Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

Scientists will study brain of former NFL player who police say killed five people then took his own life

he brain of a former NFL player who police said shot and killed five people before taking his own life will be studied by researchers at Boston University, officials said Friday.

York County Sheriff Kevin Tolson said on Wednesday that Phillip Adams, 32, shot two air conditioning technicians -- killing one -- outside the home of a prominent doctor in Rock Hill, South Carolina.

He then forced his way into Dr. Robert Lesslie's home. Lesslie, his wife and two grandchildren, ages 5 and 9, were killed inside.

York County Coroner Sabrina Gast said Friday her office reached out to Boston University to study Adams' brain to see whether he had chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE.

Adams played six seasons in the NFL. In 2012, he suffered two concussions in a three-game span with the Oakland Raiders, his former agent told CNN earlier Friday.

Adams' father, Alonzo Adams, told Charlotte TV station WCNC on Thursday that his son was a quiet, good kid -- but he thought football had taken its toll.

Click on the link for the full article

13 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

That's a pretty big stretch by someone trying to politicize the **** out of this. She's trying a little too hard here. 

Edit: What I mean is that equating the company policy of taking cell phones before a shift to gun laws are apples-to-oranges, at best. 

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm not following...

So, is she trying to say that at the beginning of your shift, you have to turn in your phone - but are allowed to pack heat?  

No, I think she's saying that people can be given the simple request to give up their phones at work, but US citizens can't be asked to give up their guns.  

It's an apples and oranges comparison that plays on emotions though, I will give her that.  

A lot of that thread is people recoiling in horror to the idea that, in some places, you have to give up your phone to work a shift.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No, I think she's saying that people can be given the simple request to give up their phones at work, but US citizens can't be asked to give up their guns.  

It's an apples and oranges comparison that plays on emotions though, I will give her that.  

A lot of that thread is people recoiling in horror to the idea that, in some places, you have to give up your phone to work a shift.  

My issue with her comparison is just that...it intentionally plays on emotions. 

She implies that an entity allows guns but not phones. That's not even apples-to-oranges...