Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

1 hour ago, ThePackisback said:

I think you guys should hire Ted Thompson as the GM and McCarthy as the new coach.

I know Ted Thompson was loathed by a lot of Packers fans, and many were ready to see McCarthy go.  So are you wishing these 2 guys upon us like I would wish Jim Zorn as hc and Bruce Allen as gm for the cowboys?

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I enjoy Aikman. But not as a GM.

The whole "GM role" thing for him, though, is to get FOX to pay him even more.

I actually like Aikman too, as a color guy, and Romo is even better.

But Aikman clearly has about three too many concussions, which is sad.  And he has absolutely zero GM credentials.  How did we even get on this insane tack anyway 

56 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

FWIW - Russell on his podcast saying BA was basically saying bye to people in the org on Sunday.

I fudging knew he would turn into another John Schneider! 😫

If he's allowed to walk out the door that might be the final straw for me

20 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Apparently Deangelo Hall has said that Allen is in Texas w/Snyder at the owners meeting.  

I mean...is that really a surprise though? I doubt Allen was going to be fired with 3 games to go. At this point, just keep him until the season is officially over. He’s still the GM at this time, so I’d be shocked if he wasn’t there....

he’ll be canned directly after the game against Dallas. 

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree but there is so much piling on to the pile.  It's the perfect storm if we are dealing with an owner who is normal but we aren't here.  Ravens might end up the SB winner.  Nationals just won the WS. Attendance and TV ratings at an all time low.  Supposedly, he's getting feedback that top coaches aren't interested in the job, don't like his FO structure, don't care for his boy, Bruce.  I am just wondering how low does it have to get before the dude gets it?

Image result for A long time

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Hoping b Allen is fired like vinnie..last 3/4 games of the season

Vinny was fired on December 17th, if what JP said somewhere was true.  

3 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Dhall as maybe Doug Williams’ replacement? Sure.

A GM outright? Hell naw. That’s a major role that should be given to guys with years of experience scouting and building.

Except John Lynch had no experience, and it has worked out well for him.  He is older and has been retired longer though.  I wouldn't be at all shocked if Dan used that as his justification if they do go the player route.  

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

No to Dhall, Alex Smith, Cooley or any other unqualified ex-player!!   Can't believe some of you are alright with this. I am Ok with an ex-player if they have shown they understand the job. These 3 have done nothing to indicate they have even the slightest clue. 

So, I agree I would not want any of the three, but for different reasons:

- DHall, he's actually wicked smart, but I don't think he's ever run anything ever.  And I think that's too big a jump off the bat for him. 

- Cooley, similar to DHall, except I more question his motivation.  He has talked so openly about folding the tent when things went south, if he was GM, would he really have the intestinal fortitude to stick out the hard times?  I don't know.  I actually don't think so.  I think he'd make a great SVP or something, though.  

- Alex Smith - just appears to be way to chummy with Dan, who is going to pay him $60 million dollars for playing in 9 games.  I dunno, I just don't love those optics.

2 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

You guys are a great fanbase. I enjoy chatting football with y'all.

Luckily for you, there are only about 12 of us left, so you know us all by name!

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:
FWIW - Russell on his podcast saying BA was basically saying bye to people in the org on Sunday.

I take this with a grain of salt, but I also don't think Dan is going to do Bruce dirty.  I think they're going to find a way to make it mutual, and Dan is going to let Bruce say his goodbyes, and then ride off into the sunset.  

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this news was "dumped in the trash" on Friday afternoon/evening so it would avoid a full day of chatter during the week, and by the time Monday rolled around, it was a couple days old.  

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm still here and I wasn't even alive during the SB years, nor was I born or raised anywhere near DC. My favorite player was murdered in his prime and my best memories were of a season that ended with all hope destroyed via ACL tear. 

What a ****ing moron I am. 

I coiuldn't decide on the meme. So you get :

Image result for Yup meme

image.jpeg.550fbb9f21bc5775c698f77d8caf4191.jpeg

image.jpeg.27ae77816fba07be1992359c44da8441.jpeg

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001086813/article/troy-aikman-admits-eyeing-gm-role-not-with-cowboys

Just saw this on NFL.com.    As I said to the other players with no experience leading to think they have any clue - just say NO!!   But this would be so Dan. 

The difference between Troy and Cooley/DHall/ASmith is that Aikman is older, more mature, and has seen a ton.  I also really would respect his ability to break down players and film.  He's also NFL royalty, and has the reputation of being class personified.  Which, honestly, we need.  

It would also really piss off Cowboy fans, and I would like that.  

If they went this route, and it wouldn't be my first choice, but if they did, I bet they put him as President, promote Kyle to GM.  I don't know what you do with Williams.  

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

They mutually decide to split ways with Allen retiring..show me the news!!

image.jpeg.009942e11396002fdd4635d7806de97b.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean...is that really a surprise though? I doubt Allen was going to be fired with 3 games to go. At this point, just keep him until the season is officially over. He’s still the GM at this time, so I’d be shocked if he wasn’t there....

he’ll be canned directly after the game against Dallas. 

Nah, if Dan's going to do it, it will be either this Friday or next Friday.  It won't be right after a game, that looks like you're blaming one game on Bruce.  It won't be in the middle of the day.

It will be at a time which will let the news breathe a little bit before the next news cycle.  

It's also going to be a mutual parting of the ways, and will be accompanied by the hiring of the new president. 

So much for all the reports of Allen being gone before the season ends. All of this reporting is starting to sound like some in the media are trying to drive a narrative...not the first time that's happened. I think we should just all assume that BA is going to stay, that way we can all be ecstatic if and when he does leave.

We also haven't heard any leaks of big names going into and out of Ashburn. That doesn't mean there aren't interviews going on...but surely something would have leaked by now. I think BA will stay and Callahan will be coach next year...or Pepper Rodgers.🙄

2 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

We also haven't heard any leaks of big names going into and out of Ashburn. That doesn't mean there aren't interviews going on...but surely something would have leaked by now. I think BA will stay and Callahan will be coach next year...or Pepper Rodgers.🙄

There was NO news about Gibbs before he was hired.  And there was no news about Allen before he was hired.

And then BANG.  Both moves happened.

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yes. He is the Director of College Scouting. And his players have sucked ass.

Which player do you think sucked most? Chase Roullier, Jonathan Allen, Fabian Moreau, Daron Payne, Derrius Guice, Tim Settle, Troy Apke, Shaun Dion Hamilton, Montez Sweat, Terry McLauren, Cole Holcomb, Kelvin Harmon, or Jimmy Moreland?

Edit: I'll bet it's that Montae Nicholson, that 4th round pick that's playing like a 4th round pick. Otherwise, might even be that UDFA Steven Simms. Such a disappointment.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, I agree I would not want any of the three, but for different reasons:

- DHall, he's actually wicked smart, but I don't think he's ever run anything ever.  And I think that's too big a jump off the bat for him. 

- Cooley, similar to DHall, except I more question his motivation.  He has talked so openly about folding the tent when things went south, if he was GM, would he really have the intestinal fortitude to stick out the hard times?  I don't know.  I actually don't think so.  I think he'd make a great SVP or something, though.  

- Alex Smith - just appears to be way to chummy with Dan, who is going to pay him $60 million dollars for playing in 9 games.  I dunno, I just don't love those optics.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The difference between Troy and Cooley/DHall/ASmith is that Aikman is older, more mature, and has seen a ton.  I also really would respect his ability to break down players and film.  He's also NFL royalty, and has the reputation of being class personified.  Which, honestly, we need.  

It would also really piss off Cowboy fans, and I would like that.  

You had me until here. There are a lot of older, more mature, that have seen a lot players and other NFL people that have no business being a GM. That is not a qualification for being a GM. And just to piss off dallast is the worst reason ever. How about we piss them off by getting a competent GM, building a solid team. and beating their ****ing asses every year! Now that will piss them off in a meaningful way. 

Now that is something I can support strongly!   :dallas_sucks: 

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Which player do you think sucked most? Chase Roullier, Jonathan Allen, Fabian Moreau, Daron Payne, Derrius Guice, Tim Settle, Troy Apke, Shaun Dion Hamilton, Montez Sweat, Terry McLauren, Cole Holcomb, Kelvin Harmon, or Jimmy Moreland?

Edit: I'll bet it's that Montae Nicholson, that 4th round pick that's playing like a 4th round pick. Otherwise, might even be that UDFA Steven Simms. Such a disappointment.

Not only that, but he also needs to be graded on a curve.  He just provides the info, the picks get made by Bruce and in Haskins case, Dan.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Nah, if Dan's going to do it, it will be either this Friday or next Friday.  It won't be right after a game, that looks like you're blaming one game on Bruce.  It won't be in the middle of the day.

It will be at a time which will let the news breathe a little bit before the next news cycle.  

It's also going to be a mutual parting of the ways, and will be accompanied by the hiring of the new president. 

Yeah if he wants to bury a story, best time is Friday afternoon.  You'd figure he might figure that Bruce's canning while will be celebrated by the fan base will also accompany bad stories about the franchise.

Some who cover the team still don't think it happens until after the season to make it look like a retirement.

😂😂

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah if he wants to bury a story, best time is Friday afternoon.  You'd figure he might figure that Bruce's canning while will be celebrated by the fan base will also accompany bad stories about the franchise.

Some who cover the team still don't think it happens until after the season to make it look like a retirement.

People have been saying this week only because Vinny was canned after the December owners meeting.  It's just weird with all the chatter about the "bye" stuff to staff.  Why would he do that Sunday and not the last game of the season?

Archived