Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I already apologized-kinda for that. You gotta get past it if it doesn't bother you one bit. Wasn't my intent to attack you personally (which would be a poor attempt lets be honest) but to attack the mindset of "I want this so I will refuse any attempt to change no matter how much better it would be for others". I think that mindset is twisted. But thats my opinion, obviously. 

All good, brother.  :)  I'm sure you could stick it to me a lot worse than that if you wanted to :806:

And I was just used your comment (though it was out of context, I apologize) to make a point in general about how easy it is to trigger the weirdo gun owners out there.  I frequent 5-6 gun forums daily and believe me, there are subsections dedicated to pointing out anti-gun comments from politicians, people on Facebook, or neighbors/coworkers.  When people call them unreasonable or say they're close-minded or uninformed, they get pissed.  Total mob mentality.  It's kinda scary to be honest.  I see it every day on the various AR and AK forums.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, youngchew said:

All good, brother.  :)  I'm sure you could stick it to me a lot worse than that if you wanted to :806:

And I was just used your comment (though it was out of context, I apologize) to make a point in general about how easy it is to trigger the weirdo gun owners out there.  I frequent 5-6 gun forums daily and believe me, there are subsections dedicated to pointing out anti-gun comments from politicians, people on Facebook, or neighbors/coworkers.  When people call them unreasonable or say they're close-minded or uninformed, they get pissed.  Total mob mentality.  It's kinda scary to be honest.  I see it every day on the various AR and AK forums.

Oh I believe you it would be stupid for me not to. You and @Popeman38 have taught me alot more than I expected to learn today already and I plan to continue to challenge your opinions just so I can learn more. 

And hell yea I would do alot better than that hahahahaha

1 minute ago, steve09ru said:

Looks like the coffee table is a legit option..

IMG_3806.JPG

lmao. Good post lls 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Guilty. I’m an Earl Grey man.

But I do like a caramel latte (which is VERY metrosexual I know).

I'll take that caramel mach..(however you spell it) from Starbucks with pride. 

I have to at that point, it was 6 bucks or so. 

But it is damn tasty. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kosher Ham said:

I'll take that caramel mach..(however you spell it) from Starbucks with pride. 

I have to at that point, it was 6 bucks or so. 

But it is damn tasty. 

Yep. I’m a Starbucks caramel latte guy - $5+. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

"Pimpin ain't easy, but it's necessary." takes on new meaning when you see the way the NRA is pimping the hell out Kosher's trick ass in this thread.

Wait...Ice Cube is mainstream. No reason to sell out now. 

A trick is what you do. I am situated. No reason to ever trick. 

3 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c11de55d937999ec63b33e9e49c4f6a0.png

Replace Rack with Coffee Table and we're getting somewhere!

I don't get it. You can feel free to check out my unnecessary coffee table though. 

I was almost there...almost. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

No. The AWB of 1994 couldn't do it, because it exempted like 91 rifles that would have otherwise met the definition to be banned. Its unpossible to define because the rifles are built on the same platform.  You can buy a polished walnut .308 and mod it into an "assault rifle" for a few hundred bucks, by only changing the window dressing. 

This is the exact same song and dance we go through every time because by the time gun bans get through committees and signed the NRA has worked to gut them to the point where they are so full of loop-holes so they can continue selling their guns with seperately sold modifiers that are completely legal sold apart but when assembled renders them illegal. You want to argue about 10-11 round magazines, or body styles. But the reality is that it doesn’t matter. The NRA and the Rightwing fight all gun control and only want to reduce every discussion about bans into seemingly arbitrary definitions.

UNTIL the Right feels that enough people have died watering the tree of freedom nothing will change. 

The only question is, how many more have to be slaughtered? 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I believe I clarified that later in the thread, perhaps not. 

Again, deaf ears...or in this case blind eyes.

Maybe my own. 

It is stupid to have any of those museums. 

They should all be American history. 

I had someone tell me that I don't look American. 

What in the hell does that even mean ? 

Because I am not white ? That might be considered a racist statement from that woman. 

So I suppose it's also stupid to have Italian or Chinese restaurants because no matter where it originates, there's only 'Muricun food here, right? And there's no need for a holocaust museum at all. I mean, we didn't kill all those people. Move it to Germany or Poland where it belongs. :rolleyes:

Aside from the utilitarian descriptive aspect of such names, there's a deeper need for such things. For the vast majority of US history, mainstream history books, museums, etc. have by definition, been white American history with a dash of ___________(fill in the blank) so we can give "those people" lip service...when even lip service was even paid. Moreover, there is a need for people to tell their own stories. Going back to the Jewish example, do you think Jews would be well served by having us goyim in charge of teaching their history? What about Mormons? Regarding BET, outside of the de-riguer mention of the Cosby Show, on how many shows could black people see themselves portrayed on screen as anything other than criminals and buffoons, or in many cases, at all? Yes, I know BET has been dreck for a long time, but the point still stands. Sorry but the idea that the term "American" covers everything is what's patently stupid, to use your word for it.

Edited by The Sisko

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

This thread is not about the great variety of museums that exist and how unfamiliar with them some may be. @Kosher Ham @The Sisko @PleaseBlitz Get back on topic please. 

My apologies to all. 

To topic: I am still sick to my stomach about this tragedy. 

There needs to be some type of medium we can come to as collective, intelligent, responsible voters/Americans. 

I feel that certain things can be used in a pitiful fashion. 

The intent is not always to create a killing machine. 

15 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

My apologies to all. 

To topic: I am still sick to my stomach about this tragedy. 

There needs to be some type of medium we can come to as collective, intelligent, responsible voters/Americans

I feel that certain things can be used in a pitiful fashion. 

The intent is not always to create a killing machine. 

On this we agree and I wish I knew how we could do it. 

• Like 1

Nothing will change. We can argue till we're blue in the face about the sensible changes we can and should make to our firearms laws, but nothing will change. The NRA will gear up their anti-legislation wing and fire up their base by telling all their members that their freedoms are under attack ("The liberals are coming! Defend yourselves!"), throw a few more bucks at the gutless whores they purchased on Pennsylvania Avenue, who will then vote down any bills that might stem the free-flowing tap of guns (and the mass profits they produce), and we'll be right back where we are now. A few months from now, when another mass shooting happens, we'll repeat this process ad nauseam.

Politicians are too ****ing gutless to do anything about this, so the cycle of murder will just continue.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

On this we agree and I wish I knew how we could do it. 

Chew was on point with his comments. I want responsible folks with potential weapons. I certainly want to get a complete background check on any gun owner, etc. 

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Nothing will change. We can argue till we're blue in the race about the sensible changes we can and should make to our firearms laws, but nothing will change. The NRA will gear up their anti-legislation wing and fire up their base by telling all their members that their freedoms are under attack ("The liberals are coming! Defend yourselves!"), throw a few more bucks at the gutless whores they purchased on Pennsylvania Avenue, who will then vote down any bills that might stem the free-flowing tap of guns (and the mass profits they produce), and we'll be right back where we are now. A few months from now, when another mass shooting happens, we'll repeat this process ad nauseam.

Politicians are too ****ing gutless to do anything about this, so the cycle of murder will just continue.

I apologize for the entire quote. The blue in the race thing was a typo...but it was funny. 

The rest is a rant. You can't blame the people that are put in office if you don't do something constructive to quell their offerings. 

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

The rest is a rant. You can't blame the people that are put in office if you don't do something constructive to quell their offerings. 

I have no idea what you're trying to say with "quell their offerings", but I live in a liberal state, and have voted according to my personal beliefs when it comes to firearm legislation.

43 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Nothing will change. We can argue till we're blue in the face about the sensible changes we can and should make to our firearms laws, but nothing will change. The NRA will gear up their anti-legislation wing and fire up their base by telling all their members that their freedoms are under attack ("The liberals are coming! Defend yourselves!"), throw a few more bucks at the gutless whores they purchased on Pennsylvania Avenue, who will then vote down any bills that might stem the free-flowing tap of guns (and the mass profits they produce), and we'll be right back where we are now. A few months from now, when another mass shooting happens, we'll repeat this process ad nauseam.

This right here is why the whole debate is pointless. We have two choices:

1) accept that these mass shootings will continue and countless more innocents will die.

2) pretend there’s nothing that can be done about it and just blame it on the fact that people are evil and wait for Jesus to return.

43 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I have no idea what you're trying to say with "quell their offerings", but I live in a liberal state, and have voted according to my personal beliefs when it comes to firearm legislation.

Continue to vote. 

Protest to show the depth.

That is all any of us can really do.  

Edited by Kosher Ham

Read about Taylor Winston and Kacy Thompson, both 29, for their heroic actions even as bullets still flew during the Las Vegas shootings. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/marine-veteran-heard-shots-grabbed-pickup-truck-and-took-vegas-victims-to-safety?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thedailybeast%2Farticles+(The+Daily+Beast+-+Latest+Articles)&yptr=yahoo

Winston, a Marine vet who served in Iraq, commandeered a pickup truck parked on the grounds to transport the wounded to an area hospital.  He help load the wounded into the cab and bed of the truck, drove them to the hospital. then came back for another load of wounded.  In all he transported 24 or more people to Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center. He came back a third time, but by then ambulances and a city bus had arrived to do the job.

Kacy Thompson, a former EMT, broke into police squad cars to get first aid supplies.  He set up a civilian first aid and triage area on the grounds, aided by a firefighter and a trauma nurse who also happened to be attending the concert.  They marked the triage patients with a Sharpie and lipstick. Some of the patients they triaged were transported by Winston in the pickup truck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Still trying to wrap my head around this attack.  I've been watching some videos on CNN, can't really think of a worse case scenario than thousands of people cluttered together in a venue with a shooter being able to freely gun them down from 200 yards away (just an estimate, might even have been closer) at an elevated position.  Many of the people just got down on the ground thinking that maybe they could avoid the gunfire, not knowing where it was coming from.  They were just sitting ducks.  Also, many of the exits were headed towards Las Vegas Boulevard, so in fact they were heading towards the shooter, not away from him.

I'm not even going to try to attempt to come up with an answer regarding gun control because frankly I don't think there is one.  Politicians have no desire to change anything, and it's quite obvious how powerful the NRA is.  It's really sad.  I've said forever, and many have echoed me, I don't see the logic or reasoning behind allowing the average citizen to own assault rifles, much less 59 of them or however many this individual owned.  The only purpose these weapons hold is to slaughter people (or animals but we all know that is a farce).  They are made for the battlefield. 

Edited by abdcskins

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

This is the exact same song and dance we go through every time because by the time gun bans get through committees and signed the NRA has worked to gut them to the point where they are so full of loop-holes so they can continue selling their guns with seperately sold modifiers that are completely legal sold apart but when assembled renders them illegal. You want to argue about 10-11 round magazines, or body styles. But the reality is that it doesn’t matter. The NRA and the Rightwing fight all gun control and only want to reduce every discussion about bans into seemingly arbitrary definitions.

UNTIL the Right feels that enough people have died watering the tree of freedom nothing will change. 

The only question is, how many more have to be slaughtered? 

I am not arguing about 10 or 11 round magazines. And again, the NRA is a lobby, and really the only effective lobby for gun rights supporters.  Do they go too far?  Yes, but every lobby goes beyond what the average user wants.  That is how they establish control.  Take the teachers unions (DISCLAIMER: I am in no way saying the teachers union and the NRA are the same).  Do you think the teachers union only does exactly what the average teacher wants? No, they reach way beyond that and try to establish the best protections as possible for their members.

Ohh, maybe that is how you bust the NRA. Convince the GOP the NRA is a union that is getting out of hand...