Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

• 2 weeks later...

Cops: Chicago shooter who killed 3 posted social media rants

A man who police say killed three people and wounded four others during a series of shootings in and around Chicago posted nonsensical and expletive-laced videos in the days and hours leading up to the attacks.

Investigators on Sunday were trying to determine a motive for the Saturday afternoon attacks in which police say 32-year-old Jason Nightengale apparently chose his victims at random. Police killed Nightengale in a shootout just north of the city about four hours after authorities say he shot his first victim in the head in a South Side parking garage.

Authorities didn’t release many details about Nightengale, a Chicago man whose LinkedIn page listed work over the years as a janitor, security guard and forklift operator. But a series of disturbing videos posted to Facebook over two years under Nightengale’s middle name, Oliver, offered clues as to his state of mind.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No happy endings here:

8 killed in shootings at 3 metro Atlanta spas. Police have 1 suspect in custody

Authorities in metro Atlanta are investigating whether shootings at three massage parlors that left eight people dead and one wounded are connected.

Two of the shootings were at spas across the street from each other in northeast Atlanta and the other was in Cherokee County to the northwest of the city.

Officials in each jurisdiction said there were no immediate indications of motive and it is unclear whether the shootings were related.

A suspect in the Cherokee County shootings was taken into custody in Crisp County, about 150 miles south of Atlanta, around 8:30 p.m. -- about 3 1/2 hours after the killings. The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office identified him as Robert Aaron Long, 21, of Woodstock.

Deputies were called to Young's Asian Massage near Acworth, Georgia, for reports of a shooting, Cherokee County Sheriff's spokesperson Jay Baker said.

Responding deputies found five people with gunshot wounds. Two people were pronounced dead at the scene and three were transported to a hospital, where two died, Baker said.

The massage parlor is about 30 miles from the sites of the Atlanta shootings, which took place about an hour later.

Atlanta police said they responded to a robbery call at the Gold Massage Spa on Piedmont Road in Atlanta and found three people dead.

While there, police received another call of shots fired directly across the street at the Aroma Therapy Spa, where they found one person dead, Atlanta Police Chief Rodney Bryant said.

Click on the link for the full article

Mental illness is likely a contributing factor -- to me shootings inherently involve mentally unstable people.  

As a father of a teenage son, I am constantly keeping an eye on him for mysoginistic BS that gets pushed to him via TikTok or other social media -- I feel like he gets a ton and he has said some toxic stuff that raises yellow flags. Yes, I get that you play COD and have a "troll streak" -- but your garbage isn't funny.  

I was also that same age. I also went over the line, particularly being judgemental, trollish, etc.

I don't own guns, but we have had the oppurtunity to shoot with other families... and he's not getting close.  

• Like 3

Don't you just love the Police Chief making excuses for this PoS by saying "yesterday was a really bad day for him, and this is what he did". No one gives a crap about his bad day. The families of the eight people he targeted and killed had an even worse day. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Gamebreaker said:

Don't you just love the Police Chief making excuses for this PoS by saying "yesterday was a really bad day for him, and this is what he did". No one gives a crap about his bad day. The families of the eight people he targeted and killed had an even worse day. 

That's just how white shooters are treated. Did they take him to Wendy's too?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Mental illness is likely a contributing factor -- to me shootings inherently involve mentally unstable people.  

For sure mental illness is always a factor. But there are other things than that, that caused him to target a specific demographic. I dont think tip toeing around the fact that hes radicalized by right wing bull**** helps (not at all saying you are or were, talking mainly about my unwillingness to say it. Just fyi) 

I do think a big part of it is upbringing. Like you intimated about your working with your own son. I was a jerkoff at bit of a younger age than that too. I think it was mostly an alcoholic at 21, but I was a total troll and jerk in my late teens. Parenting is so so sosososo important. 

I bet this guys parental figures share some of his biases, though I would bet not to the same extreme. 

• Like 1