Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Got Dammit Doctson

normal_gymnasium

I really have to wonder where Josh Doctson goes from here. That would have been the coolest way imaginable to win that game. It was everything. It was all the things. After all that missed time, Doctson goes full epic fail doing the precise thing he was drafted to do.

You never go full epic fail. 

Dammit Doctson!

It was a painful drop. He had it. Should have kept it. The only thing that irritates me is that Doctson held onto the ball about as long as the receiver on that last catch. I think both should have been ruled incomplete.

It wasn't an easy catch with a guy draped all over him, but it wasn't a hard catch either. It would have been a good, not great catch if he had made it. Would the d have been able to keep the Chiefs out of the endzone with almost a minute to go. I think they might have, but man that D was thin on bodies.

I said this in game thread, yes, he has to hold on to that pass.  

But, did u notice how high he was when he "caught" it???  That's why he is a first round talent.  Live and learn, hope it hurts and he gets better from this mistake.  

Head to head with best team in football, let's get healthy thru the bye week. 

2 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

You need to control it all the way to the ground.

That's what I'm saying. The Chief didn't control it all the way tot he ground either... and he certainly didn't take two steps and make a football move with control of the ball before he hit the ground.

Not that it ultimately probably mattered, but still...

4 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

You need to control it all the way to the ground.

I actually thought he did. It was a weird way to lose the ball. He caught it, brought it into his body and came down with it and somehow lost it. Imo it was worth challenging since we had 2 TO and weren't gonna use them. Was worth a shot.

2 minutes ago, sundancer91 said:

He was too worried about bracing his fall. He puts his hand down instead of securing the pass. Cost them the game

That didn't cost them the game. We tied it up and our 4th string defense just couldn't contend. I have little doubt had we scored a TD that KC would have ended up scoring as well. 

Just one of those games.

4 minutes ago, sundancer91 said:

He was too worried about bracing his fall. He puts his hand down instead of securing the pass. Cost them the game

Exactly. You have to give up your body for a little while if you want to be Washington's hero for a week or two.

18 minutes ago, normal_gymnasium said:

I really have to wonder where Josh Doctson goes from here. That would have been the coolest way imaginable to win that game. It was everything. It was all the things. After all that missed time, Doctson goes full epic fail doing the precise thing he was drafted to do.

You never go full epic fail. 

Dammit Doctson!

No guarantee we win the game even if he catches it.. It took em what 10 seconds to get to our 35 yardline after the fact?? 47 seconds and 2 timeouts is a LIFETIME in the NFL..

12 minutes ago, QBkilla56 said:

He's pacing to have a great 12 catches for the season. 

If we get around to actually playing him rather than sticking him in about once a quarter, he'll have more catches. And I have faith that with more reps, the mistakes will go away.

Archived