Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Are we pretending the filibuster didn't exist?

It didn’t for a while.  But Dems love to pretend that didn’t happen. 

Much easier to blame the GOP than it is to have a serious discussion about this. See you a couple weeks when we do this again 

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

It didn’t for a while.  But Dems love to pretend that didn’t happen. 

Much easier to blame the GOP than it is to have a serious discussion about this. See you a couple weeks when we do this again 

What are you talking about?  The only change in filibuster rules came in 2013 regarding non-SCOTUS judges.

Plenty of warning signs from this kid. His social media is plastered with crazy **** and his peers knew he was dangerous. Did he live at home? How did a 19year old high school drop out buy an AR-15 with multiple magazines, smoke grenades.... gask mask? **** aint cheap. 

Unfortunately saying crazy **** online or on your social media isn't uncommon. 

I'll say this, eventually being a kid in America is going to ****ing suck. We're going to double down on zero tolerance and it'll spread. I didn't really have to experience school post Columbine. Think I was a junior when that happened. Not sure what other route this country can take that'll help. Gun control obviously aint happening. 

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

What are you talking about?  The only change in filibuster rules came in 2013 regarding non-SCOTUS judges.

You’re smarter than that.  The Dems held a filibuster proof majority at the beginning of Obama’s presidency and gun control never made it past a scribble sheet for potential action

5 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Carry on folks.  Remember the tears Obama shed after Sandy Hook and the impressive legislation he and the Dems enacted when they ruled the roost. 

I think Sandy Hook was 2012 when GOP had house and Dem had Senate.  But Obama didn't do anything during the early days of his presidency, so there's some validity there.

I respect you as a poster Kilmer, so I am curious, what would you like to see implemented to stop school shooting?  We are not the only country that allow private ownership of guns yet we seem to be the only country who have these mass school shooting on such a regular basis.  I'm genuinely at a loss.  I guess take all the guns could work, but will never happen.  And I can't believe that's the only way.  Could smart guns be a long term solution?  Arming the good guys won't seem to work in a school setting.  Do we need to flood the halls with armed security guards?  Could school enterances be retrofitted with smartdetectors that automatically triggers a massive alarm upon detecting a gun?  Whatever will actually work and has a chance to be implemented, I'm for.

Obama never had a super majority in the senate.  I also don't think people realized how out of control this had gotten until after the dems lost total control of congress by the time Newtown and Aurora happened and couldn't even get bills on the floor to address this.  It's revisionist history to say anything otherwise.

image.png.6dff629c6a86a193a5b6d000739a3634.png

Edited by Renegade7

Just now, bearrock said:

I think Sandy Hook was 2012 when GOP had house and Dem had Senate.  But Obama didn't do anything during the early days of his presidency, so there's some validity there.

I respect you as a poster Kilmer, so I am curious, what would you like to see implemented to stop school shooting?  We are not the only country that allow private ownership of guns yet we seem to be the only country who have these mass school shooting on such a regular basis.  I'm genuinely at a loss.  I guess take all the guns could work, but will never happen.  And I can't believe that's the only way.  Could smart guns be a long term solution?  Arming the good guys won't seem to work in a school setting.  Do we need to flood the halls with armed security guards?  Could school enterances be retrofitted with smartdetectors that automatically triggers a massive alarm upon detecting a gun?  Whatever will actually work and has a chance to be implemented, I'm for.

Severe gun control legislation immediately.  Nothing but shotguns available without rigorous background and mental health exams.  Don’t close the gun show loophole.  Close down all gun shows.  

Make le it a felony to sell a private gun that gets used in a crime. 

Tax the **** out of bullets

i got more too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Obama never had a super majority in the senate.  I also don't think people realized how out of control this had gotten until after the dems lost total control of congress by the time Newtown and Aurora happened and couldn't even get bills on the floor to address this.  It's revisionist history to say anything otherwise.

image.png.6dff629c6a86a193a5b6d000739a3634.png

Obama had 60 senators his first year in the White House until Ted Kennedy passed away. 

55 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

im past them.

Until they start showing kids with bullet holes and blood oozing out, its not real to the entire American populace.

I do not give a solitary fudge about the NRA or Republican party and anyone who supports them.

I agree.  Every American voter should be forced to watch footage from shootings.  I'm for putting it on TV ads.  That is the only way you get people to care enough to stop voting for ****ing Republicans.

10 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

You’re smarter than that.  The Dems held a filibuster proof majority at the beginning of Obama’s presidency and gun control never made it past a scribble sheet for potential action

Yeah I dunno, maybe during that ~100 day period they shouldn't have focused on the economy in the middle of that thing known as the Great Recession.

Also Sandy Hook was 2012.  The filibuster-proof majority died in early 2009.

Not to mention, GOP has controlled the house 100% of the time since 2010.

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Severe gun control legislation immediately.  Nothing but shotguns available without rigorous background and mental health exams.  Don’t close the gun show loophole.  Close down all gun shows.  

i got more too

Thank you.  Seriously.

There is only one party that is capable of all that to me.  Not to say that they will, and quite honestly there are more important matters on their platform, but they can.  They’re the only ones who would so much of think of it.

PS:  Close down all gun shows was a good one man.  Hadn’t even thought about that but I think it’s a totally great idea.

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

i got more too

How many ya got that will pass or is constitutional?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Thank you.  Seriously.

There is only one party that is capable of all that to me.  Not to say that they will, and quite honestly there are more important matters on their platform, but they can.  They’re the only ones who would so much of think of it.

PS:  Close down all gun shows was a good one man.  Hadn’t even thought about that but I think it’s a totally great idea.

That’s my point.  Only the Dems COULD do this.  But they won’t.  They haven’t tried.  They haven’t even talked about it.  But stupid simple solutions aren’t enough.  Universal back ground checks and closing loopholes wouldn’t have stopped any of the massacres. 

So to me its bull**** to try and blame the GOP for not doing anything because the Dems aren’t doing anything either 

Democrats are the best gun salespeople there are.  

https://www.npr.org/2017/03/31/522036660/democrats-are-good-for-gun-sales-guess-what-happened-after-trumps-election

In the gun industry, politics and fear matter. And they matter a lot. Over the last two years, there was plenty of both to go around amid terror attacks and school shootings. And, of course, there was the presidential race, which Hillary Clinton was heavily favored to win.

Guns and ammunition sold fast. The FBI processed a record number of background checks on potential gun buyers in 2016. (Background checks are considered the best available proxy for gun purchases since overall sales numbers are not made public.)

Analysts say when gun purchases quickly spike a clear connection can be made to fear, politics, or both. Sales jump when people are fearful for their personal safety following tragedies such as school shootings or domestic terror attacks. Buyers snap up firearms when politicians respond to those events by calling for stronger gun control. And sales are higher with a Democrat in the White House is in position to pick Supreme Court justices.

Slow gun sales, vote Republican. ;)

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

You don’t have the right to own a nuclear missile.  None of my suggestions violate the 2nd anymore than laws that prohibit speech in certain circumstances

The one on making it a felony if a gun you sold is used illegally certainly is

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Talk, talk, talk, no one ever does anything. I'm not sure if it is because we don't care or if it is because we've become desensitized to it all.

I think the distrust and the sense of helplessness plays a part.  When we get average, middle of the road americans to sit down on this issue, I think we could come up with lot of sensible, reasonable solutions.

Just now, twa said:

The one on making it a felony if a gun you sold is used illegally certainly is

I think you could change it to felony to illegally sell or transfer a gun and tack on sentencing adjustment for crime committed with the weapon. 

But how about you twa?  Surely you have some good ideas about what might be good things to implement to address the school shootings.

Just now, Springfield said:

Does the 2nd amendment permit you to buy an implement of mass destruction?  Does it protect the mentally unstable?  Does it prevent setting up marketplaces to purchase guns en masse?

Nope.

Define a implement of mass destruction for me....I'm genuinely curious how stunted your imagination is.

Other amendments protect the mentally unstable.....ones ya'll usually endorse.

As do they protect commerce.