Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

We can dissect it all we want.  It's all we have left: yelling at each other about how awful the front office has been.  We don't care about games anymore.

On any other planet the GM of this organization is fired simply from the media mess it's created.  But apparently Dan has his own planet.  A yacht is one thing, but geez man, your own planet?  

We just want it to get bad enough for change.  I'm personally hoping that Dan and Bruce get into a drunken argument - Bruce says something out of line and Dan fires him.  That's the realistic goal at this point. 

2 hours ago, Dirt said:

We just want it to get bad enough for change.  I'm personally hoping that Dan and Bruce get into a drunken argument - Bruce says something out of line and Dan fires him.  That's the realistic goal at this point. 

They'll probably get drunk together celebrating their next move into dysfunctionality

Cv8eTiTVUAAe0R0.jpg

Spent a couple hours last night listening to some random talk show dude on SXM explain how teams like the Knicks and Redskins are irrelevant and have disrespected fans so much that they have no reason to expect to have any fans.

Not the Lions. Not the Browns, or Bills, or Jets or Mets.

The Snyderskins were the subject along side the Knicks.

But at least they showed the OT that they've paid 100M already who is the boss. :ols:

The fallout w/ Trent, combined with the 1 win season and not many more wins in sight, plus all the other BS from the past 9 years, I just don't see how Allen can survive this. There will have to be a move made at the end of the season. 

20 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

That key point here might be if Trent gets paid anything for this year or not. What is it, 11mill down the pan for Trent if he doesn't get paid. Can't believe he wanted that outcome.

Except he literally said it wasnt about money all along, and that what HE wanted was to not have to play for the Redskins again.

So thats exactly what he wanted.  It seems a bit crazy to me all of the people who would just prefer to ignore what he has said in favor of their "Yeah but I would want something different".

2 hours ago, RVAskins said:

Hey Dan. If you want to get this feeling back, fire Bruce.

SNY.0.gif&key=e5a53e5b6ba3f795f470f226e0

I have to admit... I’m kinda torn. It would be nice to have “that feeling” again, but I never... ever... ever want to see that janky dork do that again. 

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

Except he literally said it wasnt about money all along, and that what HE wanted was to not have to play for the Redskins again.

So thats exactly what he wanted.  It seems a bit crazy to me all of the people who would just prefer to ignore what he has said in favor of their "Yeah but I would want something different".

You did hear him talk about the lack of guaranteed money in his contract, didn't you? Or did you ignore that?

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

It's not like he ever won anything to get that excited about with or without Brewse.

He's just drunk.

Actually wasn't that a game we put up 40+ on the Jets?  At this point I'd reenact it for a chance at that kinda offensive explosion.  

1 hour ago, megared said:

Actually wasn't that a game we put up 40+ on the Jets?  At this point I'd reenact it for a chance at that kinda offensive explosion.  

Jets....? You call yourself a fan yet you don’t even remember who we played that game?? :P (Mostly kidding!). 

We played the packers, just btw😂 score was 42-24, in 2016. The SNF game before thanksgiving. We only play the jets once every 4 seasons, so the most recent year we faced them was 2015, and we lost that game horribly. 

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Jets....? You call yourself a fan yet you don’t even remember who we played that game?? :P (Mostly kidding!). 

We played the packers, just btw😂 score was 42-24, in 2016. The SNF game before thanksgiving. We only play the jets once every 4 seasons, so the most recent year we faced them was 2015, and we lost that game horribly. 

With Kirk Cousins at QB, Jay Gruden as HC and Aaron Rodgers (though injured) on the opposing team.

Too good to be trust but fun to dream.  He does have DC ties.   Bezos don't team up with Dan, buy the club. 

Multi-billionaire Jeff Bezos has interest in purchasing an NFL team and has become close with several current owners, according to league sources, and has strong support within the league to eventually join their ranks. Bezos, the Amazon mogul who also owns the Washington Post, has spend considerable time around owners, including Washington's Dan Snyder, and is in the process of moving to Washington.

Bezos is one of the richest people on the planet and watched the last Super Bowl from commissioner Roger Goodell's suite, sources said. Powerful owners like Jerry Jones believe he would be a great addition to the NFL, to say nothing of the ability to pay top dollar, in cash, for a franchise to his liking as they become available. There are not any teams currently on the market, though the Seattle Seahawks will be sold at some point following the death of Paul Allen last year, and there is considerable concern in the league office about the mounting lawsuits from various heirs to former Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, with that team possibly heading to the market in a few years as well.

Bezos' move to Washington is creating a stir in that area, as is his ties to Snyder. Snyder has been trying for years to get a state-of-the-art downtown stadium built in DC, growing increasingly frustrated by the location and age of FedEx Field. Bezos moved the Washington Post to a new location after purchasing the paper, is setting up an Amazon hub in the area and some believe could aid Snyder's pursuit of a new stadium, perhaps even with an Amazon sponsorship.

Regardless, he is someone who will be increasingly tied to potential franchise sales in the coming years, league sources said, and on a short list of those who could quickly execute a complicated transaction of that nature in short order.

Of course, Bezos could just blow away Snyder or any other owner with a sale price that would far exceed the current estimated Forbes value.

The Redskins were recently valued at 3.4 billion by Forbes. What if Bezos said "here Dan, take this $5 billion, please" - how could Snyder turn that down?

I'm sure he wouldn't want to, but it would be the first thing that Snyder would do, that Redskins fans would be thrilled about.

My pal and colleague Nick Ashooh of 106.7 The FAN and NBCSportsWashington first mentioned a few weeks ago that he heard about a possible partnership between Bezos and Snyder, likely centering around a new stadium.

It certainly makes sense in every way. It's something I had been thinking about, but wasn't sure how it would develop.

Bezos seems to be a very smart and decent businessman. I certainly haven't heard any horror stories about him, but perhaps others would know better.

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/jeff-bezos-wants-into-the-nfl

The Washington Warriors, playing at a stadium called “The Amazon”. Where you can order your food and have it delivered to your seat by a drone within seconds.

Customer service so great, that you can get a refund if the product is not to your satisfaction (i.e. if they lose). Yea, I’m down!

I would imagine Bezos would be a much better owner than Snyder. Certainly, fewer have deeper pockets.

Would he want to rename the team the Washington Amazon though? I guess you'd have to reference the rain forest over ancient tribe of female warriors. Although it could be cool if they were all dressed like Wonder Woman :silly:

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I would imagine Bezos would be a much better owner than Snyder. Certainly, fewer have deeper pockets.

Would he want to rename the team the Washington Amazon though? 

He would definitely want to rename the team. Best guess would be something more "American" or government related. And that new logo/name would be everywhere.

The bromance of the Capitals/Nationals/insert new team name would be really fun for marketing also.

31 minutes ago, daveakl said:

He would definitely want to rename the team. Best guess would be something more "American" or government related. And that new logo/name would be everywhere.

The bromance of the Capitals/Nationals/insert new team name would be really fun for marketing also.

The Valor would have been a great name.

Archived