Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

Spaceman Spiff

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Always thought Lauer was a smug douche.  Good riddance.

That's pretty much everyone on daytime TV.

And now Tom Hanks

https://bluerockpublicradio.com/another-actress-steps-forward-accusing-tom-hanks-of-being-nice-f4eec3485206

... said Warren, who was only 17 at the time. “And it wasn’t just one instance. The entire time I was on set he repeatedly exposed himself to me as a thoroughly decent human being.”

Warren is just the latest actress to tell her story, coming just days after Zoe Tanowitz recounted the time Hanks entered her dressing room and performed an impromptu song and dance number for her birthday. Actress Georgia Moreno, Hanks’s co-star in The Green Mile, noted last month that the actor would regularly force himself upon the crew, insisting on helping them clean up equipment after shoots.

“We kept saying ‘stop it, stop it, you’re too kind,’” said Warren. “But he persisted.”

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/details-emerge-matt-lauer-apos-142618307.html

And, Ali alleges, "some top executives at NBC were aware of these stories."

"I, and other reporters, have been aware of several women who have come forward privately in the past few months," he continued. "Even before Weinstein. They weren't willing to go public though...they were terrified of Matt. Matt Lauer put the fear of God into these women. He had relationships with reporters outside NBC that he cultivated just for this purpose. They knew that."

"Lauer is among the worst I've heard about," Ali added. "Not in terms of the kind of misconduct but the way in which he manipulated these women into silence. It's evil, frightening stuff."

"An NBC staffer [came] forward with a claim that Matt sexually assaulted her at the Olympics," a source told the outlet. "There have been rumors about Matt having affairs with subordinates at NBC for years, but those were believed to be consensual. This incident in Rio was not."

NBC News Chairman was much more vague about the complaint regarding Lauer, saying that NBC had "received a detailed complaint from a colleague about inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace by Matt Lauer. It represented, after serious review, a clear violation of our company's standards. As a result, we've decided to terminate his employment."

May the purge continue. Power corrupts some people to the point where they think they can do anything, moving far beyond 'inappropriate' behavior to assault which they covered up with threats.

Meanwhile due to politics being so partisan, elected officials and candidates can get away with it because most of their side will back them.

• Like 4

Damn Lauer is a total creep... he came down hard in O’Reilly, rightfully so, but he did worse stuff! 

He must have known this was coming, unless he is a delusional prick.

i love these smug a-holes who do this crap and think they can do anything they want to anyone. So glad to see them take a crap on their careers. Can’t wait to see who is next. So many jerkoffs who deserve it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, USS Redskins said:

Damn Lauer is a total creep... he came down hard in O’Reilly, rightfully so, but he did worse stuff! 

Nobody knows what O’Rielly did because he paid the women and ungodly amount of hush money.  Or you can just make **** up to fit your perspective if that’s what suits you.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Nobody knows what O’Rielly did because he paid the women and ungodly amount of hush money.  Or you can just make **** up to fit your perspective if that’s what suits you.

Sorry, obviously you follow the perv scene more closely than I. Have at it and enjoy.

I just thought they were just 2 a-holes... you obviously know allot about that too.

16 minutes ago, USS Redskins said:

Sorry, obviously you follow the perv scene more closely than I. Have at it and enjoy.

I just thought they were just 2 a-holes... you obviously know allot about that too.

Now here's an intelligent response.

On a related note, I was thinking about starting an "Ask a Perve Thread". Good idea? Bad? How about a "****, Marry, or Kill?" thread. Sounds like a fun game old Matt came up with.