Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

2 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Wouldn't it depend on how you used the coffee table ?  Yes. 

Dude... please explain how a coffee table can be used such a way. 

I hope it includes the Incredible Hulk or someone with superpowers. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Several folks that are anti-gun said they would not be willing to compromise at all on assault rifles.  If that's the case, why even bother speaking on it?  Because nothing will change with that mentality.  Both sides are stubborn and dug in, but it's the left/anti-gun that wants change.  It's the left that is currently losing. So the burden is on the left to at least start tossing some possible ideas of compromise out there.  The NRA doesn't need anything from the left on the AR issue, they're getting just about everything they want: very little restriction on assault rifles. 

Is what I'm saying not making sense?  I'm genuinely asking, not being snarky LOL.  I'm honestly trying to understand why anti-AR folks would ever expect anything to change.  At least throw a tickler offer out there to get a sense of whether or not the NRA would even come to the table.  If they did that, the media would put a ton of pressure on the NRA and pro-gun politicians to at least hear you out and respond.  That's how you could at least get some sort of dialogue going.  

I don't think what you are saying is being snarky, but you did directly contradict yourself, which is what I pointed out.  You are right, the NRA currently has everything they want, so they won't compromise.  If no compromise is possible, then the other side will take a different avenue to attain its goals.  

Further, why would anyone even attempt to see what is possible with the NRA when they have proven over and over again that they WILL NOT, under any circumstances, compromise?  Again, you keep saying that the NRA has absolutely no reason to compromise, then you say the gun control movement is responsible for working towards a compromise.  Not being snarky, but you keep contradicting yourself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Coffee table?!?  We getting gaslighted in here...by the dude that thinks BET and the African-American History museum is somehow racist.

Thats some funny ****.

The point of the reference is supposed to be absurd. 

Never said AAH was racist. 

Never said BET was racist. 

Nice try though. 

1 hour ago, youngchew said:

Can only speak for myself as far as being willing to compromise. ....

You can't come to a debate chewy man with a stance of NO compromise (you'll never hand your AR over/ you're out of the convo if 'nobody needs AR's ever' et all); and then flippantly and somewhat condescendingly accuse the person you're debating with of refusing to compromise and meet you in the middle.

You're doing exactly what you're accusing others of there.  

'I'll compromise, but ONLY on my terms to what suits me best ..... '

Come on bud. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Dude... please explain how a coffee table can be used such a way. 

I hope it includes the Incredible Hulk or someone with superpowers. 

Geez. Both of you. 

The table was a point about what you need. 

Do you need a necktie ? 

I made a sarcastic statement about how you use a table. That was it...no need to duck. 

11 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

You have an inkling. You probably do know...but hmm, maybe not, or won't admit it. 

That is funny though. Thanks. 

I honestly don't, but I'll try to summarize as best I can... something about staying on meds, the dangers of smoking three cigarettes at one time, and the inherent danger of furniture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Somehow, that seems like a purely self-serving move. 

4 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

No. The AWB of 1994 couldn't do it, because it exempted like 91 rifles that would have otherwise met the definition to be banned. Its unpossible to define because the rifles are built on the same platform.  You can buy a polished walnut .308 and mod it into an "assault rifle" for a few hundred bucks, by only changing the window dressing.

My standard is pretty low.  I offered my common sense controls earlier.  But define assault weapon.  What it really means is "scary/military in appearance." 

I had heard of bump stocks but hadn't seen them in action. I always envisioned it as a much slower, less efficient affair than was shown in the vid that was posted. That's just insane and transforms that weapon into a machine gun in everything but name. I think where the AWB went wrong was in selecting certain boogeyman weapons and then working backwards to ban them. The end result was weird looking weapons that were much the same as the banned ones. What makes more sense is strengthening background checks, improving tools to track guns, and broad language targeted at specific capabilities of the weapons. So for example, I'd suggest immediately implementing a gun registry (which the NRA loves to use to scare gun owners but eff 'em, it's a major need in criminal investigation), ban magazines that hold more than 4 or 5 rounds, ban any device that increases the cyclic rate of fire of a semi-auto over X rate, and so on. Doing so would, in theory anyway (I'm open to correction) spare sporting firearms and prevent a lot of the shenanigans to exploit loopholes in the AWB. This kind of legislation would mean "assault weapon" owners could keep their guns, but getting caught with a large capacity mag or a bump stock type mod = quick trip to felon land and hence no more legal gun ownership for those not willing to comply.

I have owned an AR-15 for many, many years and I enjoy going to the range and firing a bunch of rounds sometimes. Other times, it's more fun to practice my accuracy.  Now with the advent of the Dumpkins and the increase in white nationalism, there's a defense aspect as well. However, I don't see it at all an infringement of my rights to ratchet back on the wholesale gutting of almost any sort of gun control that has been pushed by the NRA for decades now.

• Like 6

On 9/27/2017 at 11:13 AM, Kosher Ham said:

Is there some sort of team building exercise happening under those circumstances ? No.  So these other teams get involved into the political cycle also ? It's stupid. 

Why AAH museum ? My problem with that is the same problem I have with a television network called BET.  If there was a White Entertainment Television... Americans would throw a fit.  Never seen the Asian American Museum...have you ? 

Not to mention... going to a museum with the fellas... weird. 

6 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

The point of the reference is supposed to be absurd. 

Never said AAH was racist. 

Never said BET was racist. 

Nice try though. 

Repeated self-ownage is an interesting strategy for winning an argument.  But I guess ya gotta go with what you do well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Kosher Ham said:

Geez. Both of you. 

The table was a point about what you need. 

Do you need a necktie ? 

I made a sarcastic statement about how you use a table. That was it...no need to duck. 

You better duck if this guy get's a hold of a big coffee table:

3345424-screen+shot+2013-10-01+at+1.52.5

• Haha 3

How do we get Republicans to come to the table for gun control?  I honestly can't think of a single approach that would work.  By God it feels like the NRA is the North Korean regime, cutting propaganda videos full of absurd rhetoric and escalating conflict, and we're trying to get them to the negotiating table to denuclearize.  They are evil.  How do we get Republicans to go against the NRA and deal?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yes.

http://www.asia.si.edu/

It's on the Mall.  

I believe I clarified that later in the thread, perhaps not. 

Again, deaf ears...or in this case blind eyes.

Maybe my own. 

It is stupid to have any of those museums. 

They should all be American history. 

I had someone tell me that I don't look American. 

What in the hell does that even mean ? 

Because I am not white ? That might be considered a racist statement from that woman. 

6 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I believe I clarified that later in the thread, perhaps not. 

Again, deaf ears...or in this case blind eyes.

Maybe my own. 

It is stupid to have any of those museums. 

They should all be American history. 

Wow, how enlightened of you.  :806:  

Anyways, you didn't make a value judgement, you asked a (loaded) question: "Never seen the Asian American Museum...have you ?"  I simply answered. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

How do we get Republicans to come to the table for gun control? 

No idea. Wayne LaPierre could be filmed tomorrow shooting randomly into a school and it would still be a "mental health" issue.....for a few weeks. Until cutting $$ from mental health is a something they can vote for. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1