Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

1 minute ago, Theismann07 said:

Totally agree. But, this concept, which is so easy for us to see and understand, totally has escaped this man for 20 years. Maybe....just maybe...the lightbulb will go off.

I was thinking the same thing.  Synder is possibly one of the worst human beings alive.  But to be where he is must mean he is somewhat smart, right?  How could a person of even average intelligence not see what everybody else sees?  

1 minute ago, Csup said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Synder is possibly one of the worst human beings alive.  But to be where he is must mean he is somewhat smart, right?  How could a person of even average intelligence not see what everybody else sees?  

I’m with you. How can something so obvious to everyone else, be so foreign to this man who was able to earn so much wealth in his life. I guess he is the epitome of the definition of insanity lol.

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He'll just hire another yes man.

Maybe so.  But the question for now, is do we want Bruce back or not?  I'd take my chances that it won't be a yes man part 3 even though its possible.  But I got nothing in the mix of my thoughts of bring back Bruce because he's probably going to do worse. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe so.  But the question for now, is do we want Bruce back or not?  I'd take my chances that it won't be a yes man part 3 even though its possible.  But I got nothing in the mix of my thoughts of bring back Bruce because he's probably going to do worse. 

Nothing, literally nothing is worse than Bruce. Dan could hire a potato attached to a magic eight ball and repeatedly drop the eight ball and get better results.

In response to a post from the gameday thread saying that an Eric S VP/Smith GM combo was ideal...

I really really don't like how comfortable/settled Eric S. is working in this environment. He could be buddies with Snyder as well for all we know, isn't he also still General Counsel for the team as well? No thanks. 

Kyle Smith has had other influences, people to network with outside the organization, and is younger...if he isn't given complete control I'm at least fine with him being the "talent" guy. But if someone is going to have power over him, I want it to be someone from outside the poison of this organization and not someone who has functioned and thrived within it for what, 15 years, like Eric S. has. 

We need someone to help bring a new culture here along with the HC they hire, not someone who has spent so much time in the already existent cesspool culture. Someone who will have no qualms tearing apart any part of the FO or football operations, rather than already having personal relationships with everyone in the building from Dan to Marketing to PR to the medical staff etc.

26 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Bruce isn’t going anywhere and if he were to leave, Dan would hire another imbecile to follow in Vinny and brucifer’s footsteps 

the real issue is that 5’1” sack of poop in

the owners box

Yeah, I’m definitely worried we are going to move on from Bruce just to get a future lackey like Louis Riddick. 

11 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Nothing, literally nothing is worse than Bruce. Dan could hire a potato attached to a magic eight ball and repeatedly drop the eight ball and get better results.

Agree... but I said the same about Vinny. Our owner is great at one thing: finding new ways to sink lower. 

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Yeah, I’m definitely worried we are going to move on from Bruce just to get a future lackey like Louis Riddick. 

If/when Bruce is gone they seriously need to purge everyone that has ever been involved with this front office. We need to grab someone from a successful organization. 

27 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Yeah I agree.  That's my point to those that say it doesn't matter.  They might end up right.  But all we can do is hope for one thing or another -- Bruce stays or goes?  As for what happens next.  We got no idea but I understand the skepticism for those who think nothing will improve.   Personally I think it would help to get rid of the we are close and the culture is damn good dude who gets national attention for dumb statements, being ranked dead last in just about every national NFL survey ranking, and high profile negotiation snafus.    

18 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

In response to a post from the gameday thread saying that an Eric S VP/Smith GM combo was ideal...

I really really don't like how comfortable/settled Eric S. is working in this environment. He could be buddies with Snyder as well for all we know, isn't he also still General Counsel for the team as well? No thanks. 

Kyle Smith has had other influences, people to network with outside the organization, and is younger...if he isn't given complete control I'm at least fine with him being the "talent" guy. But if someone is going to have power over him, I want it to be someone from outside the poison of this organization and not someone who has functioned and thrived within it for what, 15 years, like Eric S. has. 

We need someone to help bring a new culture here along with the HC they hire, not someone who has spent so much time in the already existent cesspool culture. Someone who will have no qualms tearing apart any part of the FO or football operations, rather than already having personal relationships with everyone in the building from Dan to Marketing to PR to the medical staff etc.

Yeah I've become disenchanted with the idea of Schaffer at the top.  In the past, it wasn't my favorite idea but I could tolerate it.    But yeah I don't want a money dude who is close to Dan running personnel.   His reputation is better than Bruce's so I'd take it over Bruce running things.  But I think we deserve better than just settling for something.  

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@bakedtater1 what about my post was confusing to you....? 😂😂😂 

(also sidenote, why is there a bakedtater 1 AND a bakedtater2?) 

Oh jesus gods talking about beating a dead horse I thought the whole bt1 bt2 thing has been explained...

Confused to why you gotta try to cover your self asking if dip **** has been fired

27 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Agree... but I said the same about Vinny. Our owner is great at one thing: finding new ways to sink lower. 

I agree it may not get any better, or possibly even get worse - but it will definitely not get any better if he stays here. That much we know. 

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Oh jesus gods talking about beating a dead horse I thought the whole bt1 bt2 thing has been explained...

Confused to why you gotta try to cover your self asking if dip **** has been fired

It might have, i probably missed it, just thought it was amusing, since i have never noticed that before :P 

also the “asking for a friend” thing was meant as a joke 😂 i wasnt ACTUALLY asking for a friend. I was asking for all of ES since we’re all thinking the same question 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It might have, i probably missed it, just thought it was amusing, since i have never noticed that before :P 

also the “asking for a friend” thing was meant as a joke 😂 i wasnt ACTUALLY asking for a friend. I was asking for all of ES since we’re all thinking the same question 🤷🏻‍♂️

No were not and you weren't joking.. now just go back to ignoring me like you're used to lol..

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Cooleyfan and bakedtater miscommunicating is top tier ES schtick except it's real. 

I **** with him like I do my best friend from here..he kinda reminds me of him lol

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

...? So i wasnt joking about asking for a friend? LOL ok 😂😂😂 not my fault you simply just didn’t understand my post 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

No..dont hind under a rock..just come right out and ask..like you were giving me **** about the dude I was heckling for putting in the wrong word..I'm giving you **** lol

Archived