Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I feel so bad for having to fight the urge to put white males in a box the way black males have been. It pisses me off that I want to, when I know I shouldn't. that I even have to censor myself from my own thoughts on the subject upsets me. 

Putting any group in a box isn’t right, but I don’t think you’re entirely wrong for feeling that way. I think it’s true for a certain subgroup of white males who have this weird scarcity mindset that women and minorities are coming to take away or intentionally withhold what is rightfully theirs. Rather than using the struggles of life as an opportunity to grow and better themselves, this group chooses to hate and rage against the people they believe have what they think they deserve.

I think it starts young, too. I was at a wedding last night talking to a couple tall, good looking, white male kids who were in high school. I was kind of weirded out because they were complaining about how THEY never get asked out by the pretty girls at shool, and how the most attractive girl at their school is with a “short black guy.” As if being tall and white was somehow a disadvantage. I reassured them that once they get to college, girls will be all over them. They just have to be able to go ask a girl out. There was a sense of hopelessness and anger that they would never find a girl, and that girls will always reject them.

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

11 Islamic extremists attack America = Mooslims are the enemy they are a religion of hate and murder.

Dozens of Rightwing white extremists mass murder minorities, media, and women = mentally ill lone wolf no threat to the community.

Too ****ing true.

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

Updated that a bit for you.

While I don’t wholeheartedly agree, I certainly understand where you’re coming from. As a non-gun toting white guy, I am sickened to my core at the state of this country. Make no mistake, racism and white supremists have been around forever, but the political climate now has made it “cool” to hate Blacks, Jews, Women, Muslims, Leftists, you name it...and to utilize your second amendment right to whip out your gun and do something about it.

I do love my country, but I have never been less proud of it than at this moment in time.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

I think others have said this as well but I'm frankly amazed that this sort of stuff didn't start happening more often even sooner than it did. You have a major political party that has more or less embraced and mainstreamed white nationalism as a defacto platform and a leader of that party and POTUS who's entire campaign and most of his presidency (except for some bizarre 18th century mercantilism notion of trade) has been centered on xenophobia, hate, anger, racism, misogyny and fear. A leader who openly cheers and encourages violence, who repeatedly tells his supporters that the "others" (aka non-whites) are coming to kill and rape them, who dehumanizes minorities and women, who tells his supporters that people with different views (or even those who just report what he says) are literally the enemy of the country. 

I have a feeling this is going to get worse. If the Dems take the House and start going after him he's going to keep ratcheting it up more and more. It's all he know how to do and he really doesn't care how many people are hurt as long as he feels like he's "winning". 

It is abundantly clear that many mass shooters have histories of abuse of intimate partners and/or sexual assault.  It seems obvious to me that sexual assaulters/abusers have little regard for the dignity/autonomy of their fellow humans, and thus should not be trusted with lethal weaponry. 

Edited by bcl05
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I hate it when I see this thread at the top of he page. 

Worst part is it feels inevitable that eventually we will be reading about one if our fellow posters if this keeps up. And there is nothing we can do about it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Prayers to victims. This is normal now for our society. I mean, they didn't even do anything after little kids were killed in Sandy Hook.

What will it take for lawmakers to do the right thing, to prevent This? It won't happen under Trump.

Lawmakers will act the minute it becomes important to their constituents. But it's not and it wont until they start losing family members in mass. 

43 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I hate it when I see this thread at the top of he page. 

I hate that this kind of violence has become so common that incidents no longer rate their own thread.

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Morning Joe isn’t even talking about it at all. 

I hate that too. Are we desensitized to this new normal?

• Like 1