Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

6 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Uummmm......false.  Am I the only one paying attention?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_shooting_of_Dallas_police_officers

Thanks for the correction. Now that you mention it, I do recall something about a robot carrying a bomb in a parking garage. My mistake

7 hours ago, Jumbo said:

you're in the loser end of this other than your passion on the right side of the nazi issue (in trumpland days i actually feel i should tip my hat to those who do indeed still oppose nazis). i'm not going to take time to parse the small things you're sorta almost right a little bit about or the major important things you seem to be ignorant of, historically. 

becuase we're going to stop the derail now so it doesn't continue

and to all---the phrase "you and your ilk" likely gets you permanently removed more often than not if i see it

Gotcha. I stand by my view that it's ridiculous to compare that concentrated evil to what has happened in our country.

For the record, I am not ignorant about the dynamics of what we have done here but I do see how our previous transgressions could have inspired much worse down the road.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

Thanks for the correction. Now that you mention it, I do recall something about a robot carrying a bomb in a parking garage. My mistake

Gotcha. I stand by my view that it's ridiculous to compare that concentrated evil to what has happened in our country.

For the record, I am not ignorant about the dynamics of what we have done here but I do see how our previous transgressions could have inspired much worse down the road.

I really hope you can read a good book on American history and make the link between those acts and today. 

You can start with “Lies My History Teacher Told” to get you on the right path.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is there a part of the world that isn't racing us down the toilet bowl 

12 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think Australia seems to have it figured out.  

Oh, it's going down. 

It just spirals the other way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I studied for the Bar Exam in 1999 in the Jewish Community Center in Squirrel Hill.

I'm being serious here. Squirell Hill may be the best urban neighborhood in America. It's just a perfect mix of housing that you don't need a zillionaire to afford, culture, layout, facilities, etc.

The JCC is amazing. There are apartments that are extremely popular with Carnegie Mellon and Pitt grad students. It has the two best pizza parlors in Western PA. It has a great public high school. It's got that cool  Pittsburgh hilly thing going on without forcing you to park on a 75 degree angle like in other sections of the city. It's predominantly Jewish but not insular. It's never been gentrified, because it's literally been this specific version of nice for 70 years. Having that neighborhood shattered is just devastating.

Everyone on social media is saying that "This is not who we are."

I think this is specifically who we are now.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I really hope you can read a good book on American history and make the link between those acts and today. 

You can start with “Lies My History Teacher Told” to get you on the right path.

Hey my friend, I know about Fred Doug. Difference of opinion or not, I am quite educated thank you very much. No need to get condescending hermano.

50 minutes ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

Hey my friend, I know about Fred Doug. Difference of opinion or not, I am quite educated thank you very much. No need to get condescending hermano.

Apparently you didn't take my instruction that the derail was to end seriously, or you think this post is somehow different.

This will be the last pass you get.

Hear this, all keybaord kommandos and all game-players of all types---watch your posting and adhere to the rules/guidelines or you're going to get bounced.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

I wasn't trying to be condescending. I apologize if it came across that way.

I also don't think you are uneducated.

I just wanted you to see how those issues in the past have harmed us today. America didn't have a government-sanctioned efficient mass murder spree like the Holocaust, but this nation committed genocide against native people and followed that up with slavery and Jim Crow. It is all the same thinking, and my point was that Hitler saw America's policy as inspiration for what he did in Germany. We have to start being honest with each other to move past the darkness.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I wasn't trying to be condescending. I apologize if it came across that way.

I also don't think you are uneducated.

You didn't have a chance to read the post I just made, but can now, and follow what it says. 

Nevertheless, the above is an excellent post. Now back to topic. :)

Anyway, I was reactionary and posted some half-baked thoughts and misinformation. 

To get this thread back to its intent, I was thinking about it the other day and imagine being a citizen of another 1st world nation and following our news and all these psychos and their slaughters are constantly dinging on their news app? I was attempting to put myself in that position the other day and examine it from a perspective that is far removed from our way of life. Even being Americans, we simply can't escape these nightmares even if we all know the next mass killing can't be before too long. It's so disturbing that this is our reality and unfortunately a level of familiarity has simply left us jaded.

• Like 1