Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

13 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

See, you’re being semi-rational in your thinking. This would gain sympathy, but only from the people who already believe in sensible gun control methods. The NRA and the Republic party will just hide behind mental health issues, false flag operation foolishness and a host of other things that all amount to wash, rinse repeat on the next mass shooting. I’m more often ashamed to be from this country than not nowadays. 

im past them.

Until they start showing kids with bullet holes and blood oozing out, its not real to the entire American populace.

I do not give a solitary fudge about the NRA or Republican party and anyone who supports them.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Nothing

Thank you. 

Im a conservative.  And I’m ready to issue serious serious gun control measures.  

But youre ****ing lying if you state that the GOP is the problem and the Dems are the solutiion

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

In 2020 when the Democrats hold the White House and both houses of Congress, what specifically will the democrats do about this?  

And why why haven’t they done it already. 

Nothing becaue the republicans won’t let anything happen.

What should they do, if they had the votes?  That’s been covered but it starts with psychological evaluations and national registrations, probably reaches further.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

It’ll NEVER happen, not in my lifetime.

Then we will just live with these heinous events.

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Thank you. 

Im a conservative.  And I’m ready to issue serious serious gun control measures.  

But youre ****ing lying if you state that the GOP is the problem and the Dems are the solutiion

What, in your estimation, IS the problem?

16 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Thank you. 

Bull****.  Take your both-sidesism and shove it.

Universal background checks.

Gunshow/private sale loophole closed.

Mental health checks.

Bump stock bans.

Waiting periods.

Bans on certain classes of firearms.

And many many more possible changes.

Imagine 70 republicans are in the Senate with a House majority and a President.  How many of those pass?  Now imagine same thing but Dems.

If your answer regarding the latter number is not larger than the former, you're delusional.

The greatest modern legislative mistake Dems ever made was not immediately killing the filibuster the second Ted Kennedy died and implementing their wish list of legislation across the board before the midterms.  If they'd done that, these kids would almost certainly still be alive.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Bull****.  Take your both-sidesism and shove it.

Universal background checks.

Gunshow/private sale loophole closed.

Mental health checks.

Bump stock bans.

Waiting periods.

Bans on certain classes of firearms.

And many many more possible changes.

Imagine 70 republicans are in the Senate with a House majority and a President.  How many of those pass?  Now imagine same thing but Dems.

If your answer regarding the latter number is not larger than the former, you're delusional.

This is why I avoid the tailgate most days. 

Carrynon the circle jerk

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

In 2020 when the Democrats hold the White House and both houses of Congress, what specifically will the democrats do about this?  

And why why haven’t they done it already. 

Ban high-capacity magazines on a national level would be a good start.  A lot of blue states are already doing this.

Can someone explain to me how somebody got into a public school with an AR-15 wearing a gas mask after Newtown happened?  

Edited by Renegade7

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

This is why I avoid the tailgate most days. 

Carrynon the circle jerk

How about you answer the question I posed seriously instead of ducking like a coward.

You think a supermajority Dem Congress with a Dem president wouldn't close the gunshow loophole?  Or ban bump stocks?

You know they would.  Which is why you'd rather lament the tailgate than engage with the question.  You know that the people bringing up substantive gun law changes are Dems.  You know the people blocking them are Republicans.

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

How about you answer the question I posed seriously instead of ducking like a coward.

You think a supermajority Dem Congress with a Dem president wouldn't close the gunshow loophole?  Or ban bump stocks?

You know they would.  Which is why you'd rather lament the tailgate than engage with the question.  You know that the people bringing up substantive gun law changes are Dems.  You know the people blocking them are Republicans.

I generally agree but there are red state Dems which haven’t been brave in the past.

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Yep. GOP bad.  Dems good!