Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Got Dammit Doctson

normal_gymnasium

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

If we get around to actually playing him rather than sticking him in about once a quarter, he'll have more catches. And I have faith that with more reps, the mistakes will go away.

Theres a reason hes not been on the field. Im sure jay would love to get him more involved

We are looking to get him involved more and Cousins does seem to be trusting him more. I think he'll have a big game sooner rather than later. The talent is there.

But man, that's a tough one. Would have been awesome to catch that and be the hero with all the criticism he's suffered.

We just don't seem to get great storyline finishes in D.C.

Just now, sundancer91 said:

Theres a reason hes not been on the field. Im sure jay would love to get him more involved

Perhaps there is a reason, but what I'm seeing on the field is Terrelle Pryor results with a smaller sample size. If Pryor can get out there and play 50-50 as our number 1, I'd think that Doctson could get some time out there as well. Aside from Ryan Grant shining every few drives, none of our receivers have been that much better.

So disappointed.  Every mistake the Skins made tonight is forgiven if Doc catches the God damn ball.  

Doc let ALL his teammates down and I'm sure it's gonna be a crappy plane ride home for him and a long 2 weeks.  

I would've rather got our asses kicked than to lose like that.  I get all the "wow we showed heart" and other moral victory statements.  But **** all that.  The win was right there.

I can't sleep I'm so ****ing pissed.  God damn you, Doctson.    

I know we all wanted this win because no one in the league thought the Skins can come in and beat a 3-0 team in that stadium. This is why the ball squirting out of his hands as he rolls on the ground hurts so much at the end. Sure there were other plays before that and the refs didn't help but what you can control and you don't just hurts that much more. 

I'm more pissed that we didn't go for it in the first quarter on fourth and one on the goal line than the drop via JD.  Maybe I'm wrong, but we had momentum and were kicking ass then.  We should have gone for it like we did a few plays before.  I think that would have changed the outcome of the game. 

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

That's what I'm saying. The Chief didn't control it all the way tot he ground either... and he certainly didn't take two steps and make a football move with control of the ball before he hit the ground.

Not that it ultimately probably mattered, but still...

Except he absolutely did. He bobbled it, regained control, two feet hit down, he was tackled, his butt  hit the ground, he was rolled all the way over and then the ball came out.

There is no question that was a catch. None. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, brandymac27 said:

I'm more pissed that we didn't go for it in the first quarter on fourth and one on the goal line than the drop via JD.  Maybe I'm wrong, but we had momentum and were kicking ass then.  We should have gone for it like we did a few plays before.  I think that would have changed the outcome of the game. 

I was screaming the same in frustration after the Doctson drop on 4-2. Given the way our D was losing bodies and imploding all second half, just taking the tie and leaving them with 50 seconds on the board didn't sit right at all. I'd of rather kept going for 7. 

Hail. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I was screaming the same in frustration after the Doctson drop on 4-2. Given the way our D was losing bodies and imploding all second half, just taking the tie and leaving them with 50 seconds on the board didn't sit right at all. I'd of rather kept going for 7. 

Hail. 

So many things I wish we could change about this game Lucy Pearl.  But at least I know we gave them a run for their money and hopefully earned some damned respect around the league for our performance. 

27 minutes ago, brandymac27 said:

So many things I wish we could change about this game Lucy Pearl.  But at least I know we gave them a run for their money and hopefully earned some damned respect around the league for our performance. 

If it helps Dave I had a good Cowboys fan texting saying how gutted she was we fell short and how well we played. 

But then her dick husband is a Chiefs fan so I'm not sure that counts. :ols:

Hail. 

*Edit* Edited before I send tso insane with my own corrections! Even though he loves me really. :D

*Double Edit* WOOT! It takes the word dick without correcting. Be afraid. You may now just have created a monster! :headbang:

He dropped a big one, but that's done and in the past now.  This is his first year really playing and he allows Kirk to throw it to places he just can't with any other player.  That makes me want to see how he develops.  He's a special athlete with a high ceiling, that makes me willing to see how things pan out.  

Still wish he'd have caught that damn pass though.  

Cruel world we live in. 

Doctson makes the best play on a ball that a WR can make. Running full speed, no hesitation, 360 spin 30 foot vertical and uses two hands to go up for football. Ball is called incomplete because of ground.

On the other hand.

Pryor pushes off,falls backward on his own feet, catches ball with stomach at the lowest possible point and it's a touchdown. 

Not to mention our #1 is dropping textbook WCO slants for easy first downs. 

It's almost not even fair that Doctson dropped it. 

Kirk hustling down the field putting his blood, sweat, and tears on the line and delivering that laser accurate strike... only to have Doctson betray his efforts with a drop. Unforgivable. It is simply unforgivable. I can't recall a more perfect endzone pass from Kirk in all the years we've been watching him. All the criticism he has had to endure about not showing up in big games and shrinking in the spotlight could have been blown away tonight. It SHOULD have been. A win puts the Redskins in the driver's seat of the entire league. That's the kind of game that defines teams, and can even begin dynasties. This kid is going to have to produce in a big way going forward for me to ever sing his praises again.

And if there is a single Redskin on this roster who isn't as angry about the end of this game as I am, cut them from the squad immediately. I don't care if it's Trent, Norman, Kerrigan or whoever. I want to see each and every active player foaming at the mouth vs the 9ers. That game should be a massacre, and if it isn't hang up your cleats. I'm tired of this gun shy franchise afraid of being on top. This team needs to become a pack of killers.

Archived