time Tony Robbins. 

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe Dan could just designate him as the full time pep talk guy -- the fans, alumni, maybe he's the dude to fire up the team before the games.   I get the chills myself watching this -- feel like I can take on the world and this is just youtube, imagine in person? He could become the Redskins full time Tony Robbins. 

I wonder where George Allen went wrong.

7 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

For one, he still needs help with his tie (he always reminds me of the guy in I Am Sam)

i-am-sam.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=646&

When Bruce made the “winning off the field” comment I KNEW George must have rolled over in his grave.

2 hours ago, TK said:

I had heard he was less involved but not that he was completely out of the conversation. So is Brian Lafemina handling the entire thing from the Redskins side now? 

BTW: That means to me there is zero reason for him to be here if this thing continues to fall apart after a great start. 

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I had heard he was less involved but not that he was completely out of the conversation. So is Brian Lafemina handling the entire thing from the Redskins side now? 

BTW: That means to me there is zero reason for him to be here if this thing continues to fall apart after a great start. 

fixed it for you bud :cheers:

59 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Anything you can share about what he does, how he's perceived by Snyder, or if there's a chance he's fired? 

Let's just say that I can't/won't say how it was exactly told to me so I don't give away where I got it from but trust me, it's funny af. :) 

Chance he's fired? Guessing 50/50 as it'll ultimately come down to a end of season thing. But knowing you hardly ever see or hear from him all year other then being the Captain Picnic, & he hasn't been name dropped in bringing in anyone since the Smith deal, he's getting closer to retirement age, & not sure how many years are left on his contract, it doesn't look good. I think the years left on his contract may end up being the important thing though as Dan absolutely HATES to play guys after he's fired them- Shanny, Vinny, Scott for examples.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Anything you can share about what he does, how he's perceived by Snyder, or if there's a chance he's fired? 

@TK has been dropping hints all year that this might be his last season.  Combine that with the number of front office personnel added to take responsibilities from Bruce, him not being involved with new stadium makes it sound inevitable. 

If Snyder gets stuck with the Alex Smith bill because he won't retire, this looks like a Bruce idea so I expect that you be final straw if that decision isn't already made.  Possible franchise crippling move, don't see how you can trust Bruce after that icing in the cake.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@TK has been dropping hints all year that this might be his last season.  Combine that with the number of front office personnel added to take responsibilities from Bruce, him not being involved with new stadium makes it sound inevitable. 

If Snyder gets stuck with the Alex Smith bill because he won't retire, this looks like a Bruce idea so I expect that you be final straw if that decision isn't already made.  Possible franchise crippling move, don't see how you can trust Bruce after that icing in the cake.

I don't want to lump it ALL on Allen, but can you imagine this resume over 10 years: 

Donovan McNabb trade

Robert Griffin III trade

Kirk Cousins franchise tag and ultimate departure for no value

Alex Smith trade

Basically every 2-3 years he's overseen an unmitigated disaster trying to address the QB situation. I don't want to claim it's "easy" to figure out, but good God that's ugly. Especially when you consider that the "best" QB decision they made (drafting a viable starting QB with a fourth-round pick) quickly turned into an organizational black eye with their inability to lock him up long-term early, convincing him to want to stay in DC, and/or being able to recoup picks for him. 

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't want to lump it ALL on Allen, but can you imagine this resume over 10 years: 

Donovan McNabb trade

Robert Griffin III trade

Kirk Cousins franchise tag and ultimate departure for no value

Alex Smith trade

Basically every 2-3 years he's overseen an unmitigated disaster trying to address the QB situation. I don't want to claim it's "easy" to figure out, but good God that's ugly. Especially when you consider that the "best" QB decision they made (drafting a viable starting QB with a fourth-round pick) quickly turned into an organizational black eye with their inability to lock him up long-term early, convincing him to want to stay in DC, and/or being able to recoup picks for him. 

If you can't do it, I gotta get somebody who can.  It's not personal, its business.

There have been arguments about how much control or influence Bruce had on any of those QB situations.  If the last two were all him and you can argue those were the worst two, the discussion is over, imo.

That's a thread we can't even start right now, which QB mistake under Allen was the worst?

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

Vinnie. 

Was.

Better.

So, there's still a chance?

Vinny.jpg

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

If you can't do it, I gotta get somebody who can.  It's not personal, its business.

There have been arguments about how much control or influence Bruce had on any of those QB situations.  If the last two were all him and you can argue those were the worst two, the discussion is over, imo.

That's a thread we can't even start right now, which QB mistake under Allen was the worst?

No, I think any two of those are more than enough to lose a man his job. I guess I just like to keep the benefit of the doubt open...

For example, if Dan Snyder is sitting in his office with Bruce Allen and he KNOWS that he pulled the strings on all 4 trades and forced Allen to handle the details, then it would be unfair of him to pin those moves on Allen. I don't believe that to be the case, by the way, just leaving it out there as a possibility. 

I would also agree that the last two were the worst two. The McNabb trade wasn't great, but at least the contract extension was just a sham. Not that we replaced him adequately, but we were able to move on from him after 2010. And, despite the ultimate result, the RGIII trade at least yielded a division title and was somewhat defensible because we, in theory, could have gotten a decade of QB play. 

Letting Cousins out of the building at all or for no trade return and trading for/extending Smith are much more egregious. 

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

Vinnie. 

Was.

Better.

Started a thread on this, record wise this is true, Vinny even has a better record against Dallas.  But in regards to quality draft picks up and down the board, there's no contest.  That and getting us out if overpaying everyone made it a push, aka they both suck.

We all keep mentioning the obvious.  Dan hires a real tradtional GM and lets the GM pick the players and new coach.

Sadly, there's one problem with that. Dan Snyder will NEVER hire a traditional GM.

Only reason Allen was here in the first place, Shanny wanted someone in that role.  Shanny was effectively hired the moment he got fired from Denver; though it took another season before Shanny accepted the job. We all knew, Shanny was the guy Dan wanted.

Dan doesn't want a real GM, for whatever reason.

The best we can hope for, the next hire; is able to bring a personnel guy to be his defacto GM.  The coach is the ultimate decider but the defacto GM does all the GM duties.  

I don't see Dan ever hiring a traditional GM.   When he goes after his next big name, either from the NFL or College ranks; they will want control. If the coach is smart, they will insist on their own personnel man.  To get said big name, Dan will agree to that.

Archived